Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2009, 03:30 PM

113 posts, read 356,978 times

Advertisements

The backyard in our new home is moonscape. I've had several landscapers come out...measure...tell me what great ideas they have....then nothing. You call them back, they don't answer. One fairly large landscaping business I called back said "Oh, we have someone who just works up the bids....I'll let them know you are looking for yours." Then, nothing of course, no call back. I'm getting pretty irritable about the whole thing. I've looked into Star Nursery and they say their contracters are very dependable. I would prefer someone who can help me with a unique tropical design that could accommodate a pool in the future who is willing to do the work in phases. I really don't have $20k to shell out right now and want to do it it $3-5k bits. Does anyone have any experiences with good,licensed, dependable landscapers? Anyone have any dealings with One Time Cuts or Green Planet Landscaping? They were next on my list to call. I would think with the economy these landscapers wouldn't flake out like this.

D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 04:40 PM

1,009 posts, read 4,025,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deefromlv View Post
tropical design that could accommodate a pool
If you are referring to a shallow garden pool/falls/watercourse (not a swimming pool) . . have you considered just doing the work yourself? Very early morning work sessions (or wait for cooler fall/spring temperatures) . . make a big job into a lot of smaller tasks at your own pace and as budget allows.

Software resource . . download.com

Old 06-24-2009, 07:01 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,326,550 times
Quote:
The backyard in our new home is moonscape. I've had several landscapers come out...measure...tell me what great ideas they have....then nothing. You call them back, they don't answer. One fairly large landscaping business I called back said "Oh, we have someone who just works up the bids....I'll let them know you are looking for yours." Then, nothing of course, no call back. I'm getting pretty irritable about the whole thing. I've looked into Star Nursery and they say their contracters are very dependable. I would prefer someone who can help me with a unique tropical design that could accommodate a pool in the future who is willing to do the work in phases. I really don't have $20k to shell out right now and want to do it it $3-5k bits. Does anyone have any experiences with good,licensed, dependable landscapers? Anyone have any dealings with One Time Cuts or Green Planet Landscaping? They were next on my list to call. I would think with the economy these landscapers wouldn't flake out like this.

D
I used McIntosh Design and Landscaping for my backyard and just used them again for my side yard. Both of the jobs were in the $5-6K bit range and they did a great job. The gentleman I dealt with is named Greg, PM me if you need any other info.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:43 PM

3 posts, read 20,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
I used McIntosh Design and Landscaping for my backyard and just used them again for my side yard. Both of the jobs were in the $5-6K bit range and they did a great job. The gentleman I dealt with is named Greg, PM me if you need any other info.
That is cheap. Where do you live? So far, our backyard only has 3 queen palms, drip irrigation, a side gate and retaining wall and already cost me $2,500. I still do not have a patio and the yard is barren. I stopped the work because it is costing me an arm and a leg.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:07 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,821,460 times
Quote:
Anyone have any dealings with One Time Cuts or Green Planet Landscaping? They were next on my list to call. I would think with the economy these landscapers wouldn't flake out like this.
I have experience with One Time Cuts. I needed to do a couple of yard cleanups on a property I own (long story). They did good work for a very fair price and I was happy with the results. I don't have any experience with them doing a large landscaping project though. Ryan (owner) is a good guy, I will be eternally grateful for him for negotiating with a difficult tenant (ex-wife, aka "Pit Bull") who was trying to prevent him from doing a cleanup after I received a citation from the city (I was living 500 miles away in Northern California at the time, she told inspector to send me citation since she couldn't afford to maintain yard, even though she was living in the house for free and I was even sending money every month for a landscaper and pool guy).

His business seems to have grown a lot since I first used them (last October). It may be a week or more before they can schedule you in.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:16 AM

113 posts, read 356,978 times
Thanks for all the replies. I've been working like a fiend lately and haven't gotten around to contacting any more landscapers but I'll get to it soon. Haven't gotten a nastygram from the HOA yet about the unscaped yard but I'm sure I will soon. Only had 6 months to get it done and we're over that limit right now.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:39 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,860,829 times
$2500 is cheap for a retaining wall, gate, queen palms and irrigation....the wall itself was probably 1500
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas