Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 08:46 AM

207 posts, read 732,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
how do they know if ur really texting or checking directions or finding a phone number? this law is up to so much interpretation...
And that is the way they like it... sadly enough

Yet another reason for the cops to stop and check on you.

I dont even talk while driving.. I normally tell those who call me that I will call them back when at my destination, but this kind of nanny state bill is JUST what the Californians coming in love.

I really have to wonder how they can PROVE you were texting and not dialing a phone number.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:57 AM

42 posts, read 145,463 times
Good, they should ban the use of mobile phones whilst driving unless you have a handsfree kit as well.

The amount of people I see in Vegas on their mobile phones, not paying attention and swerving around the lanes is unbelievable. What do they find to talk about!!! Surely they can wait until they have reached their destination.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:45 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,047,430 times
MOST of them are from California

Old 04-13-2009, 01:08 PM

638 posts, read 2,238,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkme View Post
So much for Nevada being a free state. I thought y'all did NOT want to become California 2.0?!
Free state? I'd like to be free from being surrounded by idiots text messaging while driving 80 mph on the freeway. It is a public safety issue and has nothing to do with California.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:35 PM

844 posts, read 2,097,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR77 View Post
Free state? I'd like to be free from being surrounded by idiots text messaging while driving 80 mph on the freeway. It is a public safety issue and has nothing to do with California.

Some people can't drive when there are ZERO "distractions" - I say get those people off the road first, rather than slap more laws on the rest of us!!!

Old 04-14-2009, 03:34 AM

515 posts, read 1,178,520 times
All you people calling for a hands-free requirement are misguided. Hands-free is no safer than hand-held and there are plenty of studies to back that up. Just google for "handsfree not safer."

The real problem is the distraction of holding a conversation with someone who is not in the car. When the other person is in the car they know when to shut up and let you concentrate on driving because they can see the surrounding conditions just as well as you can. But on a phone call the other person has no clue what is going on around your car so the end result is that your attention is divided between the phone call and the road even when conditions get dangerous.

Personally, I would rather see the reverse - hands-free is outlawed in a car. That way I can see the other driver holding their phone up to their ear, it serves as a warning to other drivers to steer clear of the dummy on the phone.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:50 AM

844 posts, read 2,097,361 times
All of you controlling types would be happier in California - where government knows best

Old 04-14-2009, 08:39 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,446,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiminani View Post
All you people calling for a hands-free requirement are misguided. Hands-free is no safer than hand-held and there are plenty of studies to back that up. Just google for "handsfree not safer."

The real problem is the distraction of holding a conversation with someone who is not in the car. When the other person is in the car they know when to shut up and let you concentrate on driving because they can see the surrounding conditions just as well as you can. But on a phone call the other person has no clue what is going on around your car so the end result is that your attention is divided between the phone call and the road even when conditions get dangerous.

Personally, I would rather see the reverse - hands-free is outlawed in a car. That way I can see the other driver holding their phone up to their ear, it serves as a warning to other drivers to steer clear of the dummy on the phone.
xlnt post...trd 2 rep u but no go.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:48 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,652,577 times
It's interesting how everything is blamed on us former Californians. In Oregon we're called Californiacators. I don't text while driving, always use a headset, and only talk when I absolutely need to. Not every person on the road is from California, so all of the blame is just sour grapes, imho.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:45 AM

307 posts, read 1,221,206 times
Cellphone including headsets while driving should be BANNED because they tend to focus on their conversations instead of on the road. My biggest pet peeve is when someone talks on the phone and isn't pay attention to road especially traffic lights. Whoever is using cellphone while driving is STUPID!!! IT can wait til you're in a parking lot then answer the phone, how hard is that???????? For God's sake, please do not answer the phone while driving. That's dangerous. I can't believe some of you answer the phone while driving. Why bother? It is more important to keep your eyes on the road than just chit chat on your phone while driving...Geez.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas