Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 09:48 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave305 View Post
Thanks! I also forgot to ask. Is there such a thing as babysitting services at the hotel in case my wife and I want to go out for a few hours at night? Rates if anyone knows?
Offered at virtually all hotels. Expensive...$25 -30 an hour or more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 02:50 AM

10 posts, read 50,551 times
$25 to $30 an hour?? Gee, how much are hookers then!??

Old 03-23-2009, 03:17 AM

444 posts, read 1,615,173 times
traveler.nationalgeographic.com/2007/04/free-city/las-vegas-text/1

The above might help. Also ... depending on how often you travel with your family, the Grand Canyon might be worth a day trip. Afterall, it is spectacular. If this is a once in a lifetime chance for them to see it, then do it. The Hoover Dam aint that great, but there is a paddle boat that goes out onto Lake Mead and near the dam that is more enjoyable. Forget Laughlin. Maybe forget Mt. Charleston. Its only a big deal here if you ski or if you are missing the sight of trees. Valley of Fire is nice and you can get out and walk enough to tire the 7 year old. There are some things in the link above like the Chocolate Factory that might work. Good Luck and say hello to all in AC and Vineland.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:32 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
Quote:
$25 to $30 an hour?? Gee, how much are hookers then!??
The babysitters are hookers!

Old 03-23-2009, 07:06 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,319,508 times
There's a lot to do but my mind can't settle on anything that would really amuse or entertain a 7 yr. old. There used to be Wet & Wild but even with it closed, the dates you are coming will not be that hot yet. If it's warm enough, just hanging around a pool all afternoon might be the best. A 7 yr. old would not appreciate Hoover Dam but riding out by the lake or to the Hoover Dam area is a must see for adults. Tell him to watch for mountain goats. Might try a mini-hike in Red Rock. That's a must see and an awesome place. There's the roller coaster on the top of N.Y.-N.Y. and going up to the Eiffel Tower at Paris. Then of course the volcana at Mirage and seeing the water show in front of Bellagio.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:21 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
$400 an hour so i've heard..

Old 03-23-2009, 08:48 AM

844 posts, read 2,101,829 times
What about Karting, indoor skydiving, etc? I'm not sure of the age minimums on those, but they should entertain the young'ns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
i'd skip laughlin....
I second that! If you're in Vegas, there is no need for Laughlin.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:17 AM

762 posts, read 1,562,309 times
Book at the Golden Nugget they have the most awesome pool rates at 49.00 per night and they are on freemont which your kiddo will love

Old 03-23-2009, 10:57 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,594,394 times
Quote:
Hello All:

Ok, I have decided to surprise my wife and kid (7 yrs. old) with a 4 night vacation from Atlantic City area to see Las Vegas. My wife has always wanted to see the area but since my job offer fell through working at the Encore it never materialized. What I am asking is this. We will be arriving on April 6th and leaving on April 10th. I know it is not much time being there but I was wondering what points of interest would you guys recommend for the 3 full days we will be there? I was thinking Hoover dam, maybe Mount Charleston. Laughlin. How far is the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas? I am looking for stuff also that my kid would enjoy and not get totally bored. I will be renting a car by the way. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Also, any recommendations on hotels with kids activities or even a awesome pool would be nice too. I worked at the Mirage back in 1987 and they had a great pool but not sure if it is the same or too expensive. Oh, please don't say Circus Circus. I was there in November and it was a total toilet. LOL Thanks for the advice in advance.

-Dave
Even though it's a drive you have to see the Grand Canyon. If you are going to come all this way you should see it. Just make it a quick overnight trip. Red Rock is pretty awesome as well. They have a trail that's more suited for children that takes about an hour.

You can pretty much see everything on the Strip in a day or two.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:00 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,594,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
The babysitters are hookers!
LOL! That's just twisted. Personally I would never leave my kids with strangers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas