Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2009, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,528 times

Advertisements

I had a identiy fraud done to me by the lady at this Apartment complex when she took my application in April, both my roomate and I had to make it out.
two days after taking my information she the lady who is the management company employee applied for USING MY INFORMATION and received a credit card in my name . She charged all over las Vegas and California, and of course did not pay the bill for months causing my credit score which was excellent to be hurt.
Sometime later I found out by accident about this when the credit card statement was delivered to the office of this complex in my name her address , but she mistakenly left it on her desk .( I think she took it to work to shredd and got busy )
Many months and hours on the phone both with the credit card company and the police, not to mention what we have both been through and what still she could do , she finally walked into the police station and confessed to this crime, but was not arrested.
I want to leave Vegas and go to another state this has been a terrible experience and neither I or my roomate feel safe here.
How do I get out of this lease and go. .
Also the person living in the unit above me plays loud music and guitar on a ampflier all hours of the day and night, the walls vibrate from his noise . They are aware of this but it still goes on .
I have to go HELP

Last edited by stormFour; 11-04-2009 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 02:05 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
Call Metro and let the fraud division handle the identity theft thingie....

as to the guitar thingie......you're stuck unless the manager intervenes.....

Old 11-04-2009, 02:28 PM

122 posts, read 356,431 times
When you find a City where these things do not happen, let me know. Good luck.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:36 PM

638 posts, read 2,244,111 times
Ah... I remember the hell of Las Vegas apartments. Something about the way they are built. New construction does not seem to keep noise down like old brick buildings. I can understand how it sucks living below a pig.

You might want to go talk to the manager or go even higher up the chain within the management company. Tell them what happened and ask to get out and if they wont let you indicate that you are calling the news with your story. Dont be threatening! Just indicate that if they wont work with you on getting an early exit, you might call action news 13 for help! You'd be surprised.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:46 PM

133 posts, read 419,335 times
That's terrible, I can relate on the noise issue though.
At my first complex, I had major issues with an extremely loud neighbor who would deem in necessary to walk the halls and scream at 4.am EVERY morning. He was a drunk college kid, so I could understand the first few times.
Best bet is to complain to whomever your property managers boss is. Look up their company on the internet and complain to the superiors above him/her. Those are the people who will make sure things get done at your place. Don't bother with Metro as they can't do much if the noise isn't happening when they arrive(which is usually 40mins -1hr later) because it's a non emergency situation. What I also did was copy a letter/petition and put it in other neighbors mailboxes. Other people signed it and dropped it off at the office. They fowarded it to all HOA personnel and the situation got taken care of, for good.

I like the idea of threatening to call the news too, no property team wants to deal with bad publicity! lol

Old 11-05-2009, 07:47 PM

259 posts, read 705,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
When you find a City where these things do not happen, let me know. Good luck.

I think an apt dweller living in Las Vegas would be much more likely to end up living next to some jimmi hendrix wanna be seeings how there is so much more live entertainment going on around here than most other cities..

Old 11-05-2009, 09:28 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormFour View Post
I had a identiy fraud done to me by the lady at this Apartment complex when she took my application in April, both my roomate and I had to make it out.
two days after taking my information she the lady who is the management company employee applied for USING MY INFORMATION and received a credit card in my name . She charged all over las Vegas and California, and of course did not pay the bill for months causing my credit score which was excellent to be hurt.
Sometime later I found out by accident about this when the credit card statement was delivered to the office of this complex in my name her address , but she mistakenly left it on her desk .( I think she took it to work to shredd and got busy )
Many months and hours on the phone both with the credit card company and the police, not to mention what we have both been through and what still she could do , she finally walked into the police station and confessed to this crime, but was not arrested.
I want to leave Vegas and go to another state this has been a terrible experience and neither I or my roomate feel safe here.
Also the person living in the unit above me plays loud music and guitar on a ampflier all hours of the day and night, the walls vibrate from his noise . They are aware of this but it still goes on .
I have to go HELP
Play loud religious programing from the radio or TV blasting when you are out of the apartment.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:01 PM

549 posts, read 1,380,356 times
Quote:
I have to go HELP
READ your lease carefully and then read Landlord/Tenant law NRS 118A. Check with an attorney as this fruad may very well rise to a legal defense for breach of contract. Additionally, YOU the tenant have a right to enjoyment of peace and the loud music thing needs to stop.

I was in court yesterday and watched a similar case. The tenants paid the rent with a money order. Someone in the LL's office apparently altered the money order and cashed it. The LL filed an eviction on the tenant for non-payment of rent, however, the tenant showed proof that they had paid the rent with receipts from the money order and provided copies of the altered money order to the court. They and the LL were defrauded apparently by someone in the LL's office. This, however, may not permanently stop the eviction, but it postponed it until the criminal case is resolved and more evidence is gathered.

Send only CERTIFIED letters to the apt people. They MUST cure any breach within 14 days or you can possibly cancel the contract. I am not a lawyer so READ NRS 118A to determine your course of action.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:19 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
I have to go HELP
You might want to remind the Mgmt co that it was their employee who stole your information. Do it in a letter and mention a possible lawsuit claiming emotional stress, they may let you out of the lease just to be rid of the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas