Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 12:39 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times

Advertisements

companies that say that they will fix your credit for a fee are full of it.. you can do this yourself.. and if there is something on your report legitimately, you won't get it off, fee or no fee...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 12:41 AM

160 posts, read 715,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sra_jdavis View Post
Hello all, i am going to be moving to Las Vegas the first week of July, i am looking for a place to live. I have a full time job as i am active duty air force, i will be working at Nellis AFB. I have bad credit, so i don't think i will be able to go through a Property Mgt company or even some of the big apt complexes, so if anyone mod cut: direct request removed knows of a good place to start, please let me know. I am 24 and i do not party, i am very clean and respectful i would treat it as it is my own. Thanks for any help. Ok here is a little more information about what i would like. I would like it to be in a nice area that isn't a really bad drive to base, i don't mind driving but i would like to keep my commute to no more then 35 minutes each way. So i assume that would be somewhere in North Las Vegas, or Northwest. I do not want to live real close to the strip. As long as it is in a good neighborhood i will be perfect. I don't want to pay anymore then 1000 pr month. I prefer less than that but if i need to pay that for a good place i will.

Why not live in the nellis housing until you get your credit right?

Old 07-01-2009, 06:50 PM

50 posts, read 146,595 times
Default Newbie with bad credit!!!!

Actually, that credit check is to see if you've ever been evicted or filed bankruptcy. And, in your price range, you may even be able to find a small house. We had an 1800 sq ft home, 4 yrs old at Decatur & Farm for less than $1200 per month and that included landscaping and HOA fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sra_jdavis View Post
Hello all, i am going to be moving to Las Vegas the first week of July, i am looking for a place to live. I have a full time job as i am active duty air force, i will be working at Nellis AFB. I have bad credit, so i don't think i will be able to go through a Property Mgt company or even some of the big apt complexes, so if anyone mod cut: direct request removed knows of a good place to start, please let me know. I am 24 and i do not party, i am very clean and respectful i would treat it as it is my own. Thanks for any help. Ok here is a little more information about what i would like. I would like it to be in a nice area that isn't a really bad drive to base, i don't mind driving but i would like to keep my commute to no more then 35 minutes each way. So i assume that would be somewhere in North Las Vegas, or Northwest. I do not want to live real close to the strip. As long as it is in a good neighborhood i will be perfect. I don't want to pay anymore then 1000 pr month. I prefer less than that but if i need to pay that for a good place i will.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:15 PM

65 posts, read 231,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
companies that say that they will fix your credit for a fee are full of it.. you can do this yourself.. and if there is something on your report legitimately, you won't get it off, fee or no fee...

Not necessarily true...I have had a few "legitimate" things removed - it just takes a bit of perseverance and knowing the steps to take. There is a creditboard forum online that is a HUGE help to anyone wanting to fix their credit. I have learned a TON and my credit is pretty good right now.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:19 PM

171 posts, read 588,175 times
check realtor.com and select rent when you search. There are so many houses for rent right now it is unreal. Lots of decent looking houses for under 1,000 but just do your research on the company that manages them and the neighborhood.

Your housing allowance is going to be almost 1,000 for the LV area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas