U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 01:42 PM

160 posts, read 236,246 times

Advertisements

I need to get a seasonal ID. The last time I went to DMV there was a 3+ hour wait. I bailed and haven't gone back since.

I'll be going to the one in North Las Vegas at the end of Decatur if that makes any difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 01:46 PM

1,791 posts, read 2,149,204 times
What is a seasonal ID? Just an ID card or like a real drivers license for part of the year?

Old 03-08-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
What is a seasonal ID? Just an ID card or like a real drivers license for part of the year?
Just an ID to show I'm a local. I live in NJ, but own a house in Vegas. A lot of places offer discounts to locals and this would prove I own a home in LV. It's not a driver's license.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:47 PM

1,791 posts, read 2,149,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamDeleted View Post
Just an ID to show I'm a local. I live in NJ, but own a house in Vegas. A lot of places offer discounts to locals and this would prove I own a home in LV. It's not a driver's license.
That's exactly what I want. I live in another state but have a place in Vegas. Let me know how you get your ID. All my utility bills come to my house, not my Vegas address.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:00 PM
jpk

531 posts, read 1,197,031 times
Man, the DMV in Henderson was a zoo when I went there to get new plates. Holy cow, never seen anything like that before in any other city.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
That's exactly what I want. I live in another state but have a place in Vegas. Let me know how you get your ID. All my utility bills come to my house, not my Vegas address.
My utility bills all come to my house in NJ. I can't remember what we used as proof of residence. I'll check when I get home and send you a DM.

Come to think of it, I may actually have used my utility bills. Even though they get mailed to my NJ address, they still listed my Vegas address on them.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk View Post
Man, the DMV in Henderson was a zoo when I went there to get new plates. Holy cow, never seen anything like that before in any other city.
LOL! I thought NJ was bad, but Vegas was ten times worse!!

Old 03-08-2010, 03:18 PM

450 posts, read 1,015,761 times
I have gone to the one on W Flamingo and the one in Henderson on American Pacific in the am when they first opened and had no longer than an hour waiting time at both places. If that's possible, try that, otherwise other posters may be able to suggest...

Old 03-08-2010, 06:21 PM

1,352 posts, read 2,848,312 times
The middle of the month and middle of the week, I have noticed have been the slowest.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:58 PM

10,481 posts, read 14,715,367 times
I always get there at 7 AM (an hour before they open) and sit by the front door. I have never had to wait at all doing this. There is another problem though. You cannot do what you want. I tried it myself as in keeping my AZ license and getting a Nevada ID. They told me in order to get a Nevada Id I would have to surrender my Arizona license in order to do that. Obviously, I just went ahead and got a Nevada driver's license instead which I surrendered my Arizona DL to get it.

This is straight from the Nevada DMV:

ID Cards

The residency and proof of identity requirements for a Nevada Identification Card are the same as those for a driver license. The minimum age for an ID card is 10 years.
You cannot hold both a Nevada Identification Card and an out-of-state driver license.
To apply for an original Nevada Identification Card, you must:

Nevada Driver Licenses
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas