U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 09-20-2009, 03:35 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas- SW
317 posts, read 574,021 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilogirl65 View Post
Actually I am an external hire. In fact, I am currently employed by MGM's #1 competition. My app status was open and blank up until 2 weeks ago, then it changed to active and I received a call this past wednesday to come in on friday(9/18). This is for a food server position. So they have already started extending job offers to externals, it just seems that the big hiring frenzy will start tomorrow. Good luck!
CONGRATS....thats awesome!! What restuarant did you get an offer from? I currently work at the venetian, Which casino/restuarant do you work at now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-20-2009, 04:31 PM
 
4 posts, read 5,316 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I am sorry I offered some information to you guys/gals that you did not like, but I know the truth. I am making this post to clear one thing up. I have NEVER applied, nor ever wanted to work for city center. Just because someone has negative information doesn't mean it is personal. With that being said, I hope that the economy does miraculously turn around, and city center is a success. I personally just do not see that happening. I know you people have worked hard going through all the hoops to get hired, and the waiting game has got to be stressful, so you have my best wishes to all of you regardless.
I just gotta say please stop coming to this forum then. Why do you keep posting? You just said you never applied for CC. The name of this particular forum is city center Hiring process. If you arent a part of this process and have nothing positive to contribute than please never come back to this forum. EVER. You are such a Negative Nancy. Yes the economy is bad, But name a major casino that has failed on the busiest part of the strip. None! Ever! Do you really think City Center will shut down? In what world can that even be possible? Unless Las Vegas becomes the worst tourist destination in the world. And that will never happen. You have no reason to be in this forum but to tear down everyones hopes and dreams to better themselves. We know what we're gettin into. We know what cards are being dealt. We just want that Royal Flush in the end. Your predictions don't do any of us posters any good. I personally dont mind that you think and say these things. BUt not here! Not in this Forum. Please! We need optimism in our lives right now, Not pesimism. Please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2009, 04:38 PM
 
91 posts, read 130,661 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I am sorry I offered some information to you guys/gals that you did not like, but I know the truth. I am making this post to clear one thing up. I have NEVER applied, nor ever wanted to work for city center. Just because someone has negative information doesn't mean it is personal. With that being said, I hope that the economy does miraculously turn around, and city center is a success. I personally just do not see that happening. I know you people have worked hard going through all the hoops to get hired, and the waiting game has got to be stressful, so you have my best wishes to all of you regardless.
las vegas drunk is a PESSIMIST
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2009, 04:44 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
126 posts, read 153,542 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelUS View Post
I just gotta say please stop coming to this forum then. Why do you keep posting? You just said you never applied for CC. The name of this particular forum is city center Hiring process. If you arent a part of this process and have nothing positive to contribute than please never come back to this forum. EVER. You are such a Negative Nancy. Yes the economy is bad, But name a major casino that has failed on the busiest part of the strip. None! Ever! Do you really think City Center will shut down? In what world can that even be possible? Unless Las Vegas becomes the worst tourist destination in the world. And that will never happen. You have no reason to be in this forum but to tear down everyones hopes and dreams to better themselves. We know what we're gettin into. We know what cards are being dealt. We just want that Royal Flush in the end. Your predictions don't do any of us posters any good. I personally dont mind that you think and say these things. BUt not here! Not in this Forum. Please! We need optimism in our lives right now, Not pesimism. Please.
Well said. I just don't get why people waste their time on a forum that has nothing to do with them or that they feel is such an abomination of horrid proportions. I equate it to sports fans on the opposing team's forum, why waste your energy, honestly? We get it, some people want this project to fail but do that on a thread that has to do with that or make your own and live in your own misery. Don't bother those of us who are hoping for the best for one reason or another. Quit trying to tear down people who have obviously made it farther in the process... In short if you aren't applying at the CC or even WANT to be employed there move along to another thread and leave the rest of us alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2009, 04:52 PM
 
10,485 posts, read 13,489,543 times
Reputation: 6324
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelUS View Post
I just gotta say please stop coming to this forum then. Why do you keep posting? You just said you never applied for CC. The name of this particular forum is city center Hiring process. If you arent a part of this process and have nothing positive to contribute than please never come back to this forum. EVER. You are such a Negative Nancy. Yes the economy is bad, But name a major casino that has failed on the busiest part of the strip. None! Ever! Do you really think City Center will shut down? In what world can that even be possible? Unless Las Vegas becomes the worst tourist destination in the world. And that will never happen. You have no reason to be in this forum but to tear down everyones hopes and dreams to better themselves. We know what we're gettin into. We know what cards are being dealt. We just want that Royal Flush in the end. Your predictions don't do any of us posters any good. I personally dont mind that you think and say these things. BUt not here! Not in this Forum. Please! We need optimism in our lives right now, Not pesimism. Please.
I am sorry, but you are a new member with only 3 posts. When you become a moderator, then you can tell me this. You have no right to tell me what thread in the forum I can or can not post on. However, I have nothing either positive, nor negative to contribute, so I will stay out of the thread for now, but not because you told me to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2009, 04:55 PM
 
10,485 posts, read 13,489,543 times
Reputation: 6324
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie702 View Post
las vegas drunk is a PESSIMIST
You are wrong. There are three groups of people:

Pessimist

realist

optimist

I have taken many quizzes, and I am definitely a realist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2009, 04:55 PM
 
71 posts, read 115,999 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by taishar77 View Post
Well said. I just don't get why people waste their time on a forum that has nothing to do with them or that they feel is such an abomination of horrid proportions. I equate it to sports fans on the opposing team's forum, why waste your energy, honestly? We get it, some people want this project to fail but do that on a thread that has to do with that or make your own and live in your own misery. Don't bother those of us who are hoping for the best for one reason or another. Quit trying to tear down people who have obviously made it farther in the process... In short if you aren't applying at the CC or even WANT to be employed there move along to another thread and leave the rest of us alone.
AMEN!! If you have nothing positive to contribute please don't post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2009, 05:06 PM
 
10,485 posts, read 13,489,543 times
Reputation: 6324
This is just something I just thought up, and a good suggestion. Out of respect to all of you, I will not post anything negative in this thread anymore, but there are still plenty of others that will. The thing is, this is a public forum, so it is to be expected. I suggest opening a private forum where all of you can share your experiences in peace, without having any negativity. You could have Butterfly69 as the moderator. Problem solved...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2009, 05:41 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
126 posts, read 153,542 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
This is just something I just thought up, and a good suggestion. Out of respect to all of you, I will not post anything negative in this thread anymore, but there are still plenty of others that will. The thing is, this is a public forum, so it is to be expected. I suggest opening a private forum where all of you can share your experiences in peace, without having any negativity. You could have Butterfly69 as the moderator. Problem solved...
That has nothing to do with it las vegas drunk. It's the fact people who are posting the crap they are have nothing to do with what the thread is even about, public or private it's just silly and childish. Everyone should be able to share their experience in peace without cyber bullies invading a thread with unrelated, off-topic trash that adds ZERO value to the actual discussion. How about if you want to bash CC go start your very own CC SUCKS thread and leave this thread to those of us who have actually applied? I realize freedom of speech and whatnot but what about common sense? Do you off-topic posters even realize how silly you look posting on a "hiring process" thread? It is to be expected that people who WANT more information post on a thread about... *gasp* CITY CENTER HIRING PROCESS. Imagine that! We're all supportive of one another but one thing that has become abundantly clear is that people who have no business with the TOPIC continually TROLL over here. You said last time was your "last time" and yet here you are, continually posting?!? Take your own advice PLEASE and just move on, goodness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2009, 05:49 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas- SW
317 posts, read 574,021 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by taishar77 View Post
That has nothing to do with it las vegas drunk. It's the fact people who are posting the crap they are have nothing to do with what the thread is even about, public or private it's just silly and childish. Everyone should be able to share their experience in peace without cyber bullies invading a thread with unrelated, off-topic trash that adds ZERO value to the actual discussion. How about if you want to bash CC go start your very own CC SUCKS thread and leave this thread to those of us who have actually applied? I realize freedom of speech and whatnot but what about common sense? Do you off-topic posters even realize how silly you look posting on a "hiring process" thread? It is to be expected that people who WANT more information post on a thread about... *gasp* CITY CENTER HIRING PROCESS. Imagine that! We're all supportive of one another but one thing that has become abundantly clear is that people who have no business with the TOPIC continually TROLL over here. You said last time was your "last time" and yet here you are, continually posting?!? Take your own advice PLEASE and just move on, goodness.

Well said taishar77....don't let that stuff bother u. Your an adult and u r way to positive for that crap. When do u go in to sign for your offer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top