U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 12:32 PM

15,378 posts, read 23,337,359 times

Advertisements

you'll feel it if you pay attention...just a riffle of breeze as the sun drops behind the mountain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 10:58 AM

16,249 posts, read 11,900,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Been here 12 years, with a 2 year stint in Reno mixed in, and I'm just done with it. I used to absolutely love this place, but the community spirit is getting worse by the month. In these tough times we are seeing the true colors of our neighbors. For every can do person you find 20 who complain about something dumb and then say the world is going to end. And no matter how many years I go through it, summer never gets easier.

Can't believe all these people who want to move her don't realize how this all wears on you. I have lived in a handful of other places and this is off the charts negative with zero community spirit. But there is a reason why such a large percentage who move here eventually leave.
Anyplace wears on you after awhile. Usually about 10 years in one place wears on people. But I am curious- how many people that move there do leave? I would not think it would be that many.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:12 AM

8,696 posts, read 7,101,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Anyplace wears on you after awhile. Usually about 10 years in one place wears on people. But I am curious- how many people that move there do leave? I would not think it would be that many.

More importantly, how many that do move...move back?

Old 01-31-2010, 11:15 AM

16,249 posts, read 11,900,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
More importantly, how many that do move...move back?
I have heard that a large percentage of Americans die within 100 miles of where they were born. They might move around the country during their lives (who has NOT lived in California?) but eventually they end up pretty much where they grew up or were born.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:56 AM

1,670 posts, read 3,492,999 times
Quote:
I was there for about ten years and left. However it was more the horror of working for the Clark County School District than Las Vegas itself that caused me to leave. That's not to say that I didn't tire of graffiti, traffic, smog, gas prices....

I miss my friends and my house. I miss the beautiful views, the mild winters and the sunshine. I don't think I'll ever move back though as CCSD is the only game in town. I will be visiting though.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:22 PM

8,820 posts, read 15,371,842 times
Quote:
I have heard that a large percentage of Americans die within 100 miles of where they were born. They might move around the country during their lives (who has NOT lived in California?) but eventually they end up pretty much where they grew up or were born.
The majority of people do live and die within 100 miles of where they were born. And the other 30% of us move far far away and never look back.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:24 PM

8,820 posts, read 15,371,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierramadre44 View Post
My children swear they see ghosts in every house we've lived in --- even new constuction! I do believe that Vegas has some very negative energies associated with it. I think vulnerable personalties are the easiest targets for negative energies to attach themselves.
If your kids are seeing ghosts everywhere you go, you are all just being haunted. It does not mean that every place you go is haunted. You have one or more ghosts following you. Like you said, negative energies attach themselves to certain personalities...

Old 01-31-2010, 05:47 PM

177 posts, read 228,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
It is in my own definition as well. I havent been to Vegas yet but I know the average high is about 55 and the average low is about 34, by my definition that is cold

Im from Florida where in January its 75 in the day and 50 at night

I can lick it though, I am originally from Connecticut where temperatures in the teens is normal
Yes the average high is about 55, but sometimes it can be lower. I think at least half of Dec/Jan the temperature is only at upper 40s or lower 50s.
When the wind picks up I feel much colder and that's the time I need to wear my thick jacket.

In LA, even in Dec/Jan, when the sun comes out, the tempeature in the day is at least mid-60s, most likely in lower 70s. And there is almost no wind at all. I always turned on my a/c when I was driving. I would say at least 80% of the time I wore short sleeve in the day , and and a very thin jacket at night.

People coming from Southern California should know what I am talking about. Vegas is 15 degrees colder in winter, and 15 degrees hotter in summer.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:22 AM

904 posts, read 791,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
If your kids are seeing ghosts everywhere you go, you are all just being haunted. It does not mean that every place you go is haunted. You have one or more ghosts following you. Like you said, negative energies attach themselves to certain personalities...
Of course they see ghost everywhere they go, ghosts are hallucinations.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:59 PM

5,441 posts, read 7,204,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mresort View Post
Yes the average high is about 55, but sometimes it can be lower. I think at least half of Dec/Jan the temperature is only at upper 40s or lower 50s.
When the wind picks up I feel much colder and that's the time I need to wear my thick jacket.

In LA, even in Dec/Jan, when the sun comes out, the tempeature in the day is at least mid-60s, most likely in lower 70s. And there is almost no wind at all. I always turned on my a/c when I was driving. I would say at least 80% of the time I wore short sleeve in the day , and and a very thin jacket at night.

People coming from Southern California should know what I am talking about. Vegas is 15 degrees colder in winter, and 15 degrees hotter in summer.
We even have days here in Florida it will be 80-89 degrees in January and February if any of that warm humid caribbean air gets blown our way. I love those days

Regardless of how cold or hot Vegas gets. Im ready for whatever mother nature and the mojave desert can dish out on me

I hear its beautiful there in March, when I will be visiting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas