Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 08:16 PM

10,020 posts, read 9,473,588 times

Advertisements

Hey PS is the first poster coco456, the same as the other coco from the RJ that ended up homeless with two kids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I'm sure you should have no trouble finding employment here. Your best bet is to apply at the hospital(s) of your interest. Or apply at them all. Most places these days you can apply online.
And since you are bilingual, you are in demand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 12:29 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,240,960 times
Sure seems like it VL.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:03 PM

8 posts, read 17,346 times
I have actually moved before to a new city, My mom, my sister and brother all moved from Dallas to Galveston. I have no family here, or anywhere, so going somewhere new where I don't know anyone isn't an issue for me. There are a thousand reasons why I want to leave Texas, I just don't feel like I belong here, I am not happy here. Vegas has been in the game plan for more than five years now, but I got married and let my ex talk me out of it. Now that is over, I want to follow my heart. I didn't come up with it overnight. It was New York at first, then Pheonix, it still may be Pheonix from what I read. I will have money to find an apartment for a year, and child care, I'm not coming broke with two kids. But being I do not have friends or family here, I can't afford to pay overnight sitters, and countless plan tickets, to go to interviews. Like I have said I've done this before, and I do have a plan.But the career I have chosed is coding, and I am not going back to school as I am already 32 years old. I am Certified as a coder CPC with the AAPC,as well as a Certified office assistant. My coding education is of the Outpatient teaching hospital setting, so that will not be foreign to me, every thing in the coding and insurance field changes any way so, I know how to get the answers in that case. I have worked in medical records, as a dental receptionist, a medical insurance biller. I currently have been coding for a FQHC clinic, coding general medicine which is a little of everything, OB, Well child, well woman, fractures and x-rays,ultrasounds, laboratory, colds, cancers,and mental heath, I have pretty well rounded experience. Hospitals, you are usually coding for one department. I just do not want to have trouble finding employment in this field, I also speak spanish. That is why I am seeking Knowledge from you guys and gals about your city. I have many reasons why vegas is the one, being that I am from a tourist town, I am more comfortable with that type of setting being one, and the natural disaster thing. I can come alone also, while my kids stay with their father until I get settled. But I hope they can come with me.

Last edited by spalomares; 09-26-2007 at 01:18 PM.. Reason: did not finish again.and again.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:12 PM

No I Am Not Coco456 Coco is my ex's nick name which is ironic, I would never use that

Last edited by spalomares; 09-26-2007 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: by the way

Old 09-26-2007, 01:48 PM

Default my bad

oh my bad, I thought you guys thought the 1st poster was me. Anyhow, didn't the first poster only list one child.

Last edited by spalomares; 09-26-2007 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: my bad again.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:57 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,449,091 times
Wow...there's a lot of cocoa out there!

Old 09-26-2007, 06:49 PM

10,020 posts, read 9,473,588 times
I suggest you do what I stated in the previous post. Call a couple of the hospitals and speak to the director or leave a message and have them call you back when they can talk for a few minutes. Honestly most HIM directors are easy to talk to and I bet would be willing to let you know what choices in the field out there that would be right for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spalomares View Post
I have actually moved before to a new city, My mom, my sister and brother all moved from Dallas to Galveston. I have no family here, or anywhere, so going somewhere new where I don't know anyone isn't an issue for me. There are a thousand reasons why I want to leave Texas, I just don't feel like I belong here, I am not happy here. Vegas has been in the game plan for more than five years now, but I got married and let my ex talk me out of it. Now that is over, I want to follow my heart. I didn't come up with it overnight. It was New York at first, then Pheonix, it still may be Pheonix from what I read. I will have money to find an apartment for a year, and child care, I'm not coming broke with two kids. But being I do not have friends or family here, I can't afford to pay overnight sitters, and countless plan tickets, to go to interviews. Like I have said I've done this before, and I do have a plan.But the career I have chosed is coding, and I am not going back to school as I am already 32 years old. I am Certified as a coder CPC with the AAPC,as well as a Certified office assistant. My coding education is of the Outpatient teaching hospital setting, so that will not be foreign to me, every thing in the coding and insurance field changes any way so, I know how to get the answers in that case. I have worked in medical records, as a dental receptionist, a medical insurance biller. I currently have been coding for a FQHC clinic, coding general medicine which is a little of everything, OB, Well child, well woman, fractures and x-rays,ultrasounds, laboratory, colds, cancers,and mental heath, I have pretty well rounded experience. Hospitals, you are usually coding for one department. I just do not want to have trouble finding employment in this field, I also speak spanish. That is why I am seeking Knowledge from you guys and gals about your city. I have many reasons why vegas is the one, being that I am from a tourist town, I am more comfortable with that type of setting being one, and the natural disaster thing. I can come alone also, while my kids stay with their father until I get settled. But I hope they can come with me.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:31 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,449,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
I suggest you do what I stated in the previous post. Call a couple of the hospitals and speak to the director or leave a message and have them call you back when they can talk for a few minutes. Honestly most HIM directors are easy to talk to and I bet would be willing to let you know what choices in the field out there that would be right for you.
Political correctness would say that most HER directors are also easy and willing to talk, also.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:16 AM

Thanks, guys for the advice, I will make some calls. As for the plan ticket costs, I may be willing to drive up every weekend when I am ready to go. I could always set up interviews for a monday. About how long of a drive do you believe it will be from Galveston Island Texas to LV Nevada. I am also afraid of plans, I have never been on one. I know I will be migrateing on the bus the summer I will arrive. But I will be getting a new car next January, so it could be an option to drive.

Old 09-29-2007, 03:31 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,240,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spalomares View Post
No I Am Not Coco456 Coco is my ex's nick name which is ironic, I would never use that
Methinks coco has come back as xslave...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: