U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 08:12 PM

2,753 posts, read 5,757,028 times

Advertisements

No one deserves any type of crime. Back when I lived in Napa, CA, I had my '65 Mustang, Stangzilla stole from my driveway. It was on my mother's birthday, which made it even worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 09:49 AM

197 posts, read 621,005 times
As someone who grew up in the streets of NYC, I can assure you that Nevada is NOT the most dangerous state.

These "studies" are mostly BS, and based on silly things like how many people wear seat belts or smoke cigarettes or even how many people own firearms.. and have nothing to do with safety in general.

I believe the last one that ranked NV "Most dangerous" was based on car theft.. which Clark county Does have an issue with.. but certainly its not a "dangerous" crime.. simply a property crime.

I bet you that Nevada's crime rate as a whole would drop 90% if North Las Vegas to magically dissapear. Every time I watch the Vegas news.. EVERY crime is in N Las Vegas.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:57 PM

1,476 posts, read 4,034,862 times
Chinga I agree Nevada is not the most dangerous state, but I can assure NLV does not account for 90% of the crime is Nevada. NLV does have its share of crime but no worse than parts of LV. Just ask Metro about the NE area of Las Vegas which does not belong to North Las Vegas.

In my eyes I see Clark County as one. As Vegas goes so goes North Las Vegas, Summerlin, and Henderson.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:59 PM

2,404 posts, read 9,524,988 times
i disagree about the NE, but if they had a real police presence in West Las Vegas and Naked City, it may help take away some crime...I have already seen many police bike patrols on Sierra Vista, which i believe is cracking down on crime...

Also, realize crime happens everywhere too...

Old 03-26-2009, 08:12 PM

2,753 posts, read 5,757,028 times
My former brother-in-law is a shop helper at Superior Auto Glass (shameless plug), and he says that most of their business for broken (crime) car windows comes from Summerlin.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:12 PM

369 posts, read 664,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCenteno View Post
So Nevada is ranked the MOST dangerous state. Las Vegas however, is not even on the list for the most dangerous city. My phone has not stopped ringing with all my friends from New York calling to inform my of the horror. I cannot believe this. I STILL love it here.

It's because all of those NY drivers here

Old 06-10-2010, 08:52 AM

2 posts, read 7,412 times
Try driving through north Vegas trust me I promise you'll witness gang members sharing bullets in the neighborhood

Old 06-10-2010, 09:38 AM

15,756 posts, read 32,484,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subliminalpurposes View Post
Try driving through north Vegas trust me I promise you'll witness gang members sharing bullets in the neighborhood
Nonsense. NLV is interchangable with the Clark County and City of Las Vegas neighborhoods with which it is contiguous. I doubt very much you can tell which you are actually in.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:51 AM

15,371 posts, read 33,759,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subliminalpurposes View Post
I am less tactful then OleCapt. In the imortal words of Penn and Teller [Penn actually since Teller never talks] I call BULLS#$% on what you said.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:21 AM

15,194 posts, read 17,686,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
My former brother-in-law is a shop helper at Superior Auto Glass (shameless plug), and he says that most of their business for broken (crime) car windows comes from Summerlin.
I took one of our cars there after the GPS was taken from it. They dropped the interior door panel and cracked it, and the new window doesn't recess completely into the door like it should. They replaced the cracked panel - as they should have, although they did try to talk me into a small discount on the glass instead (yeah, right), but I didn't bother talking to them about the vertical alignment of the window. I wasn't going to give them the chance to make it worse or break something else...

As for the crime here, we had someone break into our car as I mentioned, but in total, I've had much more trouble when I was living in/around Los Angeles - lots of vehicle vandalism/breakins, and my apartment was broken into once. I've only been here a few years - I think in the long run, it'll probably balance out pretty evenly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas