U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 04-25-2009, 06:14 PM
 
1,714 posts, read 2,304,600 times
Reputation: 816
Default Anniversary Dinner

Hi all, hope your Saturday is good

Our 5th wedding anniversary is Monday. I am taking my wife to dinner Thursday night since she has to work Monday. Of course I am trying to pick the right restaurant for the special event so I'm asking for advice on where I should consider taking her.

We have already gone to Hugo's Cellar, The Steakhouse at CC, Smith and Wollensky. I was thinking of Golden Steer, but then it would be nice to have a table at Bellagio overlooking the fountains. Then I see the billboard for the restaurant at the Stratosphere, so as you can see I am terribly vexed (as Joaquin Phoenix would say in Gladiator)

So if you were in my shoes, where would be the special place to go??

Thanks for your help
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-25-2009, 06:29 PM
 
762 posts, read 889,500 times
Reputation: 519
I had the truffle pasta at stack in Mirage before the love show that made me swoon. The service sucked, the other dishes were sub par but I would go back for that dish in a heartbeat.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2009, 06:30 PM
 
762 posts, read 889,500 times
Reputation: 519
Oh and if it is still Olives that overlooks the fountains skip it
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2009, 06:31 PM
 
Location: Reno
734 posts, read 973,444 times
Reputation: 591
A friend recently faced a situation similar to yours and settled on Mon Ami Gabi at Paris. The weather was nice, and he and his wife sat outside, watching the passers-by and the Bellagio fountains across the street, and had a wonderful time.

I haven't eaten there, but it's on my to-do list.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2009, 06:56 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,758 posts, read 19,268,668 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
Hi all, hope your Saturday is good

Our 5th wedding anniversary is Monday. I am taking my wife to dinner Thursday night since she has to work Monday. Of course I am trying to pick the right restaurant for the special event so I'm asking for advice on where I should consider taking her.

We have already gone to Hugo's Cellar, The Steakhouse at CC, Smith and Wollensky. I was thinking of Golden Steer, but then it would be nice to have a table at Bellagio overlooking the fountains. Then I see the billboard for the restaurant at the Stratosphere, so as you can see I am terribly vexed (as Joaquin Phoenix would say in Gladiator)

So if you were in my shoes, where would be the special place to go??

Thanks for your help
We are working that issue as I write. Our case is complicated because the Admiral's birthday comes up in May and our Anniversary in July...so it most be coordinated...

Present plan is that we will stay local for the Bday and go high on the hog for the Anniversary. We are thinking about a limo to Michaels at South Point...They a limo home via the strip with perhaps a stop or two if we are able to get out of the limo.

Been four years since our last Michaels and we need a fix.

Absolutely no one does Las Vegas better than Michaels...There is better food. There is more exotic environment...but if you want to do Vegas....Michaels. And you should arrive and leave in a limo. Part of the mystique.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2009, 08:05 PM
 
Location: Here and there, you decide.
9,333 posts, read 13,910,910 times
Reputation: 2290
Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
I had the truffle pasta at stack in Mirage before the love show that made me swoon. The service sucked, the other dishes were sub par but I would go back for that dish in a heartbeat.
we ate there also, it was ok, the service was good (even sent us a thank you card) but the ambiance.. well not really..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2009, 09:29 PM
 
1,714 posts, read 2,304,600 times
Reputation: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
We are working that issue as I write. Our case is complicated because the Admiral's birthday comes up in May and our Anniversary in July...so it most be coordinated...

Present plan is that we will stay local for the Bday and go high on the hog for the Anniversary. We are thinking about a limo to Michaels at South Point...They a limo home via the strip with perhaps a stop or two if we are able to get out of the limo.

Been four years since our last Michaels and we need a fix.

Absolutely no one does Las Vegas better than Michaels...There is better food. There is more exotic environment...but if you want to do Vegas....Michaels. And you should arrive and leave in a limo. Part of the mystique.
Olecapt,

Good suggestion my friend, thank you. I have never set foot in South Point, so that may work out fine because we could do some gambling afterward. How is the ambience in Michael's?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2009, 09:39 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,758 posts, read 19,268,668 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
Olecapt,

Good suggestion my friend, thank you. I have never set foot in South Point, so that may work out fine because we could do some gambling afterward. How is the ambience in Michael's?

It ain't the best restaurant in Las Vegas. It is however the best Las Vegas Restaurant in Las Vegas. By a long ways...

Entering is mildly sinful.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2009, 11:28 PM
 
3,114 posts, read 4,348,249 times
Reputation: 1625
Quote:
Originally Posted by owelles View Post
A friend recently faced a situation similar to yours and settled on Mon Ami Gabi at Paris. The weather was nice, and he and his wife sat outside, watching the passers-by and the Bellagio fountains across the street, and had a wonderful time.

I haven't eaten there, but it's on my to-do list.
Mon Ami Gabi is great if the weather permits sitting on the patio.

It's crap for an aniversary if you have to sit inside because you will be inches from the people next to you.

The food is really good for the price, but not as good as a place like Hugo's. The ambiance on the patio in the evening is outstanding.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2009, 11:38 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
11,268 posts, read 18,806,686 times
Reputation: 3812
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
It ain't the best restaurant in Las Vegas. It is however the best Las Vegas Restaurant in Las Vegas. By a long ways...

Entering is mildly sinful.
Is Michael's the one that used to be in the Barbary Coast? If so I've heard nothing but good things about the food, though I'm not a big steak eater.

If it was me I'd go to Bon Ami Gabi (reminds you of a kitchen cleanser doesn't it?). The food and service were very good when we went, but it's the location that really makes it one of the most romantic in town.

Las Vegas Restaurants and Dining at Paris Las Vegas


If you really want great service and fine food, go to the Ritz-Carlton or the Hyatt Regency at Lake Las Vegas. In this weather, any of the restaurants in MonteLago Village at Lake Las Vegas that are lakeside and have outdoor patios are a good choice for a womantic evening too.

Dining

And don't forget, Marché Bacchus at Desert Shores. Sit outside overlooking the lake. Excellent food, great wines, good service, and a beautiful view.

http://www.marchebacchus.com/flash/
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top