U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 06:24 AM

508 posts, read 908,742 times

Advertisements

I really want a small cute simple house but i have been searching for ever and ever and i just cant seem to find one...

I am looking for something just really simple. here is an example (i dont need a big house though...) this house is made of steal but its not a requirement.

or even if there isnt housing areas like this... does anyone know some place to look for land (most of the places i have found are stupid housing areas that wont allow an owner to build anything other then one of their stupid style houses)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 10:37 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,524,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grofica View Post
I really want a small cute simple house but i have been searching for ever and ever and i just cant seem to find one...

I am looking for something just really simple. here is an example (i dont need a big house though...) this house is made of steal but its not a requirement.

or even if there isnt housing areas like this... does anyone know some place to look for land (most of the places i have found are stupid housing areas that wont allow an owner to build anything other then one of their stupid style houses)
There are some communities that have homes like that they are built by Blue Heron however they aren't cheap, if you would like more info on that builder feel free to DM me. Also there is another community that is called
There are some cummunities that have homes like that they are built by Blue Heron. However they aren't cheap. if you would like more info on that builder feel free to DM me.
There is another area called Marquis estate homes that are modern but your talking oer a million for those homes.
If your going to build according to Applied Analysis, a Las Vegas business advisory firm.
There is also some modern homes in the sw that might work, but as you have commented most area's are track homes with a traditional influence.
The average price for raw land in the third quarter was $225,999 an acre, down 50.8 percent from $459,798 an acre in the same quarter a year ago and a steep drop from the peak of more than $900,000 an acre in fourth quarter of 2007. Remember that is raw land so you will have to pay to bring in the utilities and sewer.
Depending on where you want to live raw land can run cheaper or more than $225,999 an acre.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:09 PM

1,374 posts, read 2,711,584 times
007 is referring to Marquis on Tomiyasu. I'm a huge fan of modern architecture and those houses. Plus Wayne Newton is your neighbor.

These guys have some decent plans as well: Custom Home Architect designs unique luxury homes- Modern, Contemporary, Mediterranean, Art Deco house plans

Old 01-31-2010, 03:02 PM

2,038 posts, read 3,794,658 times
Blue Heron builds nice stuff.

Las Vegas doesn't have any smaller custom home communities. I really wish they had. The style of architecture featured in that photo, with exposed, poured in place concrete, steel and glass, isn't seen in the high end neighborhoods, either. Blue Heron comes close. Some neighborhoods in Boulder City with views of Lake Mead have homes like this. If you are rolling in the dough, you may consider the Ridges in Summerlin. All of these are examples of desert contemporary where the exposed concrete will most likely be stone veneered.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:02 PM

208 posts, read 303,304 times
...DAMN $225,000 an acre...my house sits on 67 acres...and the whole things not worth much more than $225,000. That must be what they by... "Location, Location,Location"

Old 01-31-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuse View Post
...DAMN $225,000 an acre...my house sits on 67 acres...and the whole things not worth much more than $225,000. That must be what they by... "Location, Location,Location"
Yep, You must be from out west, I am from Montana and you could have prime land for $20,000 a acre not so much here.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:05 AM

508 posts, read 908,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 license to sell View Post
Yep, You must be from out west, I am from Montana and you could have prime land for $20,000 a acre not so much here.
If there were as many jobs in Montana as there is in vegas i would have bought in montana.... (org. from spokane, wa) i love the mountains but i think my hubby would go crazy in the mountains. ha ha ha ha

Old 02-01-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grofica View Post
If there were as many jobs in Montana as there is in vegas i would have bought in montana.... (org. from spokane, wa) i love the mountains but i think my hubby would go crazy in the mountains. ha ha ha ha
One of the reasons we moved here 6 years ago was because of jobs, we are both self employed and most of our contracts were with the state, and when the state of Montana started to out source jobs to other countries it was time for us to move. We honestly thought we would never leave Montana we were both born and raised there.

We use to come here to Comdex and fell in love with Vegas the weather so much more including if your outdoors people. Unfortunately with the economic down turn our business has taken a hit again this time by clients not paying on time,or at all, the real-estate market for me has hit me hard because of not getting banks to approve offers, clients getting tired of waiting for bank approvals. Most of my clients are cash buyers and there are great deals out here.And my clients had great credit it's just the nature of the beast right now and it's not going to get easier.

Unfortunately or fortunately depending on which side of the fence your on there are so many offers to compete with. I did have sales close last year but due to the reduction in prices and commissions, I have personally saw a huge reduction in my income. I don't tell you this to have you feel sorry for us, just to give you a picture of what is like out here the good and the bad and the ugly.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:25 PM

47 posts, read 199,299 times
I wish that type of home existed in the area. I wouldn't that type of home "simple" though. It would be considered a luxury home in most housing markets and come at a premium. Blue Heron homes are gorgeous, but cost a million+ bucks.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:46 PM

9,124 posts, read 33,142,526 times
As an aside, while that house looks "simple", I hope you realize that it'll be extremely costly to build relative to a more typical home. Having that much glass removes alot of structure, and flat roofs are generally substantially more $$ than pitched roofs. I'd be willing to be that that "simple" house would cost around $450-500k to build if it's 1,500 sf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas