Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 07:52 PM

111 posts, read 435,488 times

Advertisements

My wife will have a job and I'm just asking about myself. She'll be making enough that I won't have to find a job immediately, but I'm not the type to sit around on my butt while she works her butt off. Is it getting at least somewhat better out there or is it getting worse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 08:04 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
With the job market being the way it is I was very surprised by a girl working at the Cherry Pool at the Redrock. She brought me a coke and did not bring me the change from a $20.00. She was just standing talking to her boyfriend (my guess it was her boyfriend) and I had to ask her for my change after 40 mins or so. When I asked she said she forgot. Really sad to be picky but what kind of customer service is that? Maybe she gets away with it cuz she did have a great body.
Ususally the ones with the best bodies aren't the sharpest tacks in the box.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:23 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlee3 View Post
My wife will have a job and I'm just asking about myself. She'll be making enough that I won't have to find a job immediately, but I'm not the type to sit around on my butt while she works her butt off. Is it getting at least somewhat better out there or is it getting worse?
Speculation is it will get worse before it gets better. And I haven't seen any improvement. City Center is good and there's a lot of hype about all the new jobs. But the reality is all the high paid construction workers are laid off and replaced by low wage workers. For the most part. Also City Center will most likely distract tourists from the rest of the strip and cause layoffs in other places.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:31 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Speculation is it will get worse before it gets better. And I haven't seen any improvement. City Center is good and there's a lot of hype about all the new jobs. But the reality is all the high paid construction workers are laid off and replaced by low wage workers. For the most part. Also City Center will most likely distract tourists from the rest of the strip and cause layoffs in other places.
Not for a while yet. The Construcrtion guys pretty much continue through next year. And if things start to pick up at all they may very well be able to move to other things.

We will see. It will be a lot clearer by spring.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:50 PM

23,221 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Default What do these statistics prove?

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36geoff View Post
ACS: Ranking Table -- Percent of People 25 Years and Over Who Have Completed a Bachelor's Degree (http://www.census.gov/acs/www/Products/Ranking/2003/R02T040.htm - broken link)

Percent of People 25 Years and Over Who Have Completed a Bachelor's Degree (by state)

13 California 29.1
47 Nevada 19.5%

I'll take my chances in Nevada.
This only proves that a more college-educated populace is no more equipped to stave off a high unemployment rate in their state.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:53 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
Quote:
i will agree except that i don't think that cc will attract that much after the first couple months.. there are no gimmicks or activities there... ps yellow good luck 4 the interviews tomorrow.. i do think you will get a good laugh when you see the test

Old 10-02-2009, 03:45 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
i will agree except that i don't think that cc will attract that much after the first couple months.. there are no gimmicks or activities there... ps yellow good luck 4 the interviews tomorrow.. i do think you will get a good laugh when you see the test
Thanks! Looking forward to it.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:00 AM

106 posts, read 222,866 times
Quote:

Lets not forget about those cc condos for sale. I wonder how cc increase in condos to the market will affect the value of my home. Well at this point it doesn't matter. I bought my home for 165,000 in Centennial Hiils 6 years ago. The home across the street from me listed at 90,000 short sale. The only thing I see happening is my value of my home declinding and unemployment rising for the next couple of years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas