Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2009, 11:36 AM

12 posts, read 44,933 times

Advertisements

I am from outstate and want to buy an inexpensive 2 bedroom as my primary residence as I am planning to move to Vegas.
Could you please advise about The Residences at 2200 South Apache Road. I can see that there are quite a number of foreclosures there. But what's it really like? Safe?
mod cut:

Last edited by scirocco22; 03-27-2009 at 05:59 PM.. Reason: please use a DM for a response from a specific member. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 04:29 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
That's probably S.Fort Apache road. Good area.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:08 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,682,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by home4suzy View Post
I am from outstate and want to buy an inexpensive 2 bedroom as my primary residence as I am planning to move to Vegas.
Could you please advise about The Residences at 2200 South Apache Road. I can see that there are quite a number of foreclosures there. But what's it really like? Safe?
mod cut:
mod cut:

Anyways, i would say that that area is fine, although i don't know much else about the individual complex...if there's lots of foreclosures, are you comfortable with having an empty complex or a complex full of renters?

Last edited by scirocco22; 03-27-2009 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: comments orphaned ...thanks for the report

Old 03-28-2009, 12:23 PM

Thanks for your views guys.Really appreciated. But I'm not clear whether that complex is a good and safe place to stay.I wonder if there's someone who might have lived there or visited someone who lives there. I see from these forums that Broadstone, at Desert Shores,for example is likely to have more criminal activity. I was looking for similar info. Anyone? It looks like a fairly pretty place and prices are very attractive, plus its close to the Strip.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:56 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by home4suzy View Post
Thanks for your views guys.Really appreciated. But I'm not clear whether that complex is a good and safe place to stay.I wonder if there's someone who might have lived there or visited someone who lives there. I see from these forums that Broadstone, at Desert Shores,for example is likely to have more criminal activity. I was looking for similar info. Anyone? It looks like a fairly pretty place and prices are very attractive, plus its close to the Strip.
Nice area, nice complex. Condo conversion built in 1991 and converted in 2006...virtually all units are underwater by more than 50%.

All conversion are suspect. This one is no different.

It may well be impossible to finance in there...may have to be cash. Talk to your loan guy about it if you need to finance.

Likely, almost certain, to end up mostly renters. Likiely too appealing to investors to go any other way particularly if financing is not possible.

All that said it is a nice complex in a nice area.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:02 AM

269 posts, read 976,637 times
Looked at these last year and it was high on my list before some research....but....some units redone, some not. We saw many that were trashed. Beware of MLS pics that only show the grounds. HOA fee very high at over $250 a month. Olecapt is right, this was a condo conversion right at the top of the market before the crash. One bedrooms in the $40's now, a year ago asking price was $100K. Mostly investors renting out the units. We passed.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:13 PM

6 posts, read 22,438 times
I moved to Las Vegas over a year ago with my husband and daughter and rented one of the condos for 6 months. Here's my 2 cents: It is in a nice area, close to a lot of shops, restaurants, and Boca Park. However, we decided to leave because of the type of people that occupied the other condos. Don't get me wrong there are some very nice people there but it seemed that the majority of the people who owned the condos did not live there and rented them out. Which means you get a lot of owners who would rent to anyone. I also had a conversation with someone who lived there when they were apartments and was told the crime had gotten worse since the conversion. I was told they had a lot of car break-ins which in the past was unheard of in that area.
When we left (about 6 months ago) they were in the process of beefing up security so it may be a little better there now, but my advice would be to talk to some of the neighbors if you get a chance before buying.

Good Luck!

Old 03-29-2009, 08:48 PM

Thanks. Thats just the kind of info I was looking for. It stands to reason I suppose that when a complex is selling so much cheaper than others there is something fishy. I guess I will have to up my budget to 100K. I will be buying cash, can anyone advise about the best deal in that range. I don't want to be a very far commute from the strip as my husband will be working there....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: