U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-18-2009, 05:24 PM

63 posts, read 31,573 times

Advertisements

Obviously you won't find a better place than Las Vegas Friday and Saturday nights...

But what is there to do during the week for entertainment?

Old 05-18-2009, 05:49 PM

2,404 posts, read 7,445,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisissam View Post
Obviously you won't find a better place than Las Vegas Friday and Saturday nights...

Most of the things that are available to do on the weekend are also available to do during the week...

If you work in the gaming industry, there are industry nights...

The Strip is still active during the week, there's always downtown as well!

Town Square is nice during the week, although it is hot out now...

Shows still go on during the week, restaurants are also still open, I'd say its the same sans some of the same crowds and a few activities...

Old 05-18-2009, 07:02 PM

11,505 posts, read 20,206,819 times
Quote:

Everyday is a weekend day in Las Vegas. As a visitor you'd probably be hard pressed to tell the difference, although people from LA tend to take three day weekends and head for Vegas, so it is busier. Also, a few shows sometimes take a weekday off, and some retail stores close earlier on Sunday night, but it's certainly not as if Las Vegas shuts down for anything. With a million visitors a month, almost 4,000 trade shows and conventions a year, and 2 million permanent residents, it never stops.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:19 PM

Ya you guys are right everything is open. It's kind of empty though. Just got back from shopping at town square and it was empty. Things don't really fill up with people except for the people just walking down the strip taking in the sites.

I guess that kind of bums me out.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:42 PM

12,252 posts, read 16,911,169 times
Others consider it a blessing.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:19 AM

2,502 posts, read 5,860,022 times
Most people who live here work during the week, and just want to go home and take it easy after work.

I don't imagine that the situation is very different anywhere else in the country.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radraja View Post
Most people who live here work during the week, and just want to go home and take it easy after work.

I don't imagine that the situation is very different anywhere else in the country.
Yes I'm sure it's around the same.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:59 PM

Does anyone know a gym I could join?

One with lots of friendly young people that are less than 25?

Old 05-19-2009, 07:36 PM

228 posts, read 368,765 times
Quote:
Does anyone know a gym I could join?

One with lots of friendly young people that are less than 25?

I can only speak for the gym I attend- UNLV Student Recreation and Wellness Center (SRWC).
Very new, very clean, many exercise options (swimming pool, basketball courts, dance studios, cycling room, ...), a healthy cafe, ...
Mostly undergrads, but grad students and faculty frequent it as well, especially early morning. You don't have to be a UNLV student/alumni/faculty to join.
You can find more info through their website (via UNLV's website).

Old 05-19-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthpub View Post
I can only speak for the gym I attend- UNLV Student Recreation and Wellness Center (SRWC).
Very new, very clean, many exercise options (swimming pool, basketball courts, dance studios, cycling room, ...), a healthy cafe, ...
Mostly undergrads, but grad students and faculty frequent it as well, especially early morning. You don't have to be a UNLV student/alumni/faculty to join.
You can find more info through their website (via UNLV's website).

sounds very nice but I was hoping to join a gym where people aren't mainly from UNLV.

any other gyms where a lot of under 25 friendly people (girls) go?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas