U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-12-2010, 10:28 AM
 
Location: SW Las Vegas
109 posts, read 333,179 times
Reputation: 44
I have Anthem from my job- single coverage, healthy female and the premium my employer pays for me is close to 185, and thats the cheapest low deductible plan offered with no presecription coverage-sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-12-2010, 11:14 AM
 
Location: Macao
12,465 posts, read 18,443,841 times
Reputation: 6109
Depressing.

Looks like with the government health care plan....'public option' is off the table. Looks like they are also passing a law that REQUIRES all people to purchase healthcare.

Those prices per month are jaw-droppingly high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2010, 11:28 AM
 
458 posts, read 931,815 times
Reputation: 333
Try ehealthinsurance.com, they'll bring up much of what you can get as far as individual plans. Good luck, finding health insurance plans in Nevada has been my biggest headache in the past year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2010, 02:36 PM
 
Location: Here and there, you decide.
9,458 posts, read 14,366,264 times
Reputation: 2401
my wife and i have Sierra, 5000ded, $50 office visit, $10 prescrips.. $179
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2010, 03:44 PM
 
549 posts, read 790,697 times
Reputation: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Depressing.

Looks like with the government health care plan....'public option' is off the table. Looks like they are also passing a law that REQUIRES all people to purchase healthcare.

Those prices per month are jaw-droppingly high.
Don't know that not having a "public option" is a bad thing. Look at COBRA. If you are unemployed and bringing in say $300/wk, but the COBRA plan is $800/mo, what good is it? Personally, they can require all they want, but when a person doesn't have the money to pay for insurance, they won't buy it! It is really that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2010, 09:36 PM
 
Location: Macao
12,465 posts, read 18,443,841 times
Reputation: 6109
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierramadre44 View Post
Don't know that not having a "public option" is a bad thing. Look at COBRA. If you are unemployed and bringing in say $300/wk, but the COBRA plan is $800/mo, what good is it? Personally, they can require all they want, but when a person doesn't have the money to pay for insurance, they won't buy it! It is really that simple.
True...it seems like the healthplan is basically....well, we have 50 million unsinsured Americans...we will legislate that they MUST buy healthcare.

So then it comes down to, if they don't buy it, do they incur fines? If it's against the law not to have it, what are the punishments for not having it?

Granted, few will be able to afford these nearly 'rental apartment' prices...even worse for familys.

Granted I know this is getting into political discussion realm...so I'll try to keep it on task with Nevada...

Well, nontheless, okay, none of this can really be answered...I'm just thinking out loud on this upcoming debacle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2010, 10:39 PM
 
109 posts, read 140,498 times
Reputation: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
True...it seems like the healthplan is basically....well, we have 50 million unsinsured Americans...we will legislate that they MUST buy healthcare.

So then it comes down to, if they don't buy it, do they incur fines? If it's against the law not to have it, what are the punishments for not having it?

Granted, few will be able to afford these nearly 'rental apartment' prices...even worse for familys.

Granted I know this is getting into political discussion realm...so I'll try to keep it on task with Nevada...

Well, nontheless, okay, none of this can really be answered...
I'm just thinking out loud on this upcoming debacle.
Yes it can be answered!
Only with a complete overhaul of the health care system, changing it into a socialized mandatory health care system: All for one - One for all!
This works fine in most countrys of this World and nobody is uninsured or kicked out of their insurance when they reach a certain age. The insurance coverage continues for as long as you live and includes dental coverage, all operations etc.

It`s not a coincidence that 50 Million Americans are not insured and in many foreign countrys everyone is insured.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:18 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top