Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2009, 10:48 PM

41 posts, read 72,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spagirly123 View Post
Congratulations to those of you who have been offered a job, whether it is full time, part time, or a different position than you applied to! For those who DO NOT GET CALLED, do you have a plan B"??? Just curious...
Well, I already work on the strip at a spa. So that is my plan B. But I like my plan A better which includes City Center hahahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 10:49 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,442,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiko41 View Post
Hi mom mom thanks for the positive comments......I have a question. U may not know the answer but ill ask anyway. ...lol. I applied for gra. Do u have an idea of when we may start ...I heard that housekeepers may start at least 2 months before becuz the beds will not be made up or anything....so if u know any info about housekeepers can u please share....thank u. Oh btw. I go in to sign offer on Tuesday....
From what I remember, food and beverage and housekeeping get going first.

That's how they always did it, and considering the large occupany numbers I've heard about for opening day, they're going to need the housekeeping staff ready and able from the start.

There are probably housekeeping staff already working at the property, those rooms are decorated and ready to go as each floor of the hotel is completed with construction.

I'm really sorry, but I just don't know how they're going to work GRA's with CC. I would think you'd be starting a bit later, when it's closer to opening day and the rooms become occupied, as opposed to starting right away. That's how I remember it with other properties.

But I'm not 100% sure on that, but don't be disappointed if they say you won't be starting for a while yet.

Much, much good luck on Tuesday! You're in for a wild ride and I hope you get whatever you are wishing for! Good karma to you Tamiko!

Old 09-23-2009, 11:06 PM

36 posts, read 88,982 times
speaking of food server jobs,i had one interview with 2 managers at the same time,for the fish place,and until now never heard from them.i am not sure ,what they mean by open and active..........
'
for example some of you guys did a drug test and so on,but me, they never even contacted me for any thing else.

for some reason,i feel,my interview didn;t go well.cause in the beginning they told me this interview shoud take about 15 minutes,and i wasnt there too long maybe like 8 minutes.

for some reason i feel these managers pretend that everything is ok,and bla bla bla,..........you never know what they have plan for you .

they just like to waste your time and keep your life on hold

Old 09-23-2009, 11:23 PM

110 posts, read 208,659 times
Well Wednesday is done and we are over the hump...

Old 09-23-2009, 11:24 PM

181 posts, read 340,365 times
my interview was less than 10 minutes, he asked me questions, i answered, he nodded and said i will get a second interview, a week later i took the drug and background

Old 09-23-2009, 11:34 PM

188 posts, read 348,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
From what I remember, food and beverage and housekeeping get going first.

That's how they always did it, and considering the large occupany numbers I've heard about for opening day, they're going to need the housekeeping staff ready and able from the start.

There are probably housekeeping staff already working at the property, those rooms are decorated and ready to go as each floor of the hotel is completed with construction.

I'm really sorry, but I just don't know how they're going to work GRA's with CC. I would think you'd be starting a bit later, when it's closer to opening day and the rooms become occupied, as opposed to starting right away. That's how I remember it with other properties.

But I'm not 100% sure on that, but don't be disappointed if they say you won't be starting for a while yet.

Much, much good luck on Tuesday! You're in for a wild ride and I hope you get whatever you are wishing for! Good karma to you Tamiko!
Thank you so much for your encouraging words I really appreciate it.....I hope I start soon......at least sooner than december...but. I will know soon enufffffffff..........any idea on the pay rate ......u think it will be between 14 and 18 or less........?

Old 09-23-2009, 11:48 PM

159 posts, read 286,914 times
Still no call my nerves are shot and I do have a plan b I work at a local chain bar here in town but I want to work at city center soooooo bad I'm done with the local bars I want to move up

Old 09-23-2009, 11:51 PM

115 posts, read 265,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude64 View Post
my interview was less than 10 minutes, he asked me questions, i answered, he nodded and said i will get a second interview, a week later i took the drug and background

Yup, just got a call earlier today. My start date has been pushed back a few days because they are delayed on the "O.K." from the fire department on the building codes. The alarms where going off when my Manager called..lol. Oops.. Life on hold..Sounds about right Dude64...Ugh.. Still same date for my processing though. I plan on receiving a lot of these "delayed" phone calls in the future..lol

Old 09-24-2009, 01:10 AM

317 posts, read 832,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzybrit View Post
Mine is still blank!! Hopefully they mean the same thing-I think its ****ty that they keep everyone hanging on like this.
To be honest don't know what active/blank mean now, cc rep says blank can be a glitch in the computer system, and that active/blank means the same thing. It seems like being blank is a better thing....I don't know, I'm happy it doesn't say inactive.....I guess will find out some day, hopefully soon

Old 09-24-2009, 01:19 AM

36 posts, read 88,982 times
I just feel need to talk to somebody who;s in my situation..........i really don;t understand their procedures.

for example i had a interview with 2 managers at the same time like a month ago,never heard back from them.

what would you do if you were in my situation.

should you wait ,go on and look for another job in a different outlet..............

cause i hear in here,they did a drug test,credit check..................

for some reason i don;t have that big hope on that job,even though it;s say open and active

i was just wondering any one out there,been through the same thing like, me,interviewed you and that;s it.

cause what i see,if they never called me back, for any thing else, i feel.NO hope of whatsoever.

please give me a opinion .and thanak you .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas