Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2009, 04:17 PM

113 posts, read 239,151 times

Advertisements

Need an opinion. Had my department interview in march. Was told by manager i would get an e-mail in a week or longer, and to be patient. Never got the e-mail. My status still says open and active, but has not changed since march. According to posts on here if your app is still open and active at this point, you should be good. Yet i keep reading about people's status going blank and back to active. Have not talked to anyone except cc reps to check on updates since march. Still hoping to get e-mail or call for second interview or drug test. Understand there's still at least a month to offers are made.

Last edited by jim carter; 08-27-2009 at 04:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 06:51 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,704,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim carter View Post
Need an opinion. Had my department interview in march. Was told by manager i would get an e-mail in a week or longer, and to be patient. Never got the e-mail. My status still says open and active, but has not changed since march. According to posts on here if your app is still open and active at this point, you should be good. Yet i keep reading about people's status going blank and back to active. Have not talked to anyone except cc reps to check on updates since march. Still hoping to get e-mail or call for second interview or drug test. Understand there's still at least a month to offers are made.

My status still shows open and active and I have not even had a single interview. I was invited to a dept interview and the dept manager failed to even show up. I was told by the CC reps that the interview was to be scheduled for next week and that’s been over a month ago. When I call CC I get the same song and dance congrats you’re a finalist if your status is still open. When I explain that I have not even been interviewed, I get the be patient response we will get to you or your status shows up as a finalist. They are clueless and I don’t have any hope at this point.
Their timeline is also incorrect. I personally know two people that have already signed job agreement paperwork, NDA and gaming license transfers at the beginning of August that these people are not internal transfers

Old 08-27-2009, 06:57 PM

113 posts, read 239,151 times
Mojavedxer. Just got off the phone with a cc rep. Basically told her what my post says. She told me it was a good thing if your app is still active. She said if it was blank, they are no longer interested in you. Said mostly now it's just a matter of them doing checks and so on. Although i don't know what to tell you, you haven't even had an interview? That's very strange.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:56 PM

181 posts, read 340,376 times
Quote:
Mojavedxer. Just got off the phone with a cc rep. Basically told her what my post says. She told me it was a good thing if your app is still active. She said if it was blank, they are no longer interested in you. Said mostly now it's just a matter of them doing checks and so on. Although i don't know what to tell you, you haven't even had an interview? That's very strange.
Not true! my account application status is blank and they said its nothing to worry about, it is still active, she said if i went for my drug test i am as good as hired.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:37 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,704,054 times
Quote:
I must have dazzled them with my resume then to make it this far.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:39 PM

77 posts, read 163,991 times
Default blank

actually for internal applicants it ONLY shows that job status is open. if i login as an external it shows job status is open and application status is blank.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:48 PM

2 posts, read 3,763 times
Hey...applied on line for room attendent and within a week called in for my hair drug test...when going thru lobby...employees/female said congradulations to me...I smiled and went in and she took a good size piece of hair this was toward end of July...Haven't heard from them since...

Old 08-27-2009, 10:19 PM

57 posts, read 152,227 times
Quote:
Hi Jim,

If your status is blank then that means you still have a good chance of getting hired. From what I've heard, they are starting to call/email people they're really interested in hiring. But from September to end of October, they will start denying applications. This is what I have been told by CC reps. There's just way too many applicants for City Center to personally update at once but they are starting from the most favorable to the least. Goodluck! Hope you get in there!

Old 08-27-2009, 10:35 PM

101 posts, read 196,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly69 View Post
Hey daisyluver,
Did they give you a reason to why your status went from active back to blank again. Because your status was like mine it was BLANK, then after that nerve recking 2nd department interview it went back to ACTIVE right? Now yours is back to being blank.......
Yep, that's right. When I called they said as long as it doesn't say inactive that it's a good sign. She did also say that the job offers and rejection letters will go out at the same time, so no news is good news. I just want to know something!

Old 08-27-2009, 10:35 PM

47 posts, read 103,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyray View Post
I hope you get the position. I think it's harder for out of state applicants because there are so many local applicants that have worked on the strip for years.
With unemployment in Vegas being so high, companies can cherry-pick and easily find people that come from all over the world but that also have worked in Vegas for years.
It also helps that when you're local you may have connections. I am always surprised at how many people get hired by major properties even though they don't have experience but because they know someone who can get them the job.
Anyway, good luck.
I don't have any connections or: (juice) in Las Vegas and I am a clean
person who is sincere. I only applied for two (2) jobs in Las Vegas:
one with the Wynn resort/Encore and the other at Aria resort. I have
made them both to the finalist stage. Perhaps, because I have a good
and positive interview technique and and an above average Resume'.
Or, maybe people see that I have empathy and compassion and it is
not all about money/selfishness, so they see me as "different" in this
line of business and work ethic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas