Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 07:54 PM

1,631 posts, read 3,950,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
in post licensing class, it was taught that if the seller allows or wants you to disclose, you can... if a seller doesn't want to his realtor to submit offers below a certain amount, the realtor doesn't have to ...etc... How long have you been a realtor in Nevada?
I still don't understand what post licensing had to do with what the initial inquiry was about. I was addressing the fact that the agent for wolfgang being a dual agent may have violated their code of ethics. And if he isn't comfortable with what his realtor is doing to either find another realtor or speak to that realtor's broker.

And even though your question has nothing to do with wolfgang's question I have been a realtor for a while and if your a realtor you can look me up in Glvar and if your interested in using my services as a buyers agent I will gladly speak to you about my qualifications and supply references. I am a primarily a buyers agent and on occasion will list a property but only for my previous customers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 08:21 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 license to sell View Post
I still don't understand what post licensing had to do with what the initial inquiry was about. I was addressing the fact that the agent for wolfgang being a dual agent may have violated their code of ethics. And if he isn't comfortable with what his realtor is doing to either find another realtor or speak to that realtor's broker.

And even though your question has nothing to do with wolfgang's question I have been a realtor for a while and if your a realtor you can look me up in Glvar and if your interested in using my services as a buyers agent I will gladly speak to you about my qualifications and supply references. I am a primarily a buyers agent and on occasion will list a property but only for my previous customers.
umm.. i'm licensed... hello....

Old 01-14-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
umm.. i'm licensed... hello....
Your funny, I forgot your the grouch

Old 01-15-2010, 01:42 PM

369 posts, read 1,095,366 times
so for the realtors on here who are usually very helpful, the ones that show rentals... what is the likely time frame that you get a place from when you apply for one? and how does it work if I am just searching the MLS for rentals and see some that I like, they usually have the realtor associated with listing the house... do i have to contact that person? I mean, that would mean quite a few different people to contact... any useful hints for someone looking to rent a house? I just know I won't have a lot of time between looking and actually having to move...and what the qualifications are, things needed... etc. etc. Thanks for your answers!

Old 01-15-2010, 01:53 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerdeOjos5 View Post
so for the realtors on here who are usually very helpful, the ones that show rentals... what is the likely time frame that you get a place from when you apply for one? and how does it work if I am just searching the MLS for rentals and see some that I like, they usually have the realtor associated with listing the house... do i have to contact that person? I mean, that would mean quite a few different people to contact... any useful hints for someone looking to rent a house? I just know I won't have a lot of time between looking and actually having to move...and what the qualifications are, things needed... etc. etc. Thanks for your answers!
You can contact Airics, oo7 or I. We can provide you with the listings and show you the places. It is easier to work with one RE Agent though you will likely have to contact the listing agent when you decide to rent one.

In general the rentals won't go past 30 days before starting the lease. On some of the lower ones they want you leasing in less than two weeks. You can sometimes negotiate better periods on expensive ones...above $2,000.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:06 PM

7 posts, read 164,397 times
Thanks for the replys, I have another question. I was told by this realtor that in order to make an offer in Vegas I had to send a check for 2000.00 with my offer as good faith. Is this true ? I just made an offer in Florida on a repo over the phone, nothing else.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:10 PM

It is true. No particular reason for it...more local custom. Even on a european client who will wire the earnest money I acquire a check. That and the 113 waiver of seller disclosure are the only real documents that exist nowadays.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:36 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang405 View Post
Thanks for the replys, I have another question. I was told by this realtor that in order to make an offer in Vegas I had to send a check for 2000.00 with my offer as good faith. Is this true ? I just made an offer in Florida on a repo over the phone, nothing else.
To answer your question, it is customary in most if not all markets in the country to submit a check for the earnest money deposit with your offer. The check is made out to the title company and will not be cashed unless and until your offer is accepted. Over the past few months, I submitted offers on two separate houses in Las Vegas; the first one required a check in the amount of $10,000 and the second one required $20,000. The first one was returned when the negotiations ended and we walked away; the second one was cashed by the title company and will be held in escrow until closing.

With respect to your comment about your offer in Florida, that would have been an "unofficial" offer that could not have been acted upon by the seller without you subsequently putting it in writing. Although you can have a verbal contract in other matters; all real estate contracts must be in writing.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
To answer your question, it is customary in most if not all markets in the country to submit a check for the earnest money deposit with your offer. The check is made out to the title company and will not be cashed unless and until your offer is accepted. Over the past few months, I submitted offers on two separate houses in Las Vegas; the first one required a check in the amount of $10,000 and the second one required $20,000. The first one was returned when the negotiations ended and we walked away; the second one was cashed by the title company and will be held in escrow until closing.

With respect to your comment about your offer in Florida, that would have been an "unofficial" offer that could not have been acted upon by the seller without you subsequently putting it in writing. Although you can have a verbal contract in other matters; all real estate contracts must be in writing.
It is reasonably common to dicker verbally. You are of course correct that it is not enforcable. But once you conclude the dicker you put it all in writing...that is when you often find out that the two sides don't quite agree on what was arrived at verbally.

In some places they don't start with a contractual offer. They use some form of a binder or letter of intent and the contract comes later in the process.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang405 View Post

99.9% of my clients don't live here and most of the time offers are made before they get here. I find by having the funds electronically wired to the title company faster and less of a hassle then providing a check.

What I and other agents usually do for out of out of state clients and clients that live in other countries,will write the contract verbiage to state that the Earnest money will be electronically wired to the title company upon acceptance along with a proof of funds letter,I have never had a offer rejected by doing this.

It's easier for the buyer, because once the offer is excepted the title company will contact the buyer with wiring instructions, the buyer makes a call to the bank with the wiring instructions, instead of having to wait for the check to be mailed.

This is just one way to take care of handling any kind of funds,each realtor has their own way of doing things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas