Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 12:28 AM

13 posts, read 43,155 times

Advertisements

My son will be in Kinder next year and I am interested in hearing from parents that may be able to speak about St. Elizabeth Ann Seton and St. Francis de Sales schools. I am actually a CCSD employee- with no one to chat with about these private schools. Are they worth it? Any recommendations or advice would be extremely helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 07:44 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,752 times
I think St. Elizabeth Ann Seton has tighter curriculum and a better reputation. I have a very good friend (also a CCSD employee) who put her kids at St. Francis. They loved it but the curriculum seems to leave something to be desired. However lots of CCSD employees place their kids there.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:03 AM

Thank you for the reply. Any info on the "friendliness" of these schools? Some of the online reviews are a bit scary.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:28 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,752 times
I can tell you there was a very warm feeling at St. Francis. I think more moneyed people go to St. Elizabeth Ann.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:51 PM

Thank you- hard to know what to do. I just don't want my con being "taught to the test" like in CCSD. I am just worried about St Elizabeth's being too strict. As far as the tuition goes, they are quite similar, but St. Francis gives a discount for more than one child. I want my little guy to like school, but also have more spiritual support that he won't get at public schools.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:36 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,951,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by az77 View Post
My son will be in Kinder next year and I am interested in hearing from parents that may be able to speak about St. Elizabeth Ann Seton and St. Francis de Sales schools. I am actually a CCSD employee- with no one to chat with about these private schools. Are they worth it? Any recommendations or advice would be extremely helpful.
Here are some links to private schools you may want to check out if you feel the Catholic schools will be to strict.
Private Schools http://www.meganedwards.com/links/Pr...-Las-Vegas.htm
http://www.insidervlv.com/prisch.html

Old 02-21-2010, 05:44 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 license to sell View Post
Here are some links to private schools you may want to check out if you feel the Catholic schools will be to strict.
Private Schools http://www.meganedwards.com/links/Pr...-Las-Vegas.htm
http://www.insidervlv.com/prisch.html
Be careful with all that. Meadows is at least as strict as any of the Catholic Schools.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:48 PM

Meadows is definitely out of my price range I know it is just Kindergarten, but I for sure want full day. There is just too much to cover for the kids in less than 3 hrs of a half day program. The teachers are saints, but there is only so much you can do with over 30 kids for such a short time. We are pretty much trying to decide if St. Elizabeth Ann Seton is the place for us- hard to know. I guess I am just used to "scoping out" schools from the inside since I am a public school teacher.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:55 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by az77 View Post
Meadows is definitely out of my price range I know it is just Kindergarten, but I for sure want full day. There is just too much to cover for the kids in less than 3 hrs of a half day program. The teachers are saints, but there is only so much you can do with over 30 kids for such a short time. We are pretty much trying to decide if St. Elizabeth Ann Seton is the place for us- hard to know. I guess I am just used to "scoping out" schools from the inside since I am a public school teacher.
OH hell go with Mother Seton. She is close enough to being a contemporary that she will mess with the mix...and she was primarily an educator..

Know a couple of teachers there. Not the top of the heap but one at least preferred it to CCSD at a much lower salary.

YMMV

Old 02-23-2010, 08:17 AM

Not the top of the heap referring to the teachers or to the school?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas