U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-02-2010, 12:14 PM

1,785 posts, read 2,091,955 times
If I find a new car that costs $30K and it's reduced to $20K and I don't have the money, I can't buy it just because it's a good deal. I have to wait until I have the money.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 12:38 PM

9,125 posts, read 23,204,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
If I find a new car that costs $30K and it's reduced to $20K and I don't have the money, I can't buy it just because it's a good deal. I have to wait until I have the money.
And if you can afford a house in Spanish Trail, you can afford an extra $1,500 a year for the next two years- we're not talking about a special assessment being levied in a poverty-ridden neighborhood. Sorry to say, but the people who are complaining about the $3k are probably the same ones who complained that the landscaping looked bad and needed to be cleaned up.....

Old 02-02-2010, 01:03 PM

2,038 posts, read 2,389,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
I've lived in major metropolitan areas for most of my life, so crime neither shocks nor surprises me. A senator's daughter was carjacked around the corner from where I currently live in downtown D.C. a couple of months ago. I lived in Miami during the time of the Mariel boat lift crime rave and the cocaine drug wars where shootouts in suburban shopping malls were almost routine. (Think Scarface). As a matter of fact, I worked in a federal prison back then and had to don a helmut, gas mask and billy club as part of an assault team to knock a few heads and quell riots every so often.

So I am no shrinking violet and I am under no pretense that I am moving to some guard-protected, crime-free mecca. I am moving to Spanish Trail because I like the community, I love the design of my house, and it feels a bit like an oasis in the middle of the desert. Not to mention that it is only 5.83 miles from the Strip.

You landed, hands down, one of the coolest homes ever built in Las Vegas.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:28 PM

1,785 posts, read 2,091,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
And if you can afford a house in Spanish Trail, you can afford an extra $1,500 a year for the next two years- we're not talking about a special assessment being levied in a poverty-ridden neighborhood. .....
Because they could afford a home there does not mean they have extra cash laying around. Anyone, including the the most affluent could have been affected in this economy (lost their money in the stock market or had their jobs eliminated).

Quote from the article:
While some billionaire residents could pay the entire assessment from their wallet, others are retirees living on fixed incomes and some are struggling to avoid bankruptcy or foreclosure, said John Gilardi, a retired building contractor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas