Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 08:29 AM

5,595 posts, read 19,043,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGBULLY View Post
AZ licenses are good until you are 65. Hated giving mine up!

Man, I didn't know that. No eye exam or anything?

edit: I'm thinking that will change when the AZ picks up the requirements for the Real ID Act. From what I understand, all states will have to be in compliance by 2017 so even Arizona will have to have everybody come in and get a new license, won't they? I'll have to do some research on that. Also, LVD (and unlike Buzz, I'm wrong most of the time ), I'm thinking that your holding "dual drivers licenses" will be invalid in 2017 when all states will have to be in compliance. From what I understand, there will be a national database of drivers licenses where it will be illegal to have a drivers license in more than one state. Some states consider it illegal now (i.e. Pennsylvania amongst others). Nevada is getting a head start by instituting its ASI program this year.

Thanks, Buzz. According to that one page I cited, it appears that they started issuing them again in January 2010 but as I say, I couldn't find any information on their website on a "seasonal resident ID" ...who it pertains to and the qualifications, etc.

Last edited by scirocco22; 03-09-2010 at 08:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 08:41 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,835,450 times
I just sent them an e-mail. I have to maintain a CDL in my state for my job so I'm not giving that up. I'll post when I get a response.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:48 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,470,355 times
I have been to the DMV on West Flamingo a total of three times within the past two months.

All three times I went on Saturday morning, and I arrived there by 7:15 - 7:30 am.

People line up at the door waiting for the door to open (normal start time is 8:00 am)

All three times, the doors were open either at 7:30 or 7:40 am.

I was told that this office does this quite often. but not every day. The last time I was there, while we were lined up outside (it was about 7:20am) DMV workers came out and went up and down the line and singled out the kids who were taking their permit tests, driving tests (with and without appointments), who was renewing licenses, registering vehicles and all the other DMV business.

We were given pieces of paper with a letter on them and when we went inside (doors opened at 7:40am) and went on the info line, we had to give the info clerk this piece of paper with the letter on it and our ticket number with the same letter and then the number was printed immediately.

The DMV lady, outside the building had given me a piece of paper with an "E" on it. Later, when I gave the info clerk my piece of paper, she immediately printed my ticket number E 102 as soon as I got up to the info counter and she saw the letter on the piece of paper.

I was there the very last time to renew my license. In and out in 20 minutes.

Last edited by MomMom; 03-09-2010 at 10:02 AM..

Old 03-09-2010, 10:01 AM

930 posts, read 1,817,348 times
can u imagine the wait time if they end up going to a 4 day work week like the legislature wants all state offices to do to try to save money? thankfully, Gibbons says he will veto.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:06 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
I have been to the DMV on West Flamingo a total of three times within the past two months.

All three times I went on Saturday morning, and I arrived there by 7:15 - 7:30 am.

People line up at the door waiting for the door to open (normal start time is 8:00 am)

All three times, the doors were open either at 7:30 or 7:40 am.

I was told that this office does this quite often. but not every day. The last time I was there, while we were lined up outside (it was about 7:20am) DMV workers came out and went up and down the line and singled out the kids who were taking their permit tests, driving tests (with and without appointments), who was renewing licenses, registering vehicles and all the other DMV business.

We were given pieces of paper with a letter on them and when we went inside (doors opened at 7:40am) and went on the info line, we had to give the info clerk this piece of paper with the letter on it and our ticket number with the same letter and then the number was printed immediately.

The DMV lady, outside the building had given me a piece of paper with an "E" on it. Later, when I gave the info clerk my piece of paper, she immediately printed my ticket number E 102 as soon as I got up to the info counter and she saw the letter on the piece of paper.

I was there the very last time to renew my license. In and out in 20 minutes.
I guess you were right when you said brilliant minds think alike recently. I say this because this is exactly what I do.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:35 PM

430 posts, read 1,312,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I do not use my Arizona license here in Vegas, but I am positive it is still valid. I have even called Arizona DMV to make sure. Nevada never notified them. All they did was took my license and shredded it. As far as expiration dates, they are much longer there than here.
NV DMV put a hole in mine and gave it back to me.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:45 PM

430 posts, read 1,312,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I am not 100% positive this will work for you, but it did for me. I am also from Arizona and still have a valid Arizona DL. When I went to get my Nevada DL in March of 2007, I surrendered my Arizona DL. However, I got a couple of duplicates first here:

https://servicearizona.com/webapp/dr...o?popularclick

They are only $4 for a duplicate. When I got my Nevada DL I gave them my Arizona DL. However, they do not notify Arizona and or cancel them. I just checked again and my AZ license is still valid. My Arizona license will not expire until 2040 so I am good to go if I ever move back.
Bummer I didn't do that before visiting the NV DMV. I just checked Service Arizona to request a duplicate and its says: RECORD NOT FOUND
I tried change address too and got the same results, record not found. So I am assuming that NV DMV notified AZ.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:37 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruready1st View Post
Bummer I didn't do that before visiting the NV DMV. I just checked Service Arizona to request a duplicate and its says: RECORD NOT FOUND
I tried change address too and got the same results, record not found. So I am assuming that NV DMV notified AZ.
It would not have worked for you then. I just went to the site, typed in all my info and it came up current. I guess they just forgot to cancel mine. I will most likely be moving back to Phoenix in the future so I am happy about this.

Old 03-11-2010, 12:04 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,835,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
I just sent them an e-mail. I have to maintain a CDL in my state for my job so I'm not giving that up. I'll post when I get a response.
This is what I received:

Good morning,

You may obtain a seasonal ID if you meet the requirements below: A Seasonal Resident is someone who is not a resident as defined in NRS 483.141 and who temporarily reside In the state for a period of at least 31 consecutive days in each calendar year, maintains a temporary residence in this state, returns to the state or jurisdiction of his residence at least one time during each calendar year, and is registered to vote or pays income tax in another state or jurisdiction. You are not allowed to work in the state of Nevada.
You will need to bring in the following documents:
Certified copy of your Birth Certificate, US Passport
Out of state driver’s license
Social security card
You will need two documents to show proof of Nevada Residency. You may use this link http://www.dmvnv.com/pdfforms/dmv004.pdf to see the acceptable documents to show proof of residency.
The fee is $12.00.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:13 PM

238 posts, read 547,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
This is what I received:

Good morning,

You may obtain a seasonal ID if you meet the requirements below: A Seasonal Resident is someone who is not a resident as defined in NRS 483.141 and who temporarily reside In the state for a period of at least 31 consecutive days in each calendar year, maintains a temporary residence in this state, returns to the state or jurisdiction of his residence at least one time during each calendar year, and is registered to vote or pays income tax in another state or jurisdiction. You are not allowed to work in the state of Nevada.
You will need to bring in the following documents:
Certified copy of your Birth Certificate, US Passport
Out of state driver’s license
Social security card
You will need two documents to show proof of Nevada Residency. You may use this link http://www.dmvnv.com/pdfforms/dmv004.pdf to see the acceptable documents to show proof of residency.
The fee is $12.00.
Yes! This is the information I had when I originally tried to get a seasonal ID last year. That info. is no longer on the DMV website. I still have the original paperwork I filled out. I'll be back in Vegas in May and will give DMV another shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas