U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:43 AM

1,785 posts, read 2,095,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
O M F G!

DW & I went there for dinner tonight and had the best-tasting food that we've had since we moved to Vegas. In fact, I can't remember a better meal at a restaurant in D.C. either for that matter.

The duck and the dates are just indescribably delicious. It was like my mouth was having an orgasm. Had a couple of tuna dishes, too, as well as the albondigas meatballs. Each dish was excellent. And of course, we washed it all down with a pitcher of sangria. Nothing could have improved the dinner.

Well, on second thought something did. After finishing dinner, we went down the road a bit to the Wynn where I played poker for two hours and won $401.

All in all, just a wonderful evening!
Life is good huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 11:30 AM

228 posts, read 363,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
O M F G!

DW & I went there for dinner tonight and had the best-tasting food that we've had since we moved to Vegas. In fact, I can't remember a better meal at a restaurant in D.C. either for that matter.

The duck and the dates are just indescribably delicious. It was like my mouth was having an orgasm. Had a couple of tuna dishes, too, as well as the albondigas meatballs. Each dish was excellent. And of course, we washed it all down with a pitcher of sangria. Nothing could have improved the dinner.

Well, on second thought something did. After finishing dinner, we went down the road a bit to the Wynn where I played poker for two hours and won $401.

All in all, just a wonderful evening!
Nice!
If you liked Firefly, then you may want to check out Elements Kitchen: www.elementskitchenandmartinibar.com

Old 04-22-2010, 11:44 AM

182 posts, read 56,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthpub View Post
Nice!
If you liked Firefly, then you may want to check out Elements Kitchen: www.elementskitchenandmartinibar.com

I have seen this place near the Chevron Station, looks like it is a new place. How was the food and ambiance? Firefly on Paradise is always busy everytime I go to Citibank, the Spanish restaurant I have been on the Strip closed down next to Ra Sushi Bar. I would recommend Cafe Deia for one of the best Seafood Paella in Vegas.

Off and On the Vegas Strip

Old 04-22-2010, 12:00 PM

228 posts, read 363,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhiker10 View Post
I have seen this place near the Chevron Station, looks like it is a new place. How was the food and ambiance?

Off and On the Vegas Strip
Excellent and Excellent.
A bistro approach, I would say, to both the food and vibe.

Just a really interesting menu.
An older crowd, but very lively.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:12 PM

182 posts, read 56,363 times
Quote:
Excellent and Excellent.
A bistro approach, I would say, to both the food and vibe.

Just a really interesting menu.
An older crowd, but very lively.
Thanks, I'll check it out, just found out Cafe Deia closed down. The website says they may be opening somewhere else. We'll see.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:05 PM

5,169 posts, read 5,865,903 times
Quote:
Nice!

Thanks for the recommendation. I've been meaning to try it out. Elements is just across the street from the border of Spanish Trail. When I was last at happy hour in Spanish Trail, I overheard one of the residents raving about it.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:36 PM

762 posts, read 928,466 times
I love the firefly on Paradise. The one on Fremont not so great, we never got something we ordered and getting there is not fun. The view is great though. Elements looks great and I will be going soon.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:35 PM

7 posts, read 13,181 times
Yummmmmyyyy

Old 05-01-2010, 12:29 PM

7 posts, read 21,168 times
If it weren't for the fact that I was exhausted from traveling we would have never discovered this little jewel on Paradise! Everything we ordered was delicious most notably the mushroom tart. I still have dreams about it.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:44 PM

9,497 posts, read 14,581,664 times
what the heck is a date? (no pun intended)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas