Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 01:11 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,823,643 times

Advertisements

I'm not talking about your workplace specifically. In general, if it were my business, I would keep the best people first.

I would guess that most people would do the same if it were their business.

It also says something about you if your boss said what he said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 03:10 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,704,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
That's what I don't like about unions. As management, I may have to let my best worker go and keep a useless one just because he's been here longer.
That was one the problems I did not like dealing with when I use to manage a Slot Dept. Some of the workers where constantly outstanding with great work ethics and excellent customer service and always striving to improve while others showed no improvement and did the bare minimum to get by. Also by the union contract we were not allowed to conduct a comprehensive evaluation on the Union employees. While technology replaced those positions, Food & Bev and Housekeeping managers are still dealing with these issues.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,552 times
I just got a job at caesars palace at the front desk...trying to decide to be union or not.....for now im nonunion and i think i will stay that way i just dont see the real benefits!! If anyone knows benefits that will affect me please tell me...also am i going to ger harassed or peer pressured by union members to join the union?

Old 04-18-2010, 06:24 PM

6 posts, read 13,630 times
With all their faults, trade unions have done more for humanity than any other organization of men that ever existed. They have done more for decency, for honesty, for education, for the betterment of the race, for the developing of character in men, than any other association of men. Even if your working for a non-union company, and making a decent salary, it is more than likely because their is a union representing employees in a similar business. Unions want their employer to be successful, and it is not ungrateful or disloyal to want a voice in our workplace. The commitment of union members is a large part of why some companies are so successful. As such, they have a voice in exchange for their success. If the company President and CEO has negotiated a contract that spells out his salary and benefits and nobody questions his loyalty to the company why should it be any different for you?
[font=Georgia]If you have a choice of which company to work for I would ask around about the union, do the members feel that they are being represented fairly? Is the union open and transparent to its members? Do they have shadey dealings? Just like there are good and bad companies to work for, there are many bad unions as well.[/FONT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas