Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 09:25 PM

24 posts, read 216,313 times

Advertisements

Please, if you have a referral, PM me. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 03:00 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,421,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbreed83 View Post
Hi! I'm moving soon and will need to rent my house out. Can anyone refer me too a good property management company? I'd like to hear personal stories or stories you've heard about particular companies. Thanks!
I can not warn you enough: Do your homework when screening a PM!

Old 05-19-2009, 09:27 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,494,050 times
Yes I would like a good one too - I notice no names are mentioned here cept for Terra- perhaps someone can PM me as well! I was thinking of buying either a house or maybe a luxury condo and leasing it out for a few years hoping that LV will come back- ( hoping not sure it will).

Old 05-19-2009, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 2,573 times
Is it possible for those of you sending/receiving DMs to share the names of the companies you are suggesting so that potential renters can also contact the management companies or is that against the rules?

Old 05-19-2009, 10:33 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,494,050 times
I haven't gotten any Dm's yet. The only (non) experience I had with real estate people in LV was calling a broker named Howard Dew about a listing. Emails - 3 calls over a week and yesterday when I called again his secretary had informed me the house I was interested just sold.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:57 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,348,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwt8070 View Post
The owner of the property management company told me that she asks all her clients to buy a home warranty which covers all appliances, plumbing, etc., so in most cases the repairs are covered by the insurance. A home warranty cost a few hundred dollars a year depending on the size of the house.

Is this also how other property management companies do? What should I watch out for when looking for a property management company?

It's up to you. Some of our owners have the warranty plans. You have to make sure you understand the coverage because for instance, the one our owner uses does not cover any repairs to the icemaker! One of the most common refrigerator repairs there is, by the way. But the plans are cheap and do cover certain things. Just read the fine print.

I hesitated to state the company(s) that I knew about because I really did not know if that was allowed or not. But since someone has recommended Terra and is apparantly still living , I will say that the Century 21 offices that I worked with did a good job in my opinion. I think they're kind of regional so call around and ask about your property's location, if they cover that area. I have been gone 5 years so I'm not sure if some of the same folks are in those offices.

I was not a RE agent in LV, I owned a process serving company, so I did the Notices and Eviction filings for many properties. (I was so well loved there LOL)

So, anyhow I saw how they did things in a timely way and were very nice to work with.

Last edited by KonaKat; 05-20-2009 at 01:00 AM.. Reason: Add'l info

Old 05-20-2009, 12:56 AM

1,365 posts, read 4,458,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
I haven't gotten any Dm's yet. The only (non) experience I had with real estate people in LV was calling a broker named Howard Dew about a listing. Emails - 3 calls over a week and yesterday when I called again his secretary had informed me the house I was interested just sold.

I had that happen with one of his listings. I called the number because I was in front of the house, got a different agent. We then set up an appointment to view the house. Well I went out with a different agent that my aunt had set up, asked him about the house and he said it had an offer that was accepted. I never got a call back from the agent, not even to cancel the appointment. I did not go, but she never even tried to call me back or see if I wanted to look at a differant house.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:21 PM

106 posts, read 222,245 times
Default Can someone recommend a good property management company.

I want to rent out my house which is located in Cenn Hills. I have heard that some charge 10% while some charge as little as 6%.

Also what should I rent my home out for. It is located near stores, schools, has 1406 sq feet, and 3 bedrooms.

Thanks guys.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:25 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,881,006 times
how old is the house? does it have a yard? gated community?

Old 06-23-2009, 09:10 AM

124 posts, read 475,229 times
Terrawest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas