Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2009, 12:36 PM

317 posts, read 833,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim carter View Post
Good article in lvj about cc. Says aria is opening on dec. 16th. Says they have strong bookings for the hotel already. Talks about the rest of the properties and their opening dates and so on.
Jim carter,
How are you? Just wondering have you heard anything from city center? You did take the drug test right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 12:43 PM

113 posts, read 239,422 times
Hi butterfly 69. Haven't taken the drug test yet, still waiting to hear back for that step. Hoping it should be soon. How's everything going with your process? Well i hope.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:37 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,968,017 times
Hi everyone. I've been reading this thread off and on for the past month or two and I also want to wish everyone the best of luck!
I applied for the valet position at Aria. Anyone else applied for the same position?

Old 08-09-2009, 12:10 PM

317 posts, read 833,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
Hi everyone. I've been reading this thread off and on for the past month or two and I also want to wish everyone the best of luck!
I applied for the valet position at Aria. Anyone else applied for the same position?
WanderingImport,
Welcome to our delimma/thread....wishing you the best of luck as well

Old 08-11-2009, 06:08 AM

19 posts, read 38,736 times
I just checked CC's job page. It looks like they took down a bunch of job listings from both Aria and Vdara.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:18 AM

75 posts, read 95,107 times
This is a big farce. I will never go there. It will be a bunch of underpaid losers getting in the way. Way too corporate. It appears that some of you have spent most of 2009 waitting on a City-Center job that may or may not happen. Bottom line: It's another tourist' trap in an already overcrowded venue. Do you think they are hiring the brightest and Best? Hahahaha. They are giving people sheep tests. Tests to make sure they are followers and not leaders. I bet they aren't hiring tall people, either.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:37 PM

126 posts, read 242,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
I just checked CC's job page. It looks like they took down a bunch of job listings from both Aria and Vdara.

I noticed that also Kojiro. The job I applied for was gone a few days after I went to my dept interview so I am not sure if that was a good sign or not. Just to relate on the 2nd department interview, I am not sure how it has been for other people but I was never told I'd have a 2nd interview because the first one was done with the actual department head in which I was applying for at the Aria. Not sure if that changes how that process went but after I interviewed with him the next day I had my drug test. I did notice the job I still have active moved up to the top of my list which scared the crap out of me since the bottom one that I was used to looking at for status was suddenly inactive (but it was my other application for a previous position).

To the people who post on this thread with nothing to add, why are you bothering to take the time out of your day to post somewhere "that you'd never go to". It's like going to an opposing basketball team's message board just to show your presence but you have nothing of value to add to it.. Just think about that before you waste your time and the rest of ours

Last edited by taishar77; 08-11-2009 at 01:46 PM..

Old 08-11-2009, 02:06 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hechoenchina View Post
This is a big farce. I will never go there. It will be a bunch of underpaid losers getting in the way. Way too corporate. It appears that some of you have spent most of 2009 waitting on a City-Center job that may or may not happen. Bottom line: It's another tourist' trap in an already overcrowded venue. Do you think they are hiring the brightest and Best? Hahahaha. They are giving people sheep tests. Tests to make sure they are followers and not leaders. I bet they aren't hiring tall people, either.
never thought i would say this but i agree with you Hecho on this one.... waiting for a job for months that is going to pay you at a lower end of the scale and then laid off after 90 days... nahh not for me...

but on the high side, i do want to see whats going on with cc because when one switches from another mgm property, ill take that job thank you

Old 08-11-2009, 03:08 PM

29 posts, read 57,647 times
Hello Good People, I believe everyone who has been interviewed and is still active or blank in the status field should be getting a job offer pending a neg. drug test. CC removed most of the posted jobs so it looks like they picked their starting team. Keep the faith and chill until you recieve your job offer.GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-11-2009, 04:11 PM

47 posts, read 122,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly69 View Post
Jim carter,
How are you? Just wondering have you heard anything from city center? You did take the drug test right?
Hey Butterfly email me @ snazzybrit@hotmail.com-I have a few questions. I went in for my 2nd interview today. Not sure how I feel about how it went....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas