Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 07:48 AM

3 posts, read 10,764 times

Advertisements

To answer the question based on my experiences, Las Vegas is not a good place to live (there are probably some good places but I've never seen it). I've been here for 4 yrs now and owned some properties and most of my tenants, let's say...70% of them, they're very uneducated, they start fights, racists, drunks, and literally ignorants (one actually thinks the world is flat, no kidding) Most of my job is to break apart fights that are usually very stupid and unnecessary. It was very mind boggling for me when I 1st came here, I actually thought that they were kidding. I don't think it has something to do with races, because the minorities in California where my other home is, they're not like the people in Vegas, they are so different. My tenants are different races; Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, and Asians...and they're all weird. I do not want to be one of those people..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 06:05 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,784,470 times
Landlady, I am curious does your screening process not clue you in on how uneducated your tenants are? I do not think they just turn stupid overnight. I am sure being a landlord can be very challenging.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:52 PM

93 posts, read 290,474 times
It can be ghetto, especially the people that call Las Vegas Los Vegas.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:11 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,472,108 times
And what area does Land Lady have properties? That can be a real reason why she has such bad tenants.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:16 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCenteno View Post
It can be ghetto, especially the people that call Las Vegas Los Vegas.
maybe she/he was thinking of LAS Angeles

Old 10-12-2011, 11:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,042 times
ummmmm everywere but summerline is ghetto here ive lived here my whole live peoplethink were not ghetto because we dont have any people famous telling us itis las angelas wasnt ghetto till pac said it was same with new york and biggie and numorus rappers talking about chicago..... the got a ghetto rep because someone famous said it was. las vegas is very dangourus and almost every person here is gang realted if u live here you know what im talking about dont u here a murder or a rape on the news everymorning! vegas is bad and people should seriously stop thinking its okkkk cuz la and new york have nice areas to. so yeah try going to western high or canyon springs or cheyenne high and u might think twice. or even walk down the d strret and j street area and u might think diffrent. all im saying is take a good look at this dump place.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:44 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,568,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by packers2011 View Post
ummmmm everywere but summerline is ghetto here ive lived here my whole live peoplethink were not ghetto because we dont have any people famous telling us itis las angelas wasnt ghetto till pac said it was same with new york and biggie and numorus rappers talking about chicago..... the got a ghetto rep because someone famous said it was. las vegas is very dangourus and almost every person here is gang realted if u live here you know what im talking about dont u here a murder or a rape on the news everymorning! vegas is bad and people should seriously stop thinking its okkkk cuz la and new york have nice areas to. so yeah try going to western high or canyon springs or cheyenne high and u might think twice. or even walk down the d strret and j street area and u might think diffrent. all im saying is take a good look at this dump place.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that you're probably part of the problem you're complaining about here.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:19 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
I love it when whitebread punks try to talk ghetto.....

Old 10-13-2011, 01:10 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by packers2011 View Post
Word!

Old 10-13-2011, 01:13 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
what up dog...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas