Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2009, 09:39 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,411,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
Screw the finger waggers. Do what's right for you. This is America; everyone for themselves.
If the majority feel as you do that helps to explain why we are such a divided nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 11:09 PM

623 posts, read 1,817,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
If the majority feel as you do that helps to explain why we are such a divided nation.

Agreed!! The poster took it upon his/herself to buy the house. If there was some credit issues (or whatever) then the bank is partially at fault as well, and to a degree deserves this but what kind of a grown up are you just to walk away from your obligations without even trying to work it out. Are you truly that weak of a human being??? What if your insurance provider decided not to pay for your surgery because they felt it might not be worth it?? What if your spouse walked away from you because they thought perhaps you weren't living up to their ideals(which from you first post is a possibility you are not). Man up, grow a pair and deal with the obligation that YOU brought on for yourself

Old 09-05-2009, 11:56 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,989,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrice View Post
Agreed!! The poster took it upon his/herself to buy the house. If there was some credit issues (or whatever) then the bank is partially at fault as well, and to a degree deserves this but what kind of a grown up are you just to walk away from your obligations without even trying to work it out. Are you truly that weak of a human being??? What if your insurance provider decided not to pay for your surgery because they felt it might not be worth it?? What if your spouse walked away from you because they thought perhaps you weren't living up to their ideals(which from you first post is a possibility you are not). Man up, grow a pair and deal with the obligation that YOU brought on for yourself
clap clap clap clap... right on!

Old 09-05-2009, 03:01 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,462,880 times
There was a great article this morning on the CNBC website that told of a story for someone trying to get a loan modification from Wells Fargo. After this woman contacted the bank three times, a judge in Phoenix made a Wells Fargo executive take the stand. Come to find out, this woman was denied loan modification in MARCH!!! She was just never told. Always told to re-send documentation, etc... The story also says the women is on food stamps and makes 250 a week in unemployment. Oh an yes, she refinanced numberous times to pay off debt, etc... ** So she has always lived above her means ** YES!!! You darn right she was denied. Here is my problem. Why do the banks not answer people immediately? Wells Fargo is a prime example of the Bail Out BS. They would NOT even be in business because of terrible lending practices trying to make stock holders happy. Screw the people that pay their bills and made Wells Fargo a house hold name. Now it is all about increasing share prices and making money.
While I don't condone anyone just walking away (there have been many discussions in here) it is ulimately up to them. Would you spend the rest of your life paying a bill that at the end would give you nothing in return? That is reality right now for many folks. If they leave now, rent somewhere, save money, they may be able to live well in their Golden years. If you're 40, and just lost over 150K in equity on your home, would you pay for 30 more years to sell your house to make ZERO? I don't know if I could walk, I really don't know. Just food for thought.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:54 PM

515 posts, read 1,180,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrice View Post
What if your insurance provider decided not to pay for your surgery because they felt it might not be worth it?? What if your spouse walked away from you because they thought perhaps you weren't living up to their ideals
I don't think those are very good examples to support your point. They happen all the time and while people complain about it, that's life in the USA.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:10 PM

762 posts, read 1,562,049 times
I think a long time ago they had a limit on how many people could live in a sf home. Now they do not enforce it. Why don't you put an ad in the paper and get 6 families to live with you each paying a small amount? What is to stop someone from doing that?
I see it everywhere

Old 09-05-2009, 10:49 PM

110 posts, read 235,299 times
Solution > Start reading the Bible n` learn about how to treat your fellow citizen!

Old 09-06-2009, 12:38 AM

25 posts, read 92,052 times
To the OP: I'm sorry to hear what's happening to you and your family. May I ask are you looking for jobs outside of your field and not just concrete finisher? Maybe you could find something just to hold you over until you could find something of your work background.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:41 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
still still your debt and goes on your credit no?

Old 09-08-2009, 02:18 PM

202 posts, read 583,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Here's another thought... he stops paying and trashes his credit. I have been applying for alot of jobs and 90% of them have an addendum to the application allowing them to pull your credit. They are looking at your scores to see if you are responsible.

Just a thought...
Actually pulling credit has more to do with checking where you have lived more than anything. It follows your credit history and compares it to your resume.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas