Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 11:22 PM

4 posts, read 26,985 times

Advertisements

hey everyone im moving to vegas bartender from south beach i need some advice!! where to go where to start ??! i have great experience and have been a bartender in the top clubs on the beach , but do to some family things i had to leave miami and move closer to california!! and i don't know where to begin
any big time vegas bartenders out there have some good advice for me? much appreciated....

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/las-v...#ixzz0hw8wkSWv
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 05:59 AM

91 posts, read 268,869 times
Hmm, I think you're asking for the bartender hookup, i.e. "Hey, ya think you can hook me up with a job?". The answer is no. But please read on for actual advice

Are you a guy or a girl?
Yes, it matters.
If a guy, please stay in South Beach. If a girl, read on...
Do you have solid experience?
Yes, you need it.
If no, stay in South Beach. If yes, read on.
Are you very attractive?
Yes, it matters.
If no, stay in South Beach. If yes, read on...

So if you are an attractive female with solid and verifiable experience, you have a shot at a good bartending job, just realize you are diving headfirst into an already oversaturated market. I work as a server and bartender at one of the strip's hottest restaurants and work Fridays, Saturdays, and some Thursdays as a barback at one of the strip's hottest clubs, and I got my jobs by meeting the baseline requirements of being young, attractive, and charming, and then applying EVERYWHERE on the strip that I knew was popular, taking what I could get, being excellent at my job, and moving into new opportunities when the time arose. It is much harder for guys than girls, but despite the bad economy, there are still places hiring.

Apply at the corporate offices of The Light Group, Pure Management, and The N9ne Group, who collectively own/operate more than 20 of the hottest venues in Las Vegas. Check out craigslist. Go to industry nights at the clubs and network. You just missed hiring for all the ultra-pools this summer(Wet Republic, Tao Beach, Liquid, etc) but there is always turnover in this town, so your best bet is to just move out here and see whats available. There are places that will never advertise, but there are still ways to get in... A good friend of mine got a 65-90k/year cocktailing job at LAX, the nightclub at Luxor by adding one of the managers on facebook and flirting with him, then kind of "asking for advice" on applying at bars/nightclubs. He told her to come in to interview at corporate, and the rest is history; 3 months ago she traded in her 2001 Honda Civic for a blinged-out Infinity G35

Good luck with your move

Old 03-12-2010, 09:16 AM

15,370 posts, read 38,975,073 times
What the world needs now......

Is another unemployed bartender in Las Vegas

Old 03-12-2010, 09:21 AM

366 posts, read 1,209,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowlife View Post
Hmm, I think you're asking for the bartender hookup, i.e. "Hey, ya think you can hook me up with a job?". The answer is no. But please read on for actual advice

Are you a guy or a girl?
Yes, it matters.
Yes, you need it.
Are you very attractive?
Yes, it matters.

So if you are an attractive female with solid and verifiable experience, you have a shot at a good bartending job, just realize you are diving headfirst into an already oversaturated market. I work as a server and bartender at one of the strip's hottest restaurants and work Fridays, Saturdays, and some Thursdays as a barback at one of the strip's hottest clubs, and I got my jobs by meeting the baseline requirements of being young, attractive, and charming, and then applying EVERYWHERE on the strip that I knew was popular, taking what I could get, being excellent at my job, and moving into new opportunities when the time arose. It is much harder for guys than girls, but despite the bad economy, there are still places hiring.

Apply at the corporate offices of The Light Group, Pure Management, and The N9ne Group, who collectively own/operate more than 20 of the hottest venues in Las Vegas. Check out craigslist. Go to industry nights at the clubs and network. You just missed hiring for all the ultra-pools this summer(Wet Republic, Tao Beach, Liquid, etc) but there is always turnover in this town, so your best bet is to just move out here and see whats available. There are places that will never advertise, but there are still ways to get in... A good friend of mine got a 65-90k/year cocktailing job at LAX, the nightclub at Luxor by adding one of the managers on facebook and flirting with him, then kind of "asking for advice" on applying at bars/nightclubs. He told her to come in to interview at corporate, and the rest is history; 3 months ago she traded in her 2001 Honda Civic for a blinged-out Infinity G35

Good luck with your move
As a Vegas bartender for the last 10 years I will say....well said. I will add also apply to EVERY local gaming bar you can. They are a hidden gem out here. Most places you can easily make 60-80K.

Have you ever worked at Liquid out there in South Beach? If so let me know....Your boy Rich K is out here now running Wet Republic.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:01 PM

139 posts, read 456,988 times
I don't understand why bartenders/waiters make more than shoeshiners or maids. Those jobs are much harder and require skill. I tip the shoeshine guy $2 and a bartender $1... Shoeshine takes 20X as long as opening a beer bottle or pouring a drink. Go figure. No more tipping bartenders.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:50 PM

Default bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe3788 View Post
As a Vegas bartender for the last 10 years I will say....well said. I will add also apply to EVERY local gaming bar you can. They are a hidden gem out here. Most places you can easily make 60-80K.

Have you ever worked at Liquid out there in South Beach? If so let me know....Your boy Rich K is out here now running Wet Republic.
i have worked for the opium group who own mansion, set, louie, cameo, prive who is now closed.. also worked for the blue martini downtown,

im just looking on advice , yes qualified, yes i am a woman, yes i am attractive, and in shape . i wore many tiny uniforms, that if i was even 5 pounds overweight id be fired.

i lost a close family member while living in south beach and now want to be closer to c.a. not expecting to start at the top. just some real advice from one bartender to another on how to begin. thank you.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
What the world needs now......

Is another unemployed bartender in Las Vegas
by the way no i am not unemployed .. i can work at blue martini vegas if i choose. Just thought i could get some friendly advice since i have no experience living in vegas thanks for your negative attitude

Old 05-25-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowlife View Post

Are you a guy or a girl?
Yes, it matters.
Yes, you need it.
Are you very attractive?
Yes, it matters.

Good luck with your move
thanks for some real advice.yes i am female yes i have solid experience worked for mansion and set and blue martini out there. worked at mansion spring break winter music conference . and yes i am attractive. got some negative replies, but whats new on this site. Just trying to get real advice from real bartenders, and want to be closer to my family in c.a.

thanks again

Old 05-25-2010, 07:17 PM

366 posts, read 1,209,158 times
Local gaming bar is the way to go...Head down to Golden Gaming (PT's) on south Jones and put in an application. They are always hiring if you fit the bill.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:53 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,228,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kay415305 View Post
thanks for some real advice.yes i am female yes i have solid experience worked for mansion and set and blue martini out there. worked at mansion spring break winter music conference . and yes i am attractive. got some negative replies, but whats new on this site. Just trying to get real advice from real bartenders, and want to be closer to my family in c.a.

thanks again
Nikki Beach and the Cosmopolitan are opening in the very near future. I'm not sure if the casting call for NB has come and gone, just thought I would mention it.

And its great that you were at Mansion during WMC.... Sasha and Digweed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: