U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Moving to Vegas / 89128 belongs to summerlin?
Is vegas a safe place for kids? 2 40.00%
Is summerlin the best place in town 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 11:31 AM

67 posts, read 173,275 times

Advertisements

Realstate took me to North Vegas exit on Easter I believe .. I did not like the part of town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 11:33 AM

3,728 posts, read 8,406,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie37 View Post
Thank you very much for your reply- it's very helping!. See I'm not familiar with the area and I want to be sure before a make an offer on a house. It's dessert shore an ok area? Any other area I should consider looking into? Your anwser is highly appreciated.
Desert Shores is a nice master plan community, depending on where you live in DS your kids (high school) would either go to Centennial or Cimmarron.

Remember that you'll have to pay HOA fees every month, that's a standard in any master plan community. You could also look at other areas in the valley including but not limited to: Mountains Edge, Lone Mountain, Southern Highlands (Henderson area), Green Valley, Aliante (North Las Vegas).

This is where the expertise of a licensed realtor comes into play. They can direct you to the areas which are on your list of wants/not wants. Look up Olecapt, Desert Shores is in his stomping grounds. And also, use the search button on this forum, lots and lots of really good info (both good/bad) is located in various threads.

Good luck to you Millie!

Old 04-16-2009, 12:51 PM

482 posts, read 1,221,287 times
But didn't we already establish that this property IS NOT IN DESERT SHORES.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:04 PM

13,819 posts, read 25,167,453 times
The whole area (except Summerlin) looks ghetto???? That sure would make any sane person want to move their family there to live, huh?

Old 04-16-2009, 01:06 PM

3,728 posts, read 8,406,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwlv View Post
But didn't we already establish that this property IS NOT IN DESERT SHORES.
The property that the OP is talking about is in SOUTH SHORES...Desert Shores

You are a bit confused, and obviously not familiar with the area. From a random Desert Shores realtor's website...

Desert Shores Real Estate - Desert Shore Homes, Desert Shore homes for sale, and Desert Shore home and Desert Shore home for sale

Desert Shores homes are situated in what can be truly referred to as an oasis in the desert. Located in the northwest portion of Las Vegas (adjacent to the Summerlin community), the Desert Shores master-plan is defined by a series of beautiful and functional man-made lakes that permeate the residential environment. Rowboats, paddle boats, sail boats and electric boats are permitted and Desert Shores real estate features many lakefront homes with private docking. The complete expanse of the community is nearly 700 acres and includes approximately 3,300 homes.

The development where this home is located is right off Harbor Island Ave, just east of the Big Lot Store shopping center. Definately Desert Shores, definately nice area. BUT DEFINATELY not Summerlin. You have to pay your HOA dues to Desert Shores for Aqua Spray Avenue, NOT SUMMERLIN!!!

Last edited by MomMom; 04-16-2009 at 01:17 PM..

Old 04-16-2009, 01:31 PM

Southshore Real Estate in Las Vegas Nevada - Southshore Las Vegas Real Estate, Southshore Homes, Southshore homes for sale, and Southshore home and Southshore home for sale
Looks like you're the one, who doesn't know the area. Your link does not mention SouthShore at all.
......"Located between Desert Shores and Summerlin......

Old 04-16-2009, 01:43 PM

Clark County Real Property
This is the record on the specific home in question. 8221 Aqua Spray. Maybe you better check your medication.

Here is the listing on realtor.com http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/8221-Aqua-Spray-Av_Las-Vegas_NV_89128_1103378837 (broken link). NO MENTION OF DESERT SHORES.

BTW, that house sold in 2000 for 209K. In 11-2003, it was resold for 323,000. Now it's Deutchebank's.

Last edited by nwlv; 04-16-2009 at 02:12 PM..

Old 04-16-2009, 03:22 PM

444 posts, read 1,455,837 times
Millie ... Regardless of what 1 realtor calls it or another proclaims, truth is even realtors get confused on border properties.

Its a great area. It will rent for your suggested amount or more.

The best advice you have been given is to DM olecapt as he seems to live, play and work in that area. He has answered many many questions about your specific situation. Give him a shot at explaining the details.

This will work for you. Welcome and Good Luck.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:29 PM

15,371 posts, read 34,647,252 times
man....it makes me scared to go home tonight.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:12 PM

67 posts, read 173,275 times
I'm sorry, I probably did not expressed my self the right way!. I meant to say some places I visited with my realstate looked ghetto!.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or