U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 05:45 PM

2,581 posts, read 5,491,279 times
Newsflash! It's very easy to get a "deal" to get into Vegas. Not so much if you live there and want to go someplace else, especially in a hurry. Now, with passenger rates down it may not be quite as bad as it used to be.

Just curious, is the out of state tuition to UNLV really that much cheaper than in-state tuition in MA? or maybe you meant other states there, as well. Like I said, just curious. I have a neice in film school in Manhattan.

Throw some, but not all your caution to the wind but still be sure you have plenty of money! Good luck to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 06:20 PM

15,758 posts, read 19,205,794 times
Go south. Rent a condo or a small house. 89123, 89141, 89074, 89012

Stay away from the apartments unless you love that life style. It is generally a loser in Vegas.

YOu will do fine. You have the magic ingredient...an income.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:20 PM

2,404 posts, read 7,170,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblee83 View Post
Are you talking about the Las Palmas apartments? I checked that out and I really like it! The only thing is that it is surrounded by other houses, I'm used to having a lot of things in walking distance in Boston. Although I guess that is part of the change in moving to Vegas, a car becomes needed to get around.
i dont think i've seen the las palmas apartments...i'm talking about Camden Breeze at Pecos/Tropicana which is really nice

Old 03-29-2009, 06:29 PM

7 posts, read 8,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKat View Post
Newsflash! It's very easy to get a "deal" to get into Vegas. Not so much if you live there and want to go someplace else, especially in a hurry. Now, with passenger rates down it may not be quite as bad as it used to be.

Just curious, is the out of state tuition to UNLV really that much cheaper than in-state tuition in MA? or maybe you meant other states there, as well. Like I said, just curious. I have a neice in film school in Manhattan.

Throw some, but not all your caution to the wind but still be sure you have plenty of money! Good luck to you.
Thanks! I was under the impression that if we move to Vegas, we would pay in-state tuition for UNLV. The in-state tuition there is significantly lower than what you'd find in New York or Boston. It is half the in-state cost of UMass Boston, for example.

I wonder if you have to reside in Las Vegas for a certain amount of time before you qualify for in-state tuition?

Old 03-29-2009, 06:48 PM

2,404 posts, read 7,170,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblee83 View Post
Thanks! I was under the impression that if we move to Vegas, we would pay in-state tuition for UNLV. The in-state tuition there is significantly lower than what you'd find in New York or Boston. It is half the in-state cost of UMass Boston, for example.

I wonder if you have to reside in Las Vegas for a certain amount of time before you qualify for in-state tuition?
i believe you have to reside here for a year to qualify for in-state tuition, i am not sure though...

Old 03-29-2009, 07:03 PM

15,758 posts, read 19,205,794 times
From the horses mouth...

Qualifying for Nevada Residency

Residency regulations have been established by the Board of Regents. For a complete listing of categories and definitions, please refer to the Undergraduate Catalog.

The following categories qualify for Nevada resident status:

A member of the Armed Forces of the United States
Full-time licensed personnel employed by a public school district in Nevada
A teacher who is currently employed full time in Nevada
A professional or classified employee of the University and Community College System of Nevada
Company relocation (also applies to spouse and children)
Family relocation to the state
Millennium scholarship recipients
A student who has lived in the state for a period of 12 months

Old 03-29-2009, 07:11 PM

7 posts, read 8,376 times
So my situation would apply to "Family relocation to the state." I assume that would automatically and immediately make my wife a Vegas resident and qualify for in-state tuition, correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas