U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 11:47 AM

317 posts, read 547,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Wow, that is pretty bad. ....
@DavieJ89

your Status now (set 6 days ago) : "Everything is never as it seems" -

is it about Las Vegas ?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 05:05 PM

5,440 posts, read 6,403,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natali :) View Post
@DavieJ89

your Status now (set 6 days ago) : "Everything is never as it seems" -

is it about Las Vegas ?

actually no, that is a quote from the owl city song "fireflies"

but one could say its about vegas in the sense that the city is not as it seems to tourists, who only see that 4 mile strip of Las Vegas Blvd, when in fact there is so much about LV that IMO would make it the perfect place to live

Old 04-26-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
... vegas in the sense that the city is not as it seems to tourists, who only see that 4 mile strip of Las Vegas Blvd, when in fact there is so much about LV that IMO would make it the perfect place to live
@DavieJ89

I know LV as it seems to tourists...
..and I know Orlando as it seems to tourists (to local tourists - we resided 7 mo in Tampa Palm, FL area)

and I like LV.
and I like Orlando too .

Can I ask u (if its not personal reasons) why do u think LV is the perfect place to live ?

Compared to Orlando ?

Old 04-26-2010, 08:55 PM

5,440 posts, read 6,403,253 times
Quote:
@DavieJ89

I know LV as it seems to tourists...
..and I know Orlando as it seems to tourists (to local tourists - we resided 7 mo in Tampa Palm, FL area)

and I like LV.
and I like Orlando too .

Can I ask u (if its not personal reasons) why do u think LV is the perfect place to live ?

Compared to Orlando ?
Orlando is too hot and humid in the summer time. It has been in the upper 80s-low 90s here the past few days and it has been miserable already

Vegas is the perfect place to live because the local residents are very friendly, and have a strong sense of pride in their city, and a sense of community (something orlando DOESNT have and never will most people who live in Orlando hate it)

Las vegas has a more accepting libertarian attitude, whereas Orlando still has an uptight Southern Methodist/Baptist presence

The weather is far more moderate then Orlando (which between October-April it will be 85 degrees one day, then 55 degrees the next day) It rains too much in Orlando too. I like the fact that LV normally receives 4 inches a year, as opposed to the 50-60 inches Orlando gets a year. I HATE rain

There is so much natural beauty in and around LV (mountains are beautiful, swamps aren't) Also Vegas is hilly whereas Orlando is mostly flat. We have 1 part of town that is very hilly, but that part is also the most dangerous. (look up Pine Hills in Orlando, it is similar to Northtown)

There is an endless list of things to do in LV or within a day's drive (The strip, red rock, mt charleston, Grand Canyon, Lake Mead, Hoover Dam, Los Angeles, Lake Tahoe, the list goes on. Orlando just has Miami, the beach, and the theme parks which get very old very fast

If you are an outgoing individual with an accepting liberterian attitude like me, Las Vegas is THE place for you to live

I know I am meant to be there, and I know I will be there VERY soon. I just dont know when. It will all happen in God's time, not my own

Last edited by DavieJ89; 04-26-2010 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: fixing typos

Old 04-27-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:

Las vegas has a more accepting libertarian attitude, whereas Orlando still has an uptight Southern Methodist/Baptist presence

If you are an outgoing individual with an accepting liberterian attitude like me, Las Vegas is THE place for you to live

Las Vegas has an upting Mormons presence ...

Vegas pictures

Old 04-27-2010, 10:03 AM

3,731 posts, read 5,472,080 times
Quote:
Las Vegas has an upting Mormons presence ...

Vegas pictures
Well, this thread went entirely off topic, but I have to respond to you...

What do you think, the Mormons run the city?

They are here, they are well established (as every other faith is that is here) but they and their strict beliefs have no bearing with the wonderful, liberterian (live and let live) atmosphere that makes Las Vegas so wonderful.

They are, however, just an example of how every faith, every religion, every culture and race is here and embraced in the Las Vegas valley, and that is what makes Las Vegas so appealing to a lot of folks. In other words, however you want to live, whoever you want to live with, whoever you want to pray to, and whether or not you want to indulge in the the things that Las Vegas offers or not...is OK to most of us Las Vegans!

Old 04-27-2010, 10:29 AM

15,387 posts, read 21,487,515 times
the MORMONS are coming, the MORMONS are coming.....

big deal.....they are part of the population of Las Vegas....

Old 04-27-2010, 10:36 AM

Exactly...have no clue what the poster Natali was getting at

Old 04-27-2010, 10:40 AM

15,387 posts, read 21,487,515 times
ya kno MomX2 I have lived here for 40+ years and have YET to be able to identify a Mormon [other then Donny Osmond] just by lookin at em......

Old 04-27-2010, 11:02 AM

Totally agree Dyni, and even if I know someone to be LDS or any other religion/faith.....WHO CARES?!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas