Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 04:33 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,451,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz123 View Post
mommom, you do that too? When they call us the left coast i call them the wrong coast too. Arrogant, ignorant, ba$t*rds.
That's so funny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 05:42 PM

23,129 posts, read 28,858,336 times
Left coast? No, shakey coast. Quakes are likely to happen anywhere from Seattle to San Diego along the Pacific coast.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:50 PM

1,067 posts, read 2,971,425 times
This is my first autumn actually living here, too. I've visited in the past during the transition seasons and knew I could expect bad wind, and I also came from New Mexico, which can get pretty nasty high desert valley wind itself.

Still, as usual the desert is harsh but better than some surrounding regions. I was coveting other states' weather the last few days until I read about Colorado and Wyoming today. Wind and snow! Those who have driven the I-25 through Colorado in the snow/wind can feel my gratitude that I'm not there right now.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:55 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,220,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Interesting... woke up today to find my patio table in the pool..... Who would have thought...
With these winds the past few days, you are lucky to even have found your patio table! I watched on tuesday morning completely full trash containers, the big ones, being lifted off the ground by the wind and slammed back down, stuff going everywhere. Some people have yet to find their trash containers, probably on the beltway by now.

Old 06-10-2017, 12:20 AM

19 posts, read 16,635 times
I LOVE the Vegas winds! It is early June and the full moon is shining. I love listening to the wind at my bedroom windows. So comforting to be inside and hear the strong winds blowing. Beauty of the desert - desert lovers thrive!

Old 06-10-2017, 12:40 AM

927 posts, read 877,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeMe View Post
I LOVE the Vegas winds! It is early June and the full moon is shining. I love listening to the wind at my bedroom windows. So comforting to be inside and hear the strong winds blowing. Beauty of the desert - desert lovers thrive!
Sounds like you need a neighbor with 20 wind chimes in her front yard.

Old 06-10-2017, 08:04 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,502,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Windchill is windchill.

Try some evening in January when it gets down to 20-25 degrees and pack a 30-40MPH wind behind it. You've got it! Below zero windchill!

Even with a evening temp at 35 degrees with a wind blaster behind it!
I have lived here 17 years. When have we EVER had a below zero windchill? Coming from the midwest, that is news making and I would of NEVER heard the end of that.

One January about 4 years ago it did get below freezing. I was redoing my landscape, and most stuff died.

There has to be a chart of past temps. Not remembering lots of 20 degree temps in January. Up at Mt Charleston yes, in the valley doubting it. We'd all be replacing our landscape yearly.

I live SW upper Summerlin where it is about 10 to 15 degrees cooler in the summer. That gauge they use to give our temp is at the airport, surrounded by cement. How many people here live near the airport? Yes it is still hot at my house.

Hotter than Tucson! Tucson wishes. I'm not saying its not hot - hot like an oven dry heat.
But watch the national temps. Tucson/Phoenix is always hotter by about 5 to 10 degrees. Have a friend that lives there. Love to do the oh how do you stand the heat 'down there.'

Anyone else thinks its gotten windier over the last year or so?

Old 06-10-2017, 08:39 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,555,042 times
Wait until there's sustained 110 degree days with zero wind. You'll be begging for a breeze. I'm waiting for the summer thunderstorms. Those are really cool.

Old 06-10-2017, 05:11 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,789,267 times
This is the windiest year I've seen but I haven't been here that long

I guess it doesn't help there is a vacant block across from me so the southerly winds have no obstacles

Old 06-10-2017, 06:32 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,781,458 times
When we moved here in 2000, we'd come home from work and have to go round up our trashcans from the down the street. You may notice some people have their address number on their trashcan; that would be why. It seems like its not as windy as it used to be. Either I've gotten used to it or all of the developments are blocking most of the wind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas