U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 08:37 AM

176 posts, read 483,072 times

Advertisements

I'll be moving to LV in July and im going to be flying while my husband drives, I have a cat thats flying with me and wanted to know two things do the airports ask for there shot record and is there a cheap vet that anyone could recommend when I get there? Vet bills can get really high really fast and my cats older so he needs the check ups a bit more often to prevent any of the problems older animals go threw. Thanks for your help!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 09:37 AM

15,370 posts, read 37,480,867 times
I dont think there is such a thing as a cheap vet any longer.....that being said...I can heartily recommend Rainbow Animal Hospital as the BEST in town and I have used a bunch of em.....

Old 06-15-2009, 09:55 AM

1,404 posts, read 3,132,009 times
I'm not familiar with cats and their diseases but I am dogs and in their case, they must have rabbies, parvo and bordetella. An owner must present proof of those innoculations. I hope your cat can be in a carry on and kept with your husband instead of being put in with baggage. As far as inexpensive vet services, I'm finding many Vet's today offer low cost wellness clinics through pet stores and rescue groups. They are usually held one night a week at those facilities and are staffed by vet techs. If the pet is sick or has a problem, nothing can replace the Vet himself and I've found most of them charge competitively.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:13 AM

3,199 posts, read 12,825,574 times
Try Sunrise Vet Clinic at Eastern and Bonanza.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:09 PM

22 posts, read 82,985 times
I use Sunrise and recommend Dr. Henderson and Dr. Masters. They'll take good care of your cat.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:40 PM

Thank you guys!!! jjamason with cats and small dogs you have the option of putting them up with you in the plane. He has flown before but with my husband and he cant remember if they needed the record before hand. He does'nt mind flying he actually loves his carrier lol weird cat I know. He could'nt drive he crys if hes in the car and he crys constintly I dont want to torture my husband lol. Thanks for all your recomendations!!

Old 06-15-2009, 04:54 PM

12,686 posts, read 34,743,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy_bogue View Post
I'll be moving to LV in July and im going to be flying while my husband drives, I have a cat thats flying with me and wanted to know two things do the airports ask for there shot record and is there a cheap vet that anyone could recommend when I get there? Vet bills can get really high really fast and my cats older so he needs the check ups a bit more often to prevent any of the problems older animals go threw. Thanks for your help!!
You will need to ask the airline or airport about the shot record requirements. As to a vet, what part of town will you be living in? Beware of veterinary hospitals that are part of a chain. They sell you "treatments" your animal doesn't need just like repair shops do with your car. Most of the private practice doctors are best and there are plenty of them.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:31 PM

Were going to be in the anthem area Buzz. Thanks for that info I did'nt know that I would have thought that a chain would be cheaper since theres more money coming in deff interesting.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:33 PM

15,756 posts, read 36,349,799 times
Quote:
Thank you guys!!! jjamason with cats and small dogs you have the option of putting them up with you in the plane. He has flown before but with my husband and he cant remember if they needed the record before hand. He does'nt mind flying he actually loves his carrier lol weird cat I know. He could'nt drive he crys if hes in the car and he crys constintly I dont want to torture my husband lol. Thanks for all your recomendations!!
We use Bonanaza Cat Hospital. It is the domain of Linda Steelman who is a cat person carried to the extreme. YOu have to be very careful going it there with one cat...she wants you to leave with two.

Linda is the best around for aged and injured cats. And she still tears up when one has to pass on.

Not a job I would care for.

Located at Buffalo and Lake Mead. at the NW corner of VONs.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:44 PM

12,686 posts, read 34,743,406 times
Quote:
Were going to be in the anthem area Buzz. Thanks for that info I did'nt know that I would have thought that a chain would be cheaper since theres more money coming in deff interesting.
Best vet I know of that is relatively close to Anthem is Dr. Paula Paetz at Pecos - Russell Animal Hosp. It isn't on Pecos or Russell anymore, but it's not far. It's on Patrick Lane just off Pecos. Here's the yellow pages info:

Pecos - Russell Animal Hospital | Las Vegas, NV | DexKnows.com™

I think Dr. Paetz is the best there is, and very caring. You can't please everyone, but it looks like most of her patients parents think she's great too. The doctor that fills in for her is really good too. Only reason we don't go there regularly is we live too far away now.

Pecos-Russell Animal Hospital - Las Vegas, NV
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas