Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 06:46 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,190,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kek1993 View Post
I love Vegas...ha ha...once, I was at Sonic on Charleston with my kids, in the drive up. There was a drunk guy there, shouting, crazy, peed on the place, I wanted to drive away, but we were "stuck". I called 911, told them about it, and they are like, so...what is the problem? Okay.

Another time, called the police because these guys were parked on our driveway on Hollywood for like an hour, that seemed sort of scary to me, so I called 911, again, and they are like, "so, what is the problem? They doing anything?" Okay.

Maybe it is not the police, but 911, scary.
Just tell them you have your shotgun and are going to check these guys out. Mention that blowing them away might be a good idea...Watch how quick the cops turn up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 07:56 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,782,633 times
kek, did you ask the guys parked in your driveway to move? I would have then if not call the police, and save there suspicious guys parked in my driveway I asked them to move and they said no. I bet if you asked them and they said no it would not be in a nice way relay that to the police and they will come.

You would not believe the amount of calls Metro gets, but trust me if you have a valid emergency they will be there quickly with guns drawn.

I thank all police officers for what they do.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:06 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,343,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbo View Post
kek, did you ask the guys parked in your driveway to move? I would have then if not call the police, and save there suspicious guys parked in my driveway I asked them to move and they said no. I bet if you asked them and they said no it would not be in a nice way relay that to the police and they will come.

You would not believe the amount of calls Metro gets, but trust me if you have a valid emergency they will be there quickly with guns drawn.

I thank all police officers for what they do.
Good way to get your b*tt shot off too.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:13 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,782,633 times
I am ready for that scenario. It is a sad day if a man is afraid to protect his property and confront trespassers. Of course be safe and smart.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:54 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,022,670 times
Shortly after I moved here, someone drove through our subdivision damaging cars. Mine had a side mirror knocked off/damaged to the tune of about $500. The other cars they hit were in worse shape. One of the neighbors gave chase and had a good description of the car and said it was 'kids'. All of us called the police to report the damage but they never showed up. We were all told they would get back to us with an incident number but they never did. At least they never called me. In the big scheme of things there are more important things they have to deal with. I wasn't hurt and the car can be repaired.

I've been a police officer before and my past experience tells me Las Vegas would be a hard place to work. 4 hours for an arrest isn't unheard of. Law enforcement is full of gray areas and you need to be sure of what you've got before you decide what to do with it. After all, YOU don't want to be the officer who gives a speeding ticket to someone with a car full of drugs who is on the FBI most wanted list. Traffic is one of the most dangerous details for an officer because you don't know what you are pulling over.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:05 AM

14 posts, read 40,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kek1993 View Post
I love Vegas...ha ha...once, I was at Sonic on Charleston with my kids, in the drive up. There was a drunk guy there, shouting, crazy, peed on the place, I wanted to drive away, but we were "stuck". I called 911, told them about it, and they are like, so...what is the problem? Okay.

Another time, called the police because these guys were parked on our driveway on Hollywood for like an hour, that seemed sort of scary to me, so I called 911, again, and they are like, "so, what is the problem? They doing anything?" Okay.

Maybe it is not the police, but 911, scary.
---------------
It could be because 9-1-1 is for emergency use where someone's life is in immediate danger. For example, if the crazy guy was waving a gun or knife around....or he was standing on the edge of a building. As for the folks in the driveway, they had already been sitting there for an hour. So, this was not an emergency situation. (Why did you wait an hour to call the police on someone trespassing on your property, if I might ask? I would have immediately been on the phone with the police!) The situations you gave are examples of non-emergency incidents, and you would be better off calling 3-1-1. I hope you don't have to ever again be in a situation to use either, tho!

As for the 4 hours to arrest someone, there are so many things that could be factored in to the situation. They could have been waiting on parents, but that doesn't sound like that kind of a situation to me. They could have asked to search the car and been told no. At that point, they would have had to get a warrant. They had to wait for the tow truck once they decided the vehicle was evidence or for whatever reason they needed it towed. When you saw them in the back seat at the end, they were probably just wrapping up paperwork before taking them to jail. So, yes, it can take several hours for people to get arrested. And, as stated earlier, officer safety on car stops is a big issue. Officers are frequently ran over, shot at, etc by people that are pulled over for something as simple as speeding...but they are fugitives, wanted felons, crazy drunk and just broke up with their significant other...Point being, they never know what they are getting in to with a car stop, and safety (not an expeditious arrest) is of the utmost importance.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:33 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,101,668 times
I think , in General, you can thank the ACLU for it taking 4 hours....

Cops are so snarled in crossing the t's and dotting the i's to cover their a$$e$ because of the fear of violating their civil rights.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:02 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,190,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I think , in General, you can thank the ACLU for it taking 4 hours....

Cops are so snarled in crossing the t's and dotting the i's to cover their a$$e$ because of the fear of violating their civil rights.
Uhhh nonsense Dyn.

Cops have been playing head games involving sticking you in an uncertain position for a few hours forever. Did it to us as kids.

Had a strange stop on my way home from work 30 years ago in upstate NY.

Wanted to search my car...probably with some reason though they would not say what it was. So I said no. Sat there for two hours before I told them to arrest me or I was leaving. At that point they gave me back my papers and said OK you are free to go and have a good evening. Still have no idea what it was all about. Wrote a letter of complaint to the Police Dept involved and got a polite brushoff. .

Nothing new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: