U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-10-2009, 10:38 PM

100 posts, read 104,870 times
Default Re:

If the author did get his a$$ whooped, then I'm laughing with you guys

The govt should consider baby bonuses. In about 18 years, that should solve the issue of vacant houses

It's a patriotic duty some of the younger ones wouldn't mind....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 10:42 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,375,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Garbage. "Cheerleaders" even if true pale to those who made money from it.

Follow the money.
Right, because we all know that realtors didn't make any money pushing homes on people that had no business buying them.

"Get in before your priced out!" "You'll never lose money buying real estate" "There's no bubble in the Vegas housing market."

That last one is one of my personal favorites.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:44 PM

100 posts, read 104,870 times
Default Re:

Gotta side with Tony on this one. The NAR's too embarrassed that there's even talk about cutting commissions.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:47 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,454,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim10 View Post
Gotta side with Tony on this one. The NAR's too embarrassed that there's even talk about cutting commissions.
The NAR has nothing to do with commissions. I can see there are alot of clueless people up there. Good luck with your housing recovery.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
More garbage and misdirection. You responded to me. I used "lender".

Try another lie. Maybe it will fly.
Genius, I was responding to cmist's use of "bank" when I replied in same. The comment of mine that you replied to stated bank because that's where the conversation started. Again, please follow along if you want to insert yourself in a conversation you haven't started.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:52 PM

15,758 posts, read 19,044,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
Genius, I was responding to cmist's use of "bank" when I replied in same. The comment of mine that you replied to stated bank because that's where the conversation started. Again, please follow along if you want to insert yourself in a conversation you haven't started.
Keep trying. You quoted me...or did you miss that.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:52 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,454,690 times
debating the definition of bank vs. lender is completely irrelevant. I wrote back and think my response got buried in the mix somewhere. I think its falling on deaf ears though.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
Right, because we all know that realtors didn't make any money pushing homes on people that had no business buying them.

"Get in before your priced out!" "You'll never lose money buying real estate" "There's no bubble in the Vegas housing market."

That last one is one of my personal favorites.
Never used any of that locally. In fact in the high part of the market it was the problem of keeping your client rational. You had to turn them down not up.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmist View Post
Exactly!! Banks, Lenders, whatever you want to call them, did NOT manage their own risks very well at all. They created crazy loans that allowed people to buy things that they could realistically NOT afford. When things were hopping, NOTHING WAS A RISK, it was in their favor to foreclose because they standed to GAIN mucho appreciation in very short time frames.

Keep in mind, if the "lenders" didnt offer such wacky financing the pool of buyers that were ENABLED to afford outrageously priced housing would have been cut off. The homeowners that were asking such prices would NOT have sold, and would have been forced to ask ONLY what the market could truly bear as opposed to what banks (lenders, whatever) made "affordable". When things go south, they all of sudden return to the normal practices cause they know they were foolish to offer that type of product in the first place. But for a very short while it was in their favor to give loans to anything with a pulse, and probably those without pulses too. Now they return to business as usual, leaving all the inflated prices they ENABLED behind with no way to finance them any longer. This behavior didnt just mess up a few irresponsible people, it literally crashed cities, and became an epidemic across the nation.

I dont really get how a realtor plays that great of a role. So you get a call as an agent and tell them you are qualified for 300k and you show up with a pre-qual letter that says this. Realtor drives buyer around and show buyer what they want, lender gives the money, home sold. If any realtor told that person, NO WAIT its all gonna collapse, the buyers would have laughed it off and bought what the banks told them they could afford.
Do you really need a bank to tell you what you can and can't afford? Did you consult a bank the last time you financed a automobile? Did you ask them if you could afford the monthly payment? Do you call your bank every time you use a credit card to make sure you can afford the minimum monthly payment?

Old 11-10-2009, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmist View Post
debating the definition of bank vs. lender is completely irrelevant. I wrote back and think my response got buried in the mix somewhere. I think its falling on deaf ears though.
No...it is not irrelevant. Wish it was. Tony wishes to feature the well known edifice that holds money and uses it to make money. I wish to point out there was a huge cottage industry, very corrupt in many dimensions, based on creating and selling mortgages to investors.

They lead to very different perceptions of what went on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas