Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 01:20 PM

848 posts, read 1,724,147 times

Advertisements

No, it is still nice and cool inside the condo even in mid-afternoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 01:43 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times
We turn on the ac in our apartment, my gf likes to set it around 68-72 (she likes a cold apt) I like to set it around 76-78

I dont run my ac in my car too much, just for a minute to bring it down to a good temp than ill shut it off. I dont run my car's ac too much, I like to save my gas at these prices

Once the brutal heat returns I'll run my ac constantly in the car

As for our apt, I'll set the thermostat at 80

Old 06-09-2011, 04:09 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,567,527 times
I actually have used my AC so far. Not because it isn't cool enough at night but if I leave my windows open I wake up to people making noise before I want to get up in the morning.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:45 PM

7 posts, read 12,994 times
Still have been able to resist turning the AC on. Was pretty warm this morning though. I think I'll probably turn the AC on this weekend or so. We get a really nice breeze almost 24/7 out here deep in the SW, so keeping the windows open has worked out pretty great so far! Last night, I had to close some windows because the breeze was too cold.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:55 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times
To the people who are leaving doors or windows open, I would think twice. This just happened, and it is in a nice neighborhood.

Senior couple astounded after auto theft suspect bolts into home - KTNV ABC,Channel 13,Las Vegas,Nevada,News,Weather,Sports,Entertainment,KTN V.com,Action News .:. (http://www.ktnv.com/story/14870544/senior-couple-astounded-after-auto-theft-suspect-bolts-into-home - broken link)

"The 70-year-old husband and 65-year-old wife describe being astounded as the intruder made entry into a unlocked sliding glass door."

""We lock all the time, but in the morning, it's such nice weather coming from the back door. What do you expect? We're not in prison, that's our own backyard."

Old 06-09-2011, 11:04 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
To the people who are leaving doors or windows open, I would think twice. This just happened, and it is in a nice neighborhood.

Senior couple astounded after auto theft suspect bolts into home - KTNV ABC,Channel 13,Las Vegas,Nevada,News,Weather,Sports,Entertainment,KTN V.com,Action News .:. (http://www.ktnv.com/story/14870544/senior-couple-astounded-after-auto-theft-suspect-bolts-into-home - broken link)

"The 70-year-old husband and 65-year-old wife describe being astounded as the intruder made entry into a unlocked sliding glass door."

""We lock all the time, but in the morning, it's such nice weather coming from the back door. What do you expect? We're not in prison, that's our own backyard."
Ah comeon. What do you suggest? Next time the guy throws a chair through the locked door.

You want us old dudes to sit around all day with a shotgun across our laps just in case?

Silliness.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:07 PM

1,828 posts, read 5,312,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post

I'd have to buy a new couch and patch some bullet holes or shotgun pellet holes (depending on which I grabbed). I'd let disaster cleanup take care of the blood.

With windows open you are more likely to hear intruders entering than doors. If you have an alarm keep it up and just bypass open points (open windows) one by one to keep a semi-secure perimeter. This will set your alarm off if an intruder opens a door. You can also program most alarm systems to notify (beep) when certain points are triggered, this can include motion sensors or doors/windows opening. Some of the internet modules available now will text you when each point in your house is breached.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:16 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Ah comeon. What do you suggest? Next time the guy throws a chair through the locked door.

You want us old dudes to sit around all day with a shotgun across our laps just in case?

Silliness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danknee View Post
I'd have to buy a new couch and patch some bullet holes or shotgun pellet holes (depending on which I grabbed). I'd let disaster cleanup take care of the blood.

With windows open you are more likely to hear intruders entering than doors. If you have an alarm keep it up and just bypass open points (open windows) one by one to keep a semi-secure perimeter. This will set your alarm off if an intruder opens a door. You can also program most alarm systems to notify (beep) when certain points are triggered, this can include motion sensors or doors/windows opening. Some of the internet modules available now will text you when each point in your house is breached.
I do not know what the answer is. Where I live, it would be guaranteed to happen if I left a door or window open so I leave my A/C on all the time. I guess it can happen anywhere as evidenced by the story I posted.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:48 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,472,715 times
I bet we're going to hit 100 today!!!

Old 06-10-2011, 11:53 AM

1,828 posts, read 5,312,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
I bet we're going to hit 100 today!!!
I'll bet you rep points we don't! Well, I've repped you too recently, but ASAP rep points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: