Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2009, 02:29 AM

126 posts, read 242,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim carter View Post
Butterfly 69. I agree with you, when you applied for cc you knew what the timeline was. You knew it was going to be a lenghty process. As to them being able to fire you at anytime, aren't most jobs like that? I have been a member of the union before. It has it's pros and cons like anything.

Exactly it, why do people keep posting here say blah blah strung along blah blah forever blah blah. You get a darn postcard with the timeline on if, if you can't handle it don't apply it's that simple. You are correct any job can fire you for *anything*, in fact I work at one of those (it's union), one absence and you have a warning of dismissal (even past 90 days)... The reality is many companies are difficult to work for, for one reason or another and some have policies that just don't fit everyone..

The repeated generalizations just get childish (how many people have stated they have a job already?). The wage statements without any sort of qualified evidence just seems like a scare tactic... No one put a gun to anyone's head to apply at cc so if you don't like it simply cancel your application online and move on... Why sit and dwell on how much of a scab company (in your opinion) it is whilst you have an app in, that makes no sense to me (money or no money).

Last edited by taishar77; 08-17-2009 at 02:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 09:39 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,989,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly69 View Post
Hello airics and jfkIII,

By the way did either of you applied for city center?
yes and still active.(the second time around).. however i don't come on this board and state "oh i hope this and hope that" (not pointing out to anyone in particular).. Im still looking at treating CC as "if i get it, great.. if not, who cares"

Old 08-17-2009, 09:42 AM

202 posts, read 583,346 times
Here is what I don't understand. My friend's app still says active and open but they have yet to do a department interview and the job is no longer listed. I have yet to see anyone on this board who has applied for the same type of position so we are a little lost. Any opinions out there? He is planning a trip to LV to interview for another position but would really like to work at City Center, should he call them and tell them he is coming out?

Old 08-17-2009, 09:44 AM

maybe the job has been filled but it still says active because you will still be considered if the original applicant doesn't take the job

Old 08-17-2009, 09:46 AM

Air no idea, I can't imagine all the jobs at CC are filled at this point but maybe you are right. He is still keeping his fingers crossed.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:10 AM

113 posts, read 239,443 times
Scorpio 78. How are you? Haven't seen you post in a while. Was wondering if anything new with your process.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:06 PM

317 posts, read 833,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
yes and still active.(the second time around).. however i don't come on this board and state "oh i hope this and hope that" (not pointing out to anyone in particular).. Im still looking at treating CC as "if i get it, great.. if not, who cares"
Exactly my point......This was just started to see were people was at in the hiring process, and what they have to go thru. As u see everyone is going thru different situations. Oh I see you reapplied for another position

Old 08-17-2009, 06:41 PM

my original position that i applied for was store manager.. at the time, i did not know that there were only 7 stores. that was disclosed to me at the 2nd interview... i was also told that there were 2000+ applicants for the same position.... however today i went to the job fair at the texas station (mgm mirage was present).. they told me to hold off on the jobs at aria, they have been filled.. also told me what is going to happen in nov. december when it opens... a lot of people (and he emphasized alot) are moving over from other mirage properties to ccenter.. when then happens in nov and december, apply for the other properties since those jobs will be open.. when ccenter downsizes the employees those people will have a difficult time getting back into mirage positions....Just my two cents, but i know he's right..

Old 08-18-2009, 03:39 AM

66 posts, read 125,741 times
For those of you out of state applicants applying for CityCenter Las Vegas,
Did CC call you,verifying your zip code for the drug test to be taken??
Have you gotten information already on the drug test to be take??
How did they tell the drug test information??
By mail,email or by phone??

I got a call from CC,verifying my zip code for the drug test already but not have gotten the information yet for the drug testing.

I was told during my department interview that my drug test would be taken in my area since i am an out of state applicant. Makes sense and fine by me. They would google the clinic,i take drug test and the results would get sent to CC LV.

Here's my timeline:
Applied in Jan
Phone Interview in Feb.
Departmente Interview in June.
Call from CC,verifying zip code,back in Aug.

So again here's my question for you out of state applicants applying for CC LV,
Did CC call you,verifying your zip code,for their drug test to be taken??
Have you gotten the drug test information already??
How did they tell you about the drug test information?? By mail,email or by phone.

I talked to 2 CC reps with 2 different answers. One rep. said they would mail the drug test information and another rep. said they would call me for the drug test information.

So confused.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
my original position that i applied for was store manager.. at the time, i did not know that there were only 7 stores. that was disclosed to me at the 2nd interview... i was also told that there were 2000+ applicants for the same position.... however today i went to the job fair at the texas station (mgm mirage was present).. they told me to hold off on the jobs at aria, they have been filled.. also told me what is going to happen in nov. december when it opens... a lot of people (and he emphasized alot) are moving over from other mirage properties to ccenter.. when then happens in nov and december, apply for the other properties since those jobs will be open.. when ccenter downsizes the employees those people will have a difficult time getting back into mirage positions....Just my two cents, but i know he's right..

So have they filled all their positions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas