Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2009, 07:30 AM

4 posts, read 8,313 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I'm moving to las vegas in September- I was wondering what area people would recommend me to live in- some things about me and criteria that may help...

I'm a 26 year old doctor from england. I'm looking at rent of upto $1500 (for that I'd ideally be looking for a two bed place- so I have a room for friends and family to stay)- a pool- private or community would be nice. I'll be working on craig road south near the junction with martin luther highway in north las vegas- I'll be working long days and generally travelling at rush hour- so dont really want to live anywhere thats going to be more than a half hour commute at these times. I like to keep in shape so ideally there will be a decent gym and some out door spaces close by. I still like to party when I get a chance so ideally wont be a million miles away from the strip for a night out!

Think thats about it- I'd really appreciate any advice people have.

Cheers

John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 04:30 PM

252 posts, read 906,112 times
There are tons of places that would put you close to work and entertainment options. You might be able to rent something in one of the downtown high rises (I think a lot of them have pools and workout facilities). LV athletic clubs are located all over the city too, and if you are a member you can use any of them.

I live downtown b/c it's convenient to work as well as where I like to go out. Some houses for rent in my 'hood for <$1500 that include pool.

You might want to check w/ olecapt - he's a realtor and can direct you toward good rental options.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:42 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
Depends a LOT on what Hospital youre working in......UMC and Valley are in the same area and there is a VERY nice apt complex that is MOSTLY hospital people [Mayan Plaza 1700 Alta]

Old 03-25-2009, 05:02 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,685,477 times
it says in the Original Post that he will be working at MLK and Craig...i'm guessing its the UMC Quick Care at Craig near Clayton...

Old 03-25-2009, 06:02 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,783,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
it says in the Original Post that he will be working at MLK and Craig...i'm guessing its the UMC Quick Care at Craig near Clayton...
That would be my guess too, or there is another quick care not run by UMC near by also.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:30 AM

4 posts, read 8,313 times
Thanks for the advice so far- actually a doctor of veterinary medicine. So working at an animal hospital- what are peoples opinion of Summerlin suitable for me? How long would it take to commute to Craig Rd at rush hour?

Cheers

John

Old 03-26-2009, 08:55 AM

1,365 posts, read 4,471,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbo View Post
That would be my guess too, or there is another quick care not run by UMC near by also.
There is another one, Located in the old Lucky's parking lot. I think it is Southwest Medical.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:55 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,685,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjcjc83 View Post
Thanks for the advice so far- actually a doctor of veterinary medicine. So working at an animal hospital- what are peoples opinion of Summerlin suitable for me? How long would it take to commute to Craig Rd at rush hour?

Cheers

John
oh, well, it would be mainly a surface street commute, i think, but i don't know the travel time it would be from Summerlin...

Old 03-26-2009, 07:02 PM

482 posts, read 1,371,833 times
Summerlin is outstanding on the trail situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas