Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2010, 10:23 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teach1234 View Post
Let's bring this debate back to Nevada, please.

As a small business owner, who is helping to pay for our eternal War of Terror as well as corporate bailouts in an allegedly capitalist system, let me offer a brief detail of the challenges of opening a business in Las Vegas, self-styled mecca of enterprise:

200$ for a State of Nevada business license
526$ for a county license and tax permit
500$ for a bond to be posted with DMV
150$ for fire dept permits
227$ for the health department to inspect my auto repair business (comment by the inspector--"You have a sink? Good." And she makes a check mark.)
125$ a month for shop insurance
And 4000$ for a shop lease, required before the state and county will issue a license, during which time you are legally not able to operate.

Many of my neighbors have had to buy trash cans with foot-operated lids, install sprinkler systems because they had a lift(?), questions by officials where they had bought the lift (?) (the owner closed his shop and moved due to the cost of installing a sprinkler system), and the comment from the fire inspector that by the time they get around to inspecting businesses (+3 months) over half are closed.

I am paying for a lot of dead weight.
To top it off, Nevada is one of the MOST business friendly states in the nation, as you noted. Imagine how much worse it would be in California or New York.

When people say that, in essence, we have no rules in this country, it's laughable. In a couple years, we won't even have the PRIVILEGE of buying incandescent light bulbs. What a joke.

As a business owner, those added costs are then passed onto us as consumers. It also makes it harder for you to hire additional staff.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:13 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Let's see, the S&P went from 667 in March 2009 to 1087 as of this morning. The country came out of recession much earlier than anticipated last year, the GDP is now positive, and jobs are being created every week instead of being eliminated. Yeah, you're right. What a complete and utter failure.
This article is for you. Don't worry, it has nothing to do with Alex Jones or conspiracy theories. It is simply the facts...

"If you listen to the mainstream media long enough, you just might be tempted to believe that the United States has emerged from the recession and is now in the middle of a full-fledged economic recovery."

25 Questions To Ask Anyone Who Is Delusional Enough To Believe That This Economic Recovery Is Real

Old 05-26-2010, 01:30 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,244,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
This article is for you. Don't worry, it has nothing to do with Alex Jones or conspiracy theories. It is simply the facts...

"If you listen to the mainstream media long enough, you just might be tempted to believe that the United States has emerged from the recession and is now in the middle of a full-fledged economic recovery."

25 Questions To Ask Anyone Who Is Delusional Enough To Believe That This Economic Recovery Is Real
''

LVD, if you like internet radio, you should tune in to Rollye.net.

One of the better radio hosts that talks about things they really are. I really think you will like her live feed. Listen.

Give it a shot and send me a PM if you like it.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
''

LVD, if you like internet radio, you should tune in to Rollye.net.

One of the better radio hosts that talks about things they really are. I really think you will like her live feed. Listen.

Give it a shot and send me a PM if you like it.
Thanks, I will check it out.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:51 AM

968 posts, read 2,062,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Are you serious about losing Harry Reid being a bad thing? He's worthless, arrogant, condescending and supports policies that will destroy Nevada along with the nation at large. Look at the policies he supports: Obamacare, stimuli, bailouts, auto industry take overs, tax increases, card check, amnesty, tax increases (in addition to those in the regulatory and healthcare bills), perpetual unemployment benefits, financial regulatory reform, budget deficits of $ 1 T+ and so on.

Losing Harry Reid is a good thing for Nevada and a good thing for America.

I will agree on one thing in that I am disappointed in Reid, but for not more aggressively pursuing the public option.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:21 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:

You're correct here. Anyone who think the Economy is doing well is a fool. Of course, we were not going to lose 750,000 jobs/month in perpetuity but we have lost MILLIONS of jobs since Obama took office. Our deficits and debt have skyrocketed since he was inaugurated and all of his policies will only make things worse. The ONLY saving grace is that the bulk of his agenda has not been passed in the form of amnesty, Cap and Trade and card check. Healthcare has passed and, right away, the companies started reporting the future charges and losses. Our premiums are going to rise and it will continue to decline from there. The Healthcare bill had plenty of tax hikes itself.

The tax increases will be implemented starting next year. The real unemployment, often known as U6, is more in the 17-18% range and some think it's well above 20%.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:02 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,082,760 times
Quote:
To top it off, Nevada is one of the MOST business friendly states in the nation, as you noted. Imagine how much worse it would be in California or New York.
This is a fallacy and pretty much a carryover from the days of "secrecy." The main advantage is no corporate and no state personal income tax. When it comes to the regulations / requirements of actually starting a business, or operating a business here, NV is much more difficult than CA.

I mean some things are just ridiculous, i.e. permits to put racks in a warehouse...really, WTF?

Old 05-27-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Anyone who think the Economy is doing well is a fool.
I would not go that far. I would say just misinformed. For example, I have a good friend back in Arizona who is college educated and is an engineer. He is way more intelligent and successful than me. He also is (was) planning to start a family. We were on the phone not to long ago, and he was telling me how happy he is the economy is getting better. Of course, he had been watching the off shore banking cartel controlled mass media. I set him straight. I had him watch the Obama deception video...

YouTube - The Obama Deception HQ Full length version

I also introduced him to Alex Jones. He had no idea how government worked or how much trouble we are in. Now he is a different person. He changed his mind on starting a family. He has started drinking heavily and is severely depressed as he is watching Alex Jones and Glen Beck daily. I feel bad about it as that was not my intent. His wife is now really pissed off at me (she is a democrat who will not listen to the truth). Regardless, it is better he know the truth now so he can prepare for it.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:00 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,082,760 times
Quote:
I would not go that far. I would say just misinformed. For example, I have a good friend back in Arizona who is college educated and is an engineer. He is way more intelligent and successful than me. He also is (was) planning to start a family. We were on the phone not to long ago, and he was telling me how happy he is the economy is getting better. Of course, he had been watching the off shore banking cartel controlled mass media. I set him straight. I had him watch the Obama deception video...

I also introduced him to Alex Jones. He had no idea how government worked or how much trouble we are in. Now he is a different person. He changed his mind on starting a family. He has started drinking heavily and is severely depressed as he is watching Alex Jones and Glen Beck daily. I feel bad about it as that was not my intent. His wife is now really pissed off at me (she is a democrat who will not listen to the truth). Regardless, it is better he know the truth now so he can prepare for it.
LOL that video is so full of crazy I dont even know where to start. I will say that if you purposely had a friend watch that then I'd hate to see how you treat people you dont like.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:03 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
Quote:

Bad choice of preparation, I'd say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas