Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 11:51 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,472,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by landlady13 View Post
I was a landlady in north las vegas and one person actually said this to me : wow, I've never seen an oriental person before..." Are we that rare here?
Based on my experiences, there are actually many tenants that told me straight forward that they do not want to live beside people with certain races..like it's something normal to say. I bet there are some nice areas here in Vegas but I guess I've been living in a dump.
Yes, you must be. You need to move away from the totally ignorant that inhabit the place where you currently reside.

We have a large population of Koreans, Chinese, Japanese, and Vietnamese folks who have moved here. We also have our own China Town.

I don't know where you live, but I've never come across people who have said a comment like that. There are so many people of different races and religions living in Las Vegas, throughout the valley, and pretty much because of our huge population growth and all, I'm thinking that most people don't care where you're from or what you look like. The Las Vegas valley is such a melting pot and pretty much what I've experienced from living here so long and meeting so many people, is that everyone is welcome!

And I love it! The wonderful Asian folk have brought us good food, wonderful customs and traditions, wonderful restaurants and Asian products us old time Las Vegans never had back in the day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 06:52 PM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times
My wife is Asian ethnicity...she lived in Vegas for 7 years or so...she has always had nothing but very positive things to say about living there.

So much so, that once I got to know Vegas myself, it charmed me as well. I use to think of it just being the Strip, and not much else. Now I realize it offers quite a bit more.

Regarding Asian things, it is everywhere in Vegas. Every kind of restaurant you can imagine - Vietnamese, Filipino, Korean, Chinese, etc.

At one Korean restaurant, I ran into one of my previous English students I use to teach back in Korea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas