U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 02-26-2010, 09:21 PM
 
Location: just moved to vegas in march of this year 09
188 posts, read 231,898 times
Reputation: 25
i mean dont get me wrong i'm grateful for the little hours that i do work....but dammmnnnn...nobodieeee i meaan nobodieeee explains anything to us....they just say do ur credits do ur credits do ur credits....omg!!!!! i wish i can say...leave me alone......let me do what i do....geeewhiz!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-26-2010, 09:53 PM
 
Location: Kingman AZ
15,380 posts, read 22,500,812 times
Reputation: 8556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiko41 View Post
I have a big question for all the las vegans who kinda understand the hotel business ...i need someone to explain to me if u can.... housekeeping......why do we have to do credits....what is that about.? why cant we just do as many rooms as we can in a 7 hour period...and whatever we dont do the swing shift can do....that would make more sense to me.....I TRULY DONT UNDERSTAND WHY WE ARE UNDER SO MUCH PRESSURE!!!!! to finish all 13 credits.....who came up with that concept.....? i need to understand this.. the swing shift come in and they dont do shxt from what they tell us.....they just do turn downs whatever that is....i dont think thats fair.....i'm so looking for another job.....can someone pleasepleaseplease help me understand it.....becuz management sucks....big time....
Management is bound by the Contract that your Union negotiated.

I would not begin to understand it.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2010, 10:52 PM
 
29 posts, read 60,309 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly69 View Post
Hey Everyone,

Had two interviews with Bellagio, and just recently got to take the drug test. I wonder what's going to happen next?....So far it seems that Bellagio is more organize, and keeps you more informed than city center did.

Hi, I did my 2 interviews with Bellagio too. I am asked to go get a drug test on Monday. I was wondering if anyone knew if that mean anything? My husband told his friends and they said just because you did all of that doesn't mean the job is yours. Sad..well, I'm keeping my heads up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2010, 06:46 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas- SW
317 posts, read 594,721 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by confetti View Post
Hi, I did my 2 interviews with Bellagio too. I am asked to go get a drug test on Monday. I was wondering if anyone knew if that mean anything? My husband told his friends and they said just because you did all of that doesn't mean the job is yours. Sad..well, I'm keeping my heads up.
Hello Confetti,

Did you apply for cocktail also? Who did you interview with? Tonight I had something weird happen to me, a few friends and I went bowling and some random chick there was talking about that she got a job offer yesterday @ bellagio for the same position, but the funny thing was she stated that she did not or was ask to take a drug test, and that she was just offered the job. I did not argue with her because who knows whats going on with these hotels now, but I always thought before you were offered a job you had to take and pass a drug test.....Well anyways GOOD LUCK to you. During your interview did they mention when they might start calling back for job offers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2010, 10:47 AM
 
29 posts, read 60,309 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly69 View Post
Hello Confetti,

Did you apply for cocktail also? Who did you interview with? Tonight I had something weird happen to me, a few friends and I went bowling and some random chick there was talking about that she got a job offer yesterday @ bellagio for the same position, but the funny thing was she stated that she did not or was ask to take a drug test, and that she was just offered the job. I did not argue with her because who knows whats going on with these hotels now, but I always thought before you were offered a job you had to take and pass a drug test.....Well anyways GOOD LUCK to you. During your interview did they mention when they might start calling back for job offers?

Oh no I didn't apply for a cocktail waitress. I applied for a position in the salon. I wonder if it is the same process as other positions since Bellagio owns this salon. It's weird that she was offered a position without taking a drug test. From my interviews I was told that if I pass my first interview, then pass my audition, then pass a background and drug test than I would be considered for the position. Well, to be honest I thought I did horrible at the audition. I was so nervous, I messed up a lot. After my audition Bellagio did call and told me if all my information was up to date, then yesterday they told me to get a drug test. I'm not sure what's going on. Does it mean I passed the audition or is it just standard to do all of this? Well, it was a great experience because I've never went to a interview for such a big hotel so I actually learn a lot and had tons of fun at the audition even though I messed up. The people at the salon are amazing, so nice and professional. They are a great bunch of people. It would be very nice to work with them.

Well, good luck to you too. Is your position full time? I read all your post on here and you seem like you have a great personality. I really hope they hire you because a great personality can't be taught!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2010, 12:31 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas- SW
317 posts, read 594,721 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by confetti View Post
Oh no I didn't apply for a cocktail waitress. I applied for a position in the salon. I wonder if it is the same process as other positions since Bellagio owns this salon. It's weird that she was offered a position without taking a drug test. From my interviews I was told that if I pass my first interview, then pass my audition, then pass a background and drug test than I would be considered for the position. Well, to be honest I thought I did horrible at the audition. I was so nervous, I messed up a lot. After my audition Bellagio did call and told me if all my information was up to date, then yesterday they told me to get a drug test. I'm not sure what's going on. Does it mean I passed the audition or is it just standard to do all of this? Well, it was a great experience because I've never went to a interview for such a big hotel so I actually learn a lot and had tons of fun at the audition even though I messed up. The people at the salon are amazing, so nice and professional. They are a great bunch of people. It would be very nice to work with them.

Well, good luck to you too. Is your position full time? I read all your post on here and you seem like you have a great personality. I really hope they hire you because a great personality can't be taught!
Thank you Confetti that is so sweet, and GOOD LUCK to you as well. In my opionion I'm been trying to figure out since the whole thing with City Center, why do MGM or other properties even invest in someone taking the drug test, if their not seriously interested in hire you....Is'nt that a waste of money on their behalf? Granted some people do fail. I guest we'll see right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2010, 04:00 PM
 
61 posts, read 79,760 times
Reputation: 78
They are interested in hiring you if you take a drug test, probably 80-90% who had one (passed) did get the job. This happens when every new casino opens from Wynn to Venetian to City Center. It even happened to me years ago. My guess is both of you will get hired at Bellagio. A few things could hold you back, background check and whether HR puts a freeze on hiring. The process is slow so hang in there.
Good Luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2010, 02:46 AM
 
203 posts, read 340,634 times
Reputation: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
All the casinos pretty much suck working for them. You just have to learn to keep your head down when the bullets are flying.




i worked for the bellagio for 2 years and i can confirm that MGM mirage treats their employees very badly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2010, 10:40 AM
 
1,639 posts, read 2,135,471 times
Reputation: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFILESMULDER View Post
i worked for the bellagio for 2 years and i can confirm that MGM mirage treats their employees very badly.
I worked for MGM, Harrahs,Coast,Boyd all for a decent lenght of time and I can confirm that they all suck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2010, 07:08 PM
 
89 posts, read 142,224 times
Reputation: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by melrobdd View Post
They are interested in hiring you if you take a drug test, probably 80-90% who had one (passed) did get the job. The process is slow so hang in there.
Good Luck.
The process is slow at these MGM properties! After 3 interviews and a drug test I finally got a call from someone in that department who told me I was going to get hired and she would call me in a couple of days to set up the job offer/orientation. That was 9 days ago. The whole process has taken about 6 weeks so far.

At each stage of the process I start to lose hope, then I am surprised when they call me. So, right now I'm starting to get worried again, even after being told I was hired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top