Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 04:09 PM

15,370 posts, read 38,982,589 times

Advertisements

I am STILL laughing at the fact that they CLOSED the schools for snow......I did manage to find some white on a rock in the garden [thought it was pidgeonsh^% at first]

I will go on record as saying the "Their is no such thing as "SNOW" in Las Vegas.......REAL snow lasts more then 45 minutes on the ground....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 08:42 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,372,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Puhleeese. Snow is not common in Las Vegas. It is a rare event, and we have never had 8 inches of snow in one day...In 1974 we had enough to stay on the ground for a few days and I actually pulled my baby son around on a sled; the only time I've ever been able to do that. And again in 1979 we had more than usual, but to tell the truth it was so uneventful I barely remember it even though it was such a rare thing. If and when it does snow a little bit it usually melts in minutes, although sometimes you might see snow in pockets of shade that doesn't melt right away. Again...rare.

Here is a sensational story out of the Las Vegas Sun from 1979 when we actually had some snow. For people like me that grew up in the east where we measured snow by the foot, this was a non-event. Snow Smothers Vegas - Las Vegas Sun

That said, you might want to bring both a warm coat and a mild weather coat since, in January, it could be mild or it could be really cold; probably not a lot different from Phoenix.

Now, since you don't like snow, what do you like? Indoors or outdoors? Shows or museums? Quiet evenings or wild and crazy nights? Honestly, you'd probably find more things to do in and around Las Vegas on Google than you'll get from us'ins.
We are both in our early 20's, we like to party and plan on being out til sunrise each day.

We want to see a few shows, maybe Penn & Teller.

Thanks

Old 06-22-2009, 09:04 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,122,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
You will need to check to make sure the show you are interested in is not dark on the date you are interested. You might be able to inquire now (it might be a little early though).

Also, check the show prices Josh - some are cheaper on different show times - some are very expensive.

But, rest assured - there is a lot of choices to be had.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:19 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,226,830 times
Quote:
We are both in our early 20's, we like to party and plan on being out til sunrise each day.

Thanks
Then what was the question? Sounds like you know what you're going to do. There are several meat markets...uh, I mean night club type venues in various hotels, and there are always lounge shows going on all over town all night long. In most all you have to do is find a seat, order a drink, and enjoy the shows. In some lounges you may need to wait to be seated by someone who will expect a tip. Breakfast at dawn is a Las Vegas tradition. In the days of us dinosaurs there were .49 cent and .79 cent breakfasts. My wife won't let me stay out all night now so I don't know what deals there are, but you can bet there are some cheap breakfasts. Steak and eggs is another Las Vegas tradition. Very good for sobering up, especially if your cholesterol is a little low and you need to bring it up a few points.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:07 PM

How's the Cirque De Soli? Looks a little strange but the fiance wants to go.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:17 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,122,938 times
Quote:
How's the Cirque De Soli? Looks a little strange but the fiance wants to go.
ANY of the Cirque shows are great! If you are interested, I would get the digest for each one - read it, and see which one would be of most interest.

IMO, you can't go wrong with a Cirque show

Old 06-23-2009, 01:34 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,226,830 times
All of the Cirque shows are pretty fantastic. You won't believe what they can do on stage. Since it's a honeymoon you'll probably be feeling a little frisky so maybe you'd like the Cirque show Zumanity best. It's the adult themed one...in other words it's sexy. ZUMANITY official website and show tickets

Or, if you like music you'll love LOVE! They really make the Beatles seem new and fresh again. The Beatles LOVE | Cirque du Soleil show at The Mirage, Las Vegas

But, I hear the one I haven't seen yet is the best, 'O'.
Cirque du Soleil - O - Las Vegas

If you want to see a really great feel good show, see the Blue Man Group. http://www.blueman.com/tickets/las_vegas

Old 06-24-2009, 02:16 AM

Thanks for the advice guys, I will probably end up checking out at least 1-2 shows while I am there.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:29 PM

24 posts, read 104,750 times
Go to the cheaper Cirque show. Trust me, if you see one, you have seen them all. They are all pretty much the same, minus the music.
Many even use the same performers that do the same tricks. I would suggest Mystere at T.I

Old 06-24-2009, 09:36 PM

493 posts, read 660,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundman123 View Post
You understand that traditionally the bride’s parents pay for the wedding, so it shouldn’t cost you anything!
Ahhpfft...you've never gotten married have you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas