Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 06:37 AM

16 posts, read 32,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEWELSINTHECITY View Post
Well I just checked my app and it says closed blank now how sad good luck to everybody it was a long run but its over now
well mine changed also and i got the e-mail this AM, no big deal..thank you for this site take care and adios
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 07:40 AM

59 posts, read 118,237 times
Yup, My mother got her rejection email as well this morning.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:47 AM

Exclamation Reminder

As a reminder, the new hires can use the new thread.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/las-v...new-hires.html

I am very sorry for the ones that did not make it. Keep it up and submit again. You may get in at one of the other hotels that MGM/Mirage owns.

Good Luck and God Bless you All!

Old 12-01-2009, 08:01 AM

44 posts, read 76,071 times
I haven't been on here for awhile but I received this email this morning...

As opening day approaches, hiring decisions are in the final stages. After careful consideration, the hiring team has decided not to extend an offer to you at this time. However, your application may be considered for openings in the near future. Please make sure that your personal contact information is current in the event a hiring manager wishes to contact you by visiting https://www.hrapply.com/mgmmirage/HRLogix.app.

Is this the rejection letter? Or do I still have hope??

I'm not sure if I should delete my app with them or keep it active with them? I checked my status and it's still open/blank...any feed back would be helpful

Old 12-01-2009, 08:18 AM

10 posts, read 20,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbnprincess View Post

As opening day approaches, hiring decisions are in the final stages. After careful consideration, the hiring team has decided not to extend an offer to you at this time. However, your application may be considered for openings in the near future. Please make sure that your personal contact information is current in the event a hiring manager wishes to contact you by visiting https://www.hrapply.com/mgmmirage/HRLogix.app.

I'm not sure if I should delete my app with them or keep it active with them? I checked my status and it's still open/blank...any feed back would be helpful
I just received the same email and my status is open/blank. Today is December 1st so I'm assuming the decisions are finalized today. My opinion is that it is a rejection letter. Good luck in your continued search.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:23 AM

113 posts, read 387,841 times
Quote:
After careful consideration, the hiring team has decided not to extend an offer to you at this time.

It's a rejection letter. Sorry

I would re-apply for a different position on the MGM/Mirage website. They do keep resumes on file for 6 months, so they can still call you for any job you have applied for in that timeframe. Withdrawing your application doesn't purge you from their database. You could still get a call down the road even if you've applied for several different positions.

Good Luck!

Last edited by Soundman123; 12-01-2009 at 08:55 AM..

Old 12-01-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbnprincess View Post

That sounds different than my mothers. Hers sounds more like they are not interested at all. Yours sounds like there is a little hope.

"As opening day approaches, the mass hiring process for CityCenter is coming to a close. More than 170,000 applications were received for 10,000 positions at ARIA, Vdara and facility operations at Crystals. We appreciate your interest in employment with our company. While we are not extending an offer to you at this time, we encourage you to continue to explore career opportunities with MGM MIRAGE by visiting http://www.mgmmiragecareers.com."

Old 12-01-2009, 09:19 AM

28 posts, read 55,864 times
Default ..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by janethrodrigueznv View Post
They call me to change my appt untill Thursday
I have this rejection email that I see some of you guys also receive... but ... they call me yesterday in the moorning to rescheduled my appt from yesterday to thursday at 5.30pm... ....Im kind of in tears rigth now cause I dont know what to think or to do.. I dont know if this email was just sent as a Bulk email.... or I just go on Thursday.... or call Today?? Please comment....

Old 12-01-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janethrodrigueznv View Post
I have this rejection email that I see some of you guys also receive... but ... they call me yesterday in the moorning to rescheduled my appt from yesterday to thursday at 5.30pm... ....Im kind of in tears rigth now cause I dont know what to thing or to do.. I dont know if this email was just sent as a Bulk email.... or I just go on Thursday.... or call Today?? Please comment....
I would call them right away to confirm your doubts and I would also show up for the appointment like you never got an email. If they called you for the job offer, stick with it.

Good Luck!

Old 12-01-2009, 10:21 AM

20 posts, read 40,866 times
Yep, I got the same rejection email and while it was sad, it was at least a relief to the not knowing we've all been going through for the past year...

There was another admin position open that I was interested in. Now my status is Open/Active again for the new position and I have to go through the whole process over *sigh* oh well, maybe this one will work out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas