Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2009, 12:20 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,148,226 times

Advertisements

I was watching the news tonight. The fire captain of North Las Vegas has been arrested for burning his own car. The sad thing is, this guy makes $95,000 a year and he basically threw his whole life down the toilet now. What was he thinking???

Fire Chief says he's "deeply concerned" after firefighter is accused of arson - KTNV ABC,Channel 13,Las Vegas,Nevada,News,Weather,Sports,Entertainment,KTN V.com,Action News .:. (http://www.ktnv.com/global/story.asp?s=10633430 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 12:37 AM

4,536 posts, read 10,591,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I was watching the news tonight. The fire captain of North Las Vegas has been arrested for burning his own car. The sad thing is, this guy makes $95,000 a year and he basically threw his whole life down the toilet now. What was he thinking???

Fire Chief says he's "deeply concerned" after firefighter is accused of arson - KTNV ABC,Channel 13,Las Vegas,Nevada,News,Weather,Sports,Entertainment,KTN V.com,Action News .:. (http://www.ktnv.com/global/story.asp?s=10633430 - broken link)

People living over their heads. Almost kills me the extent to which people shoot themselves in the foot. A family of 4 could live a very middle class life in Vegas on $95K a year. Kids to public schools. Car purchases under $25K and staggered and held onto for at least 6 years/120,000 miles, television and computer purchases that do not exceed $1200 or so, home under $200K, etc.

Vacations twice a year.....once to one of the national parks either full on camping or renting a pop up tent(or buy a used one)...Yosemite, Sequoia, California beaches, Bryce/Zion, Grand Canyon, South Colorado/NM, Dinosaur/Rocky Mountain Ntl Park, Yellowstone.....thats a lot of years of 1-2 week vacations on marginal budgets all within one day drive except Yellowstone. Once a year somewhere a bit nicer.

Sheesh this stuff is not that difficult. Of course I'm sure someone will argue that it is....like how they are not gonna send their kid to get killed in a public school or something else equally retarded.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:29 AM

1,558 posts, read 4,768,710 times
What was he thinking is a good question. Did he have a gambling problem, or maybe a second "wife" on the side?

Old 07-02-2009, 03:14 PM

176 posts, read 508,762 times
I agree johnG!! Even if you want kids in a private school if you rearrange your finances you can afford it. This right here is the exact reason why our economy is so bad because people want to live like there millionairs instead of living within there means. They want that huge house that they dont need, that fancy car, the best schools for there kids. You have to keep up with the jonses and this is exactly where it gets you.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:31 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,902,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy_bogue View Post
They want that huge house that they dont need, that fancy car, the best schools for there kids. You have to keep up with the jonses and this is exactly where it gets you.
I agree. Want, want, want. More, more more. People need to be happy with what they got. Be thankful for the indoor plumbing that you have; the air conditioner on a hot day; if you have someone that loves you, be happy for the time you have with them. Not everyone has those things. People seem to take so many things for granted.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:14 AM

515 posts, read 1,177,564 times
Nothing wrong with wanting more than you've got. The desire to improve one's lot in life has been at the core of American values since the revolution (c.f. "the pursuit of happiness"). The problem is relying on short-cuts to get you there.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:20 AM

3,199 posts, read 13,355,445 times
Insurance fraud has become even more prevalent in the recent year or two with the bubbles bursting and economic woes.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:22 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,148,226 times
I will tell you what, if I made $95,000 a year, I would would be downright rich with no money problems whatsoever. Especially, being a single guy with no wife or kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas