Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 06:02 PM

549 posts, read 1,380,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemspy View Post
Ugh is this why those annoying giant billboards are appearing again all over every spare piece of dirt by the sides of every surface street around the valley?
YUP, yup!!! 2010 is an election year for some very important seats. And, most people do not realize it is an election year unless there is a Presidential candidacy.

However, the elections AFTER the President are just as important if not more so because of the struggle for seats in either the House or the Senate can make or break current and future legislation. By the same token, locally, some very GREEN lawyers can become judges EASILY because of low interest and voter turn out.

So, remember to GET THE VOTE OUT!!!

Old 01-06-2010, 07:34 PM

968 posts, read 2,062,532 times
Is it typical to pay the home inspector through the closing escrow or otherwise? I've worked with two different firms, one getting paid through escrow, the other wants to get paid immediately.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:56 PM

968 posts, read 2,062,532 times
sorry, posted on wrong thread.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:15 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierramadre44 View Post
Someone brought up in another thread about watching who is elected. I'm pretty sure they were talking on the national level, but I thought to get this discussion started now because, as some of you may know, elections for many offices is coming up in Clark County this next year as well as on the national level.

Some of you may want to add your 2 cents to who you would or wouldn't like to support for office. So, go to this link http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/dep...ffices2010.pdf and take a look at the list. Give the name of the office and if you will or will not be supporting that candidate. Insights as to why are optional, but maybe helpful for others.

I realize we all don't have an interest in EVERY office, but some may have more insight as to why particular candidates should or should not be elected.

Just off the top of my head...

I will not support:
District Attorney, David Roger
District Court Judge, Family Division, Dept C, Steve Jones
Justice of the Peace Dept 9, Joe Bonaventure

I currently WILL support:
Secretary of State, Ross Miller
Clark County School District F, Carolyn Edwards
Clark County Sheriff, Doug Gillespie

Ambivalent on:
Justice of the Peace, LV Township, Dept 5, Nancy Oesterle
Dont know about Clark County elections. But from what I've heard Las Vegans talking about, I do know that Harry Reid can kiss his a$$ goodbye in the senate!

Old 01-07-2010, 11:58 AM

549 posts, read 1,380,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Dont know about Clark County elections. But from what I've heard Las Vegans talking about, I do know that Harry Reid can kiss his a$$ goodbye in the senate!
I'm not a big fan of Harry Reid, but the grass is not always greener on the other side either.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:49 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
I hear the Repubs are really going after old Harry...gonna run Jim Gibbons against him....

Old 01-07-2010, 02:41 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,848,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
I hear the Repubs are really going after old Harry...gonna run Jim Gibbons against him....
I haven't heard that, and I don't know that I would count on that. Considering Sue Lowden is Chairman of the NRP, and the fact that she has thrown her hat in the ring (with not much substance at this point other than opposing Reid I might add) very early on I would imagine that she will get the nomination. Of course Tarkanian is popular as well (although other than lip service and name recognition via his dad I don't know what he brings to the table), and considering that there are more than a few folks that are a bit upset at Lowden for her alleged role in the treatment of Ron Paul's campaign out here (supposedly he was to get 3 delegates but she ordered the process shut down early or something) he may win the nomination. Then of course there is the fact that many of us are simply tired of the two party system as both sides are completely full of it, which may throw a monkey wrench into the whole damn thing. My only prediction is that it will be an interesting year at the polls, and I am curious to see where the people stand come election time.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:47 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
I made it up....

Just pointing out that the Repubs really don't have a credible candidate...

And Harry is very good at coming on late in the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas