Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 09:51 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,149,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyjimb View Post
The way its going, unemployment will continue to climb to 17%-20%. Crime WILL go through the roof. Every other home will be forclosed. The final straw, Nevada will #1 with the highest unemployment in the United States of America.

The good news; there are none for Nevada.
I do not know where you are getting this from? The most worst off state in the west is California. They will collapse before Nevada would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 11:55 AM

2,990 posts, read 8,689,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I do not know where you are getting this from? The most worst off state in the west is California. They will collapse before Nevada would.
Some parts of Nevada is actually pretty low because of the mining communities such as Lander county. Some parts of CA is very high, like the imperial valley 25%, Merced County 21%. Even Silicon Valley is at 12% with a very educated and skilled workforce. Las Vegas will continue to have a problem and it will get higher, but it is not unique to other parts of the country. All the Vegas bashers will continue to bash and all the Vegas cheerleaders will continue to be optimistic. In the end, we are all in the same boat because it will affect everyone by some form or another.

Old 08-23-2009, 12:56 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,898,625 times
Quote:
The way its going, unemployment will continue to climb to 17%-20%. Crime WILL go through the roof. Every other home will be forclosed. The final straw, Nevada will #1 with the highest unemployment in the United States of America.

guess that 80k job in san francisco never panned out.. since you have never left this forum or posted in another forum...

Old 08-23-2009, 11:58 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,963,462 times
Quote:

Do us all a favor, troll, go do some research and go get educated on the subject.

You sound like you have no idea what you are talking about. I studied this for over 3 1/2 years in college and you think i'm going to believe you for a sec. I bought my house almost cash, and I don't think i'm going to ever be foreclosed.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:59 AM

139 posts, read 457,440 times
Unemployed service workers who voted for Obama must be happy

Old 08-24-2009, 04:43 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,217,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFILESMULDER View Post
Wow 13.1 percent and the Vegas cheerleaders say i couldn't get worse. ha ha ha i love it .ooh pink not all States are in a recession either Nevada is just one of the leaders in that unfortunately . cheer up you guys got a harry Reid .
The way some of you post on here, you think LV is the only place in the nation suffering from unemployment. Not so. Try Detroit. That's much more fun.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:51 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,217,477 times
For those of us who actually like living in LV, yes, we will be the little cheerleaders for our town. You may or may not do the same where you live, I really don't care. But one thing I won't do is argue back and forth over this when I could be doing more interesting things, like playing online games.
So have fun without me. I have better things to do.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:17 AM

367 posts, read 814,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
The way some of you post on here, you think LV is the only place in the nation suffering from unemployment. Not so. Try Detroit. That's much more fun.
My sister lives in Livonia... it's bad up there, really, really bad.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:53 AM

255 posts, read 555,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
Oh, but buying real estate in Vegas as a +cash flow earning investment is an outstanding idea
very funny and very true dat. However, if you're charging $900-$1100 a month for a 3 bedroom, that's pretty darn cheap. Unemployment compensation almost can cover rental expenses with money left over. Nonetheless, very dicey as an investment overall.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:09 PM

106 posts, read 222,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
guess that 80k job in san francisco never panned out.. since you have never left this forum or posted in another forum...

Where did u get that from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas