Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 02:50 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,244,252 times

Advertisements

Just keep in mind that 5yr at 75% is insanely conservative. You will likely fair much better in a desirable neighborhood.

The actual numbers that I see for apartment rentals is in the 89-92% range. I'm sure single family homes are near that range as well. There has been an overall decline in occupancy rates over the last two years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 03:12 PM

293 posts, read 641,602 times
I just checked on the student loan concern and it is that you can have your payment reduced to 10% of what is scheduled; ex:if your are to pay $200/month, your new payment is $20...and if you pay it on time for 10 years, the government will eat the rest..That is a great deal...you only have to show that you cannot find a job and a payment that big is not doable with your other bills. They do not take cable, cell phone or internet payments as a monthly bill as those are not needed...I need Cable, but the government says it is not a need

Old 05-03-2010, 03:14 PM

1,374 posts, read 2,435,214 times
I too am considering buying a small property in Vegas for retirement purpose. I would prefer a small house than a condo because I don't like to pay high HOA fees. My ideal property would be in a convenient location near shopping mall, and should be one-story (bad knees, don't like to climb stairs). I figure 150K or less should be enough to buy in a middle class neighborhood. Does it souds about right? Can anyone suggest a neighborhood in Vegas that meet my requirements?
Thanks

Old 05-03-2010, 08:00 PM

1,157 posts, read 2,652,029 times
Um, no. Water issues anyone? I don't think the desert is the best place to sink money.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:34 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,763,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mresort View Post
Banks losing too much money? No worry, the government could change the accounting rules so that you didn't have to report the loss on your financial statements.
I AGREE!
The banks are spending millions right now on lobbyists to try and avoid the constraints of the Financial Stability Act (Volker Rule). They don't want to relinquish the freedom they have to GAMBLE on risky investments like derivitives... and why should they? They have a foolproof safety net of guaranteed government bailout should things go awry.

There are people who lost a significant portion of their retirement savings in the financial collapse not to mention the equity in their homes and those responsible continue to act irresponsibly.

They jacked our credit card interest rates at a time when the Fed rate was at an all time low. They said it was economic reasons. Now they are spending MILLIONS of dollars trying to get exclusions from regulatory oversight.

Bankers... The REAL terrorists!!!

Old 05-03-2010, 09:46 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,448,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
I AGREE!
The banks are spending millions right now on lobbyists to try and avoid the constraints of the Financial Stability Act (Volker Rule). They don't want to relinquish the freedom they have to GAMBLE on risky investments like derivitives... and why should they? They have a foolproof safety net of guaranteed government bailout should things go awry.

There are people who lost a significant portion of their retirement savings in the financial collapse not to mention the equity in their homes and those responsible continue to act irresponsibly.

They jacked our credit card interest rates at a time when the Fed rate was at an all time low. They said it was economic reasons. Now they are spending MILLIONS of dollars trying to get exclusions from regulatory oversight.

Bankers... The REAL terrorists!!!

Then don't carry a balance on your credit card.

Too bad all terrorism wasn't as easily defeated.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:24 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FueledByBlueBell View Post
Um, no. Water issues anyone? I don't think the desert is the best place to sink money.
right now vegas is the most undervalued city in the country... we don't have the taxes that YOU have in Texas!

Old 05-04-2010, 02:23 AM

2,724 posts, read 4,763,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
Then don't carry a balance on your credit card.
T,

That would be an option however, they now charge a FEE if you don't carry a balance and if you opt out and close your account your FICO takes a hit. You can't win<shrug>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas