Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 09:44 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
I get the best comments ever...lol.

If I had nothing to lose then maybe I would have given up the info. But since I have a family and doing a favor for an in-law, I would hate for something to come back on me or them.

Maybe if there was a personal guarantee from the AC guy that he would not speak a word of where he got his info...then maybe...but at the time, he looked as if he was out for blood.

Posted from Nokia 8210
Next time, (hopefully there won't be one) just send me the info. I'll call in as a concerned neighbor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 09:54 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,944,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
I dont think that this post aims to address the merits of prostitution. In fact, the op appears to be a pragmatist concerned soley with the potential logistical hassles associated with renting to a person involved in the illegal vice industry.

Hookers, dop dealers, pimps, etc can be good tenets if they have their stuff together and dont crap where they sleep. This girl was rather sloppy and a simple google search allowed for you to trace her telephone number to her profession. She likely does not have her stuff together and is reckless.

Rent to her if need be but charge a premium and dont be suprised if she stiffs you.

Btw, the comment that prostitution alleviates rape is riduclous. Men dont rape women because they are so sexually charged up their only outlet is to abduct, theaten, and rape a woman. They rape because they have a need to exert power.

I am pretty sure the OP already did what they needed to do since it was 3 years ago.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:16 AM

134 posts, read 177,840 times
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I have a question. I've only lived here for a couple of months. I don't know anyone here and I am locked into my lease with my apartment for 14 months. However, where would I go to find a nice smaller house to rent in a good neighborhood when the time comes? I can only afford about what I'm paying now ($650). It must be in a good neighborhood because I'm generally out of town for 4-5 days per week at work. (I know crime can/does happen anywhere) I'm tired of apartments. I'm clean, no pets, no girlfriend and pay my bills on time. Where would I go to begin such a search for a good landlord & house. I'd prefer a garage however it's not a requirement I guess. Thanks for any help.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:33 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxflyboy View Post
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I have a question. I've only lived here for a couple of months. I don't know anyone here and I am locked into my lease with my apartment for 14 months. However, where would I go to find a nice smaller house to rent in a good neighborhood when the time comes? I can only afford about what I'm paying now ($650). It must be in a good neighborhood because I'm generally out of town for 4-5 days per week at work. (I know crime can/does happen anywhere) I'm tired of apartments. I'm clean, no pets, no girlfriend and pay my bills on time. Where would I go to begin such a search for a good landlord & house. I'd prefer a garage however it's not a requirement I guess. Thanks for any help.

Good luck with that. If you find such a place, please PM me the details.

Houses in the better areas of town start at around a grand a month. If you are out of town so much, why is apartment living a big deal anyway?

I guess you could rent a house and get a roommate to split the expense with, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:51 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,155,699 times
Nice safe home for $650 a month? I don't think that's possible. Maybe a roommate situation in a safe area for that price.

Posted from Nokia 8210

Old 01-05-2013, 09:54 AM

Ok. Thanks. Like I said. I'm not familiar with the area and don't know anyone here. That's why I asked. I don't do room mates. Too old and set in my ways for that.

Last edited by vxflyboy; 01-05-2013 at 10:03 AM..

Old 01-05-2013, 10:05 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,398 times
Really!?!

Old 01-05-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
I agree with nlvgal...why do you want a house when you are gone so much? And, you are already tired of apt living, having only been here a couple months and of those you are gone most of it? I'm thinking you are probably better off in an apt complex if you are gone that much.

Good luck!

Old 01-05-2013, 12:19 PM

I'm tired of apartments because I've lived in them most of my adult life. It would be nice to rent a house where I can wash my vehicle in the drive way, have no neighbors on the other side of the wall(s) or just be able to sit on a porch and watch the world go by when I AM home.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
I'm tired of apartments because I've lived in them most of my adult life. It would be nice to rent a house where I can wash my vehicle in the drive way, have no neighbors on the other side of the wall(s) or just be able to sit on a porch and watch the world go by when I AM home.
I don't blame you, really. I lived in an apt for 5 months and that was enough. The apt was nice and the lack of having to maintain a house was nice, but....neighbors and such did stink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: