U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 06:14 PM

65 posts, read 165,411 times

Advertisements

The house we are rented has the GFI in the garage. I am from Indiana where the electric codes are different and every plug in the bathroom and kitchen had to be a GFI. Here, I guess it is different. Well, the GFI plug in the garage tripped and now it won't re-set. Thank God I even noticed it because my freezer was plugged into it. Now, all the outlets in both my bathrooms won't work.

Does anyone know a good, reasonable electrician that does this type of residential work?

Thanks!

Old 04-30-2009, 06:50 PM

444 posts, read 1,100,459 times
Ideal Services 396-5225 has always been good for us.

Please note that we also have a home warranty ... First American Home Buyers Protection Plan ... and they also sent Ideal Services here when we had a problem. If you need any specifics, direct message me. The $60 deductible and having the plan has sure saved us some money. Our realtor was kind enough to pay for our first year of protection.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:55 PM

52 posts, read 258,677 times
Default Check the breaker...

Go to your panel and check the breaker. If there is no power to the gfci, the button will not reset. However, if it resets and immediately trips then there is another problem. If you don't see a breaker tripped, try flipping the breaker marked for that circuit off then back on. Sometimes a breaker may trip internally, but due to age, dirt, etc the handle may not move enough for you to see it has tripped.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvknight View Post
Go to your panel and check the breaker. If there is no power to the gfci, the button will not reset. However, if it resets and immediately trips then there is another problem. If you don't see a breaker tripped, try flipping the breaker marked for that circuit off then back on. Sometimes a breaker may trip internally, but due to age, dirt, etc the handle may not move enough for you to see it has tripped.
We tried flipping the breaker and it didn't help - the GFI still won't re-set.

I tried the number AAA and they were closed for the day. I will try to call them again on Monday. Thanks!

Old 04-30-2009, 08:37 PM

15,756 posts, read 21,183,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epad View Post
We tried flipping the breaker and it didn't help - the GFI still won't re-set.

I tried the number AAA and they were closed for the day. I will try to call them again on Monday. Thanks!
Where are you? For $25 to my favorite charity I will fix it if I don't have to drive all over town.

I used to be an Electrical Engineer...though now I am both older and less bright. So now an RE Agent

Than again it is not a challenging task.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Where are you? For $25 to my favorite charity I will fix it if I don't have to drive all over town.

I used to be an Electrical Engineer...though now I am both older and less bright. So now an RE Agent

Than again it is not a challenging task.
Wow! Thanks! I will definately take you up on that. We live in Green Valley Ranch - if that is convenient for you. I will PM you our telephone number.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:43 AM

9,125 posts, read 23,852,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epad View Post
Wow! Thanks! I will definately take you up on that. We live in Green Valley Ranch - if that is convenient for you. I will PM you our telephone number.
Kinda blows the "if I don't have to drive all over town" part, doesn't it OleCapt??? lol

Old 05-01-2009, 10:06 AM

15,756 posts, read 21,183,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Kinda blows the "if I don't have to drive all over town" part, doesn't it OleCapt??? lol
Gonna go do it. Needed to escape a house cleaning binge and I have parts to return to Frys.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:03 PM

Problem solved! Thanks bunches Olecapt for taking the time to help us out! It was a pleasure meeting you!

Old 05-04-2009, 12:46 AM

11,605 posts, read 20,621,293 times
What was it OC? Some water getting in somewhere?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas